Peter change

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by targis
    lol Peter will never give someone a hug again ever

If we had siggy's, that would be my new siggy.

It was a little annoying that now his power is almost exactly like Rogue's from X-Men, minus the memory/phsyche absorbtion. I almost thought they had veins coming out of
    everyone's hands he touched, until I realized it was more like a physical manifestation of powers from person to person.

I'm gonna try and watch the episode again soon.
    (Hopefully. I just remembered that I didn't get around to watching The Last Unicorn like I planned today. Whoops!)

Nice he's got new powers again and that they're starting from scratch. Plus he looked hot being an EMT. Hehehe.
    Last edited by Mini Wolfsbane; 02-03-2009, 12:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by the highlander
      well.. yes... its creating vacuum. but it will not run out.. having perfect vacuum is near impossible inside the atmosphere... besides I am not sure how high they were anyways...
      I happen to think you're wrong. I think this is a good example of how Heroes just made it way too extreme: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aloha_Airlines_Flight_243

Comment

Is peters scar still a posibility? I watched a interview with one of the writers online once and he said that Peter's scar was inevetible no matter what story changes were made. I don't remember who the writer was though.

----- Added 8 Minutes later -----

Peter could still get the scar during the crash. or maybe not if claire heals him
        Last edited by targis; 02-03-2009, 04:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Peter doesn't have a different power, its the same but rewired to another frequency.

Comment

I dont understand why people think peter was so powerful in previous seasons. He was pretty much a perfect match for sylar in previous seasons, if he ever sees sylar now, he is dead. Not all of sylars powers were shown / explained, such as the shadow step ability they hinted at in season 1, and the fact that even before claire, he could survive gunshots and 50 foot falls onto concrete.

I am amazed at how stupid the producers / writers are, they took without a doubt most peoples favorite character (peter) and due to a few people whining made him a stupid whimp. I think chapter 4 is going to be the mass exodus of viewers. Then again, maybe my estimation of the general populations imagination is far too high. Anyone who would argue that this show is a great show doesnt know much about writing, plot developement, continuity, character developement, Ill stop here.

Comment

i think he can only have one at a time now. As soon as he took Tracy's power he started getting pumelled. Looked like he lost his strength.

Comment

Unless it was a "Super Soldier" that was pummeling him.

Comment

I got the impression that Peter could only use one ability at a time, and it depended on him absorbing that ability from someone. So, the last ability he absorbed would be his only ability at any one time.

I don't like that. It's interesting if that is the case temporarily, but not permanently. It doesn't seem right if Sylar managed to get all his powers back that Peter didn't get his back.

If they are going to make him re-learn to use his ability to make all the abilities permanent then I'll buy it for now, but otherwise that is a very lame development not to mention highly disappointing.

I do like that he isn't whinny about his powers now. I like that nobody (except maybe Parkman) whined about their abilities. That's a refreshing change.

Comment

Originally posted by loistickyfingerz
                    I got the impression that Peter could only use one ability at a time, and it depended on him absorbing that ability from someone. So, the last ability he absorbed would be his only ability at any one time.

I don't like that. It's interesting if that is the case temporarily, but not permanently. It doesn't seem right if Sylar managed to get all his powers back that Peter didn't get his back.

If they are going to make him re-learn to use his ability to make all the abilities permanent then I'll buy it for now, but otherwise that is a very lame development not to mention highly disappointing.

I do like that he isn't whinny about his powers now. I like that nobody (except maybe Parkman) whined about their abilities. That's a refreshing change.

My guess is this is permanant. However if Ando figures out a way to permanantly super charge someone I could see that as a viable solution for peter's lack of power.

I like that he is limited. I think Peter was too powerful. no one else was ever nessesary in his story lines. Now they have to work as a team, and this set up, this volume definately lays the platform for them to form up a real team and work together.

Nathan is screwed.

Comment

I don't think Peter's powers have changed at all. We gotta remember, they were stuck in an airplane wearing suits that block their abilities. Maybe the suits and gadgets were prohibiting Peter from randomly absorbing powers. Direct touch was the only way at the time. Perhaps Peter just knows how to use and control his ability now. No random absorbing of powers and almost blowing up cities.

Comment

Originally posted by HurricaneSam2890
                        I think Peter can still get powers without touching people, but I think in this situation it was the quickest way for him to connect to people. Remember when he saved Nathan at the end of Dual, he flew before he had touched Nathan. I really just think it was the only way he could get a feeling for the other 2 quickly, and wouldn't really have to think about using the powers, if he just connected with them automatically.

Actually this pissed me off last night.

I understand resetting Peter's powers, he was very powerful, but completely changing how they work is BS to me. My roommate and a few friends I spoke to feel exactly the same way. Hurricane, you nailed it right on the head. Peter was able to get Nathan's powers without touching him, but now he needs to touch people to gain their ability?

Sorry, I think TPTB actually changed his powers in the two months because when they wrote the plane scene they realized that Peter would get to be too powerful again just by being around all those people. If that's the case, it completely insults the viewers intelligence because we knew Peter's powers were based on empathy before, now they are not?

That was what made Peter so cool, because his empathy is what made him powerful.

I think I remember from last season Mohinder saying that the formula will give powers based on each person's DNA. So if that is the case it should give Peter his old abilities back, not some wierd new one.

Sorry, I'm very annoyed by this. I'm really hoping that they explain this, like maybe in the two months that past, something happened to Peter to mutate his ability. I don't want to just have his powers suddenly change and have us suspend all disbelief and accept it.

We're not that dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by ibecj83
                          Perhaps part of the *physical touch* has to do with his current state. He was drugged up and weak which could have left his powers momentarily weakened to the point he has to physically interact with others to gain their ability for the meantime. Besides that, after regaining his strength perhaps he didn't want to suck up all the powers of everyone on the plane carelessly and pull another *Bomb* situation. Which is what ended up by mistake when he gained Tracy's ability.

Think perhaps that's why touching is transferring powers. He gained Nathan's *wirelessly* again. But begs the question why he didn't copy Mohinder's power in the cab.

I agree with you completely. I think the IV did weaken Peter so he had to physically touch people to absorb their powers. You are right, he didnt have to touch Nathan to reabsorb his power of flight... Good Stuff !! I think he may have absorbed Mohinder's strength in the car. He can absorb abilities and doesn't even know he has them. Unless it is life or death where his adrenaline is pumping he wouldn't use a power he didn't know he absorbed. When he was on the plane, he absorbed Tracy's and accidentally set off her power making the gaping hole in the plane.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by MrZeppo
                          Actually this pissed me off last night.

I understand resetting Peter's powers, he was very powerful, but completely changing how they work is BS to me. My roommate and a few friends I spoke to feel exactly the same way. Hurricane, you nailed it right on the head. Peter was able to get Nathan's powers without touching him, but now he needs to touch people to gain their ability?

Sorry, I think TPTB actually changed his powers in the two months because when they wrote the plane scene they realized that Peter would get to be too powerful again just by being around all those people. If that's the case, it completely insults the viewers intelligence because we knew Peter's powers were based on empathy before, now they are not?

That was what made Peter so cool, because his empathy is what made him powerful.

I think I remember from last season Mohinder saying that the formula will give powers based on each person's DNA. So if that is the case it should give Peter his old abilities back, not some wierd new one.

Sorry, I'm very annoyed by this. I'm really hoping that they explain this, like maybe in the two months that past, something happened to Peter to mutate his ability. I don't want to just have his powers suddenly change and have us suspend all disbelief and accept it.

We're not that dumb.

I am as mad as you about Peter's powers. Make no sense. When they do the 2 months ago flashback episode, they better make sense of his powers.
                          Last edited by homebuyer718; 02-03-2009, 11:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Actually, from going back and watching that part where he flew Nathan out of the burning building. It looks like he didn't actually fly until after he touched Nathan, but I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Level5
                              Actually, from going back and watching that part where he flew Nathan out of the burning building. It looks like he didn't actually fly until after he touched Nathan, but I could be wrong.

Your right. I watched it again on NetFlix. Peter runs threw the fire and grabs Nathan and flies off. He most likely absorbed Nathans powers by touching him.

Comment

But I didn't want to be right. Because if I am, then that means Peter's power really has changed.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎