Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Power - Most popular Smallville episode on itunes.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked Identity too, and Bloodline was one of my favorite...Committed (very surprisingly:P), for me, one of the best of all the show))))) but all people have different tastes)))))))))))

Comment

but all people have different tastes)))))))))))
      You're right about that. I love the episodes which is about Lana or Chloe. But I love Committed too. Specially the lie-machine scenes. ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Murad
        You're right about that. I love the episodes which is about Lana or Chloe. But I love Committed too. Specially the lie-machine scenes. ^^
        Yes, and it`s a pity that they can`t make all of the fans happy because of that difference...I hope they find a way))))))

Comment

Cocaine is also liked, doesn't mean its a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Fallen One
            Cocaine is also liked, doesn't mean its a good thing.

Don't ever 'FOOL' me Cedric! Never 'FOOL' me!

I don't even own an Ipod. They're silly little things IMO! I'll stick to my DVR and DVD's, and put more substance in the actual ratings.

Comment

I'd need to check but doesn't ITunes do it's top sellers the same way e-book sites and Amazon et all do them? The top sellers aren't top sellers from the beginning of time, they are weekly results (or in the case of Amazon and some other sites - daily - and in some cases HOURLY). In which case it makes perfect sense that the most recent episodes are top rated. People buy the most recent ones first. I know that's what I do with ITunes. So if there are people coming back after the hiatus and they have missed an episode or have one they particularly want then they buy the most recent ones.

It's kinda the same way that ratings are so difficult to judge without looking at several other factors. What else was on in that time slot. What the total number of viewers in that slot was compared to the week before. What the week befores episode and trailer did to continue a storyline into the new episode to encourage people to tune in...

It's all relative.

Comment

^ Yes, you are right about the results are weekly, I believe.

Comment

Ooooooh. Okay, that all makes a ton more sense then.

Comment

Yeah, thought so. It's a marketing ploy. The theory being if there's a top ten list or a best sellers list then people are more likely to impulse buy. Once they buy one episode then they're shown the others and you get tempted further into the spending money web...

Book and DVD sales have been that way online for years.

Comment

iTunes works weekly this is not the overall of the season, it how people have been bing epsiodes this week. This week Prey hans't been bought that much. Power being a fresh new epsiode, and Bulletproof and Legion also are the top three

Comment

Originally posted by RedKRules
                        Thanks for posting this, actually I have no problem with Lana being on the show ... or getting a nice closure for her character, some people seems to forget that she´s been around for 8 years and that Lana/Clana still have a pretty good fan base ....
                        I have no problem with Lana either. But as you said, I expected a "nice closure" which is absolutely not the case. I was the first to say Lana and KK deserve it. But what we have seen in "power" is not exactly "a nice closure". I still can't understand why KK has accepted it, really ...

----- Added 34 Seconds later -----

Oups, sorry, thanks for the topic
                        Last edited by Tompouce; 02-02-2009, 12:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Clana4Life
                          I can see why they (producers & writers) were remiss to let KK go. Her episodes have brought in a boat load of ratings. Let's see if they plummet after she leaves.
                          I wouldn't be so quick to say it was Lana's return that brought in viewers. It's just as likely that word has gotten around as to how controversial this epi was and people are interested in seeing what the fuss is all about.

Comment

Originally posted by cloisthelegendbegins
                            I'd need to check but doesn't ITunes do it's top sellers the same way e-book sites and Amazon et all do them? The top sellers aren't top sellers from the beginning of time, they are weekly results (or in the case of Amazon and some other sites - daily - and in some cases HOURLY). In which case it makes perfect sense that the most recent episodes are top rated. People buy the most recent ones first. I know that's what I do with ITunes. So if there are people coming back after the hiatus and they have missed an episode or have one they particularly want then they buy the most recent ones.

It's kinda the same way that ratings are so difficult to judge without looking at several other factors. What else was on in that time slot. What the total number of viewers in that slot was compared to the week before. What the week befores episode and trailer did to continue a storyline into the new episode to encourage people to tune in...

It's all relative.
                            Yep and that's why if you look at other shows, the top rated episodes are also the most recent ones as well. I looked at grey's anatomy, desperate housewives, lost, etc. its all the same. The newest episode was rated 1. on the most popular list. Definitely is going by weekly numbers.

----- Added 5 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by friday
                            Your theory doesn't hold up since Odyssey is ranked higher than many episodes that aired after it.

Odyssey is also the season opener, which, if going by weekly standards, makes sense that some people begin with the most recent episodes and others start from the beginning. After Odyssey is Bride, which is also pretty recent. I'm sure the numbers going further down the list are a lot closer to each other, but the top three are usually the most recent for any show. Not a coincidence.
                            Last edited by Mrs. Superman; 02-02-2009, 12:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Tompouce
                              I still can't understand why KK has accepted it, really ...
                              Because she knew her fans would enjoy it? I seriously think Kristin stopped trying to please the whole Smallville fandom a long time ago, because regardless what's done with her character it seems the fandom will always complain about it!

Even before Lana came back, even before spoilers were released, people were having an issue with her returning. So why on earth would she even care to think about anyone outside from the group of fans who've supported her and her character for the past 8 seasons?
                              Last edited by Kreukie; 02-02-2009, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Heck yeah! Clana is very cool. This is proof!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎