Screentime Minutes for Power

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've seen in the last two episodes, minus this one, that Chloe has been going back and forth busting her ass to see Jimmy.
    Where are these scenes of Chloe "busing her ass"? Were they obscured by the glare off Lana's heavenly halo? We saw one scene with Chloe happily going off to see her husband in Legion (first mention), we had a mention of Clark catching her just before she left in Bulletproof, and they we have this episode where Chloe didn't seem to be in a rush to get anywhere, nor did she look stressed, tired, nor did she mention her husband at all.

Where is all this "busting her ass" happening?

Personally, for me, I don't know whats going on with Lois, nor does it matter in this situation. Whether people like it or not, Chloe is married. According to her, she loves Jimmy. Even if you don't believe that, I assume everyone is in agreement that she cares about his well being. To have a whole episode where it doesn't seem to be a blip on her radar just makes her look bad. Her husband is in the hospital because he was trying to stand between her and the big spiney monster.

If Lois was no factor in this at all? I'd say the same. Because its not about Lois. Nor is it about Lois vs Chloe, as much as some people seem obsessed with that concept.

But, OTH, this was an awful episode that was only meant to serve the glory and wonder that is Lana, so I can't really hold it against Chloe. As bad as this made her look, it wasn't even a fraction of the character assasination Clark experianced. Chloe got off easy, IMO.

M, thats a big NO. I'm not acknowledging crap recasting. If someone else wants to do it, they can go for it. This is beyond my line in the sand.

Comment

Oups I forgot to say : thank you, sorry

Comment

Originally posted by cloisthelegendbegins
        I don't know that it would have mattered if it was Lois or another relative. I know if I was married to someone and they were hospitalized in a critical condition on my wedding day I would have packed enough to stay for as long as possible and had relatives/friends bring me anything I needed so I could stay. Relatives/friends stepping in to let me take a break would be one thing, but leaving a relative there while I go backwards and forwards; spending time helping someone else with computer searches and stopping for coffees and little chats wouldn't be high on my agenda. And it's SO out of character for Chloe. Chloe cares more than that. And the fact it reflects badly on her is bad writing IMO.

Now in fairness maybe between the cookies and the scene in Isis in Bulletproof where Clark was glad to have caught her, is in a matter of a few hours. Is she wearing the same clothes? Little odds, but that's one scenario. And there's no time frame given from Bulletproof to Power so to suddenly have her back in Metropolis with no mention of Jimmy is again bad writing. One line. One little mention or explanation and it would have looked better IMO - even without mentioning Lois.
        But that's it, I don't believe Chloe is leaving Lois there to look after Jimmy and I don't believe Lois is staying there just because of Jimmy. It was evident in Bride that Lois was upset because of Lana being back in town, she backed away when she saw Clana together in the hospital and that they're a major factor in her not coming back home as far as I'm concerned.

Would I have preferred a line or two about Jimmy in this episode from Chloe? Of course I would have. Is it idiotical to have her not mention him? Of course it is. But this is Smallville. They've forgotten that Chloe has a father. They forgot that Chloe, Clark and Lana should have been in college. They forget a lot of things and I'm not going to hold it against Chloe. Other people are free to. I'm not.

I only mentioned it because of the argument that Lois should have been in this episode and that Chloe shouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by cloisthelegendbegins
          Now in fairness maybe between the cookies and the scene in Isis in Bulletproof where Clark was glad to have caught her, is in a matter of a few hours. Is she wearing the same clothes? Little odds, but that's one scenario. And there's no time frame given from Bulletproof to Power so to suddenly have her back in Metropolis with no mention of Jimmy is again bad writing. One line. One little mention or explanation and it would have looked better IMO - even without mentioning Lois.
          Actually, there was a timeframe. Clark told Chloe in the first scene after the credits that he and Lana kissed the night before, so unless there was another kiss between the Bulletproof and Power kisses, Power started the day after Bulletproof ended.

The only question mark is how much time passed between Legion and Bulletproof. I doubt it was just a few hours since Chloe was wearing different clothes, and she said she had to get back to the hospital, indicating that she had been in Star City for some time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dustmite
            But that's it, I don't believe Chloe is leaving Lois there to look after Jimmy and I don't believe Lois is staying there just because of Jimmy. It was evident in Bride that Lois was upset because of Lana being back in town, she backed away when she saw Clana together in the hospital and that they're a major factor in her not coming back home as far as I'm concerned.
            I agree with 99.9% of this. I just wish there'd been a line somewhere in Power to explain why Chloe was back. Regardless of Lois' reasons for staying there, this is Chloe and we know Chloe cares. For her to just leave Jimmy in the hands of her cousin and continue coming back to work while Lois, who also has a full time job, takes time off to stay by Jimmy's side? It just seems very OOC for Chloe and I HATE that, y'know? I hate that we even have to have this conversation about her.

Would I have preferred a line or two about Jimmy in this episode from Chloe? Of course I would have. Is it idiotical to have her not mention him? Of course it is. But this is Smallville. They've forgotten that Chloe has a father. They forgot that Chloe, Clark and Lana should have been in college. They forget a lot of things and I'm not going to hold it against Chloe. Other people are free to. I'm not.
            That's so true when it comes to Smallville And I'm not holding it against her, I just wish it hadn't been done. This episode's script was sloppy and careless in a lot of ways.

I only mentioned it because of the argument that Lois should have been in this episode and that Chloe shouldn't.
            Well I'm one of the one's who is very glad Lois isn't here for this arc. I just hate the arc and where it's going...

Comment

Originally posted by unfocused
              Maybe Allison is a Lana/Clana fan?
              hOPE SO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AgentChaos
                Actually, there was a timeframe. Clark told Chloe in the first scene after the credits that he and Lana kissed the night before, so unless there was another kiss between the Bulletproof and Power kisses, Power started the day after Bulletproof ended.

The only question mark is how much time passed between Legion and Bulletproof. I doubt it was just a few hours since Chloe was wearing different clothes, and she said she had to get back to the hospital, indicating that she had been in Star City for some time.
                Which is absolutely crazy is Chloe who changed her mind about Clana in one night...
                A day she said "please, take care of my cousin" and a night after "why don't you try to speak to Lana ?". As I said everybody has lost his mind in "power"

Comment

Lana was on the screne half the time? No wonder the TV was burning my eyes. I'm just kidding.

Comment

Personally I would have liked a mention of Jimmy simply because it makes sense but I wonder if people would have the same problem and to such a degree with Chloe not being with her husband if Lois wasn't in Star City. At this point I refuse to believe that Lois is nursing Jimmy or any such thing. She's keeping away from home because of Lana and Clana.

Thanks for the times.
                    IA Either she's in Star City to look after Jimmy or she left because of Clana. I don't think she's there for both reasons.

Agent Chaos, thanks for your contribution to the screentime minutes.

Comment

I wish AM said something too about her character's apparent lack of caring concerning her husband. KK had a lot of input concerning how her character was portrayed, a 2 second comment would have gone a long way for Chloe. Chloe seems bi-polar these days to me and I always loved her. There is something strange going on with her character and it's not just her marriage to Jimmy or Brianiac or Davis or Doomsday. I just can't put my finger on it!

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLois
                        I wish AM said something too about her character's apparent lack of caring concerning her husband. KK had a lot of input concerning how her character was portrayed, a 2 second comment would have gone a long way for Chloe. Chloe seems bi-polar these days to me and I always loved her. There is something strange going on with her character and it's not just her marriage to Jimmy or Brianiac or Davis or Doomsday. I just can't put my finger on it!
                        I think they might be messing with her character because as in legion they said there is no record of a chloe sullivan. This might be the writers way of making a character less likeable so once she is written off no one will care... I don't like the forshadowing in legion when chloe says something like clark if you have to decide on saving me or the world pick the world i'd understand.... They did something like that when clarks father was still alive and jonathan said clark you should just enjoy the time that you have with someone when there around.... But hopefully i'm wrong cause chloe's the best actor on the show...

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad
                          First time I ever did this with the sound turned off on my computer. It made the episode marginally better.
                          I didn't absolutely hate it. In other words I can think of a few other episodes that pissed me off more but I do feel your pain.

Originally posted by BadToad
                          Clark: 15m, 2s (his season low so far)
                          Lana the Holy: 20m, 15s
                          This wouldn't necessarily bother me. Quality is often more important than quantity. Unfortunately the quality of Clark's time IMO was pretty much at a season low too.

As always thanks for the numbers, BT!

Comment

Unfortunately the quality of Clark's time IMO was pretty much at a season low too.
                            ICAM. I actually don't have a huge beef with Lana having more screentime then Clark. I have a beef with how the time was used. I said the same thing last year with another crap episode, Sleeper. I can accept a Clark-lite episode just fine, but not when its less time, and he gets trashed.

Comment

Thank you for taking the time to get the totals, BadToad.

I'm not surprised about them, really...

Comment

I used to have respect for you doing this, but you're kinda overeacting by turning of the sounds while doing this...

Other than that, you did a good job...

This episode was well written, directed and acted. there was NOTHING wrong with it.
                                (One of) The best this season so far!

In order of best to worst:

1. Legion
                                2. Power
                                3. Bride
                                4. Requiem
                                5. Bloodline
                                6. Identity
                                7. Instinct
                                8. Odyssey
                                9. Toxic
                                10. Abyss
                                11. Committed
                                12. Bulletproof
                                13. Prey
                                14. Plastique

To say it again: Power is NOT a bad episode! You guys just don't like Lana! but that has NOTHING to do with the quality of the episode!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎