Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sue Denim
    I thought this was the same place Chloe and Davis spoke at at the end of "Prey"(?) Sorry, I know this isn't your point, but I could have sworn the set was used before.
    I thought so too because the name of the shop was "Coffe Shop" just like the in Prey.

Comment

But... no... all of that would detract from the beauty of Lana. Apparently, they expect us to become to the brainless mush that THEY become when Lana is onscreen, so we got none of this stuff.
      Well, I think thats really it.

Clark doesn't matter, Chloe doesn't matter, Lois doesn't matter, oxygen doesn't matter, and so on. I can definitely see AM so into the directing side of things that she wasn't thinking as much as being "Chloe's portrayer", ya know? So, I don't hold her responsible at all. The fact that the writers sucked so hard that they forgot is where the blame should lie, IMO.

And yeah, I'm sure that coffee shop in the one in Prey, located on the one street that exists in SV's version of Metropolis.

Comment

The thing is, it's the directors job to spot the mistakes and fix them. The writers are definitely to blame for not writing about Chimmy, but Allison ultimately had the choice to fix their mistake, but she didn't. Fault of omission, I guess. She had the opportunity to make her character look less of a terrible person. Just because she might have been "so into directing" that she forget to pay attention to her characters flaws, doesn't make her less at fault, just an inexperienced director.

Comment

Kinda like no-one noticing the implications of the DP rooftop shot at the end really...

Comment

Lana getting more screentime than Clark. Clark getting his lowest numbers of the season (back to season 7 minutes). Exactly why this episode blows.

Comment

wow lana get 20 min when was the last time lana get the most time
              thank bad toad

Comment

Given that they stopped acknowledging the existence of Chloe's father for the last four years I'm not surprised that they didn't spend time mentioning Jimmy and why Chloe was in Metropolis during this episode. The writing for this show is lazy .
                Last edited by Storm45; 02-02-2009, 10:36 AM.

Comment

when was the last time lana get the most time
                  S6, when she did it 3 times. Trespass, Promise, Static.

Comment

okay... this is the most interesting part of this episode...
                    thanks BadToad
                    but WTH... lana got 20 minutes ??

Comment

Originally posted by Sue Denim
                      I thought this was the same place Chloe and Davis spoke at at the end of "Prey"(?) Sorry, I know this isn't your point, but I could have sworn the set was used before.
                      Sorry, I guess they did..... (I'm not going to lie... not a huge fan of Chlavis and so I don't pay much attention to the details in those scenes).

That wasn't really my point, but - in that case - I would think that Mack would just have to become 'creative' with directing a scene that has "Star City" feel to it. Ya know? Keep the same set and re-name the sign to something that say "Coffee Bucks" or something. After all, "Committed" had the line of "nibs and Quills" and so they created a store with that sign. The script-writer threw in the line and it was up to Glen Winter to execute it.

In this case, it's not Mack's fault. They gave her a lousy script to work with. If they'd told her that it was Star City, then Mack would have figured out a way to MAKE it Star City.

I mean... Clark has SUPER-SPEED. He should be able to speed over to Star City to ask her that stuff. Why should Chloe's character be sacrificed when there's no need to? That was my point.

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by BadToad
                      S6, when she did it 3 times. Trespass, Promise, Static.
                      Wow, I'm sensing a pattern...
                      Last edited by eas; 02-01-2009, 09:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by eas
                        They gave her a lousy script to work with. If they'd told her that it was Star City, then Mack would have figured out a way to MAKE it Star City.

I mean... Clark has SUPER-SPEED. He should be able to speed over to Star City to ask her that stuff. Why should Chloe's character be sacrificed when there's no need to? That was my point.
                        I'd be more fussed over this if I actually thought SV cared about the geography of the Central Plains. They make so many mistakes, and they are consistantly inconsistant about distances that should always be fixed. SV to Metropolis is 3 hours right? Or is it 1 1/2? Or what? I dunno. Show keeps changing its mind.

I'm not even sure where Star City is suppose to be in relation to Metropolis or Smallville. I can't imagine it's a great distance, as Jimmy was probably choppered into Star City. I keep hearing that Star City is some place in California, and from Kansas to California doesn't fly with me. It's too far for me to believe, and especially for a helicopter. Clark can get there instantly, but no one else.

Yeah, I agree, this script was a mess. I'm sure Allison had bigger fish to fry, especially, [SPOILER]since Chimmy isn't long for this world anyway.[/SPOILER] Sometimes you have to pick your battles. I can't imagine where this script started if this was the end product.

Comment

He should be able to speed over to Star City to ask her that stuff. Why should Chloe's character be sacrificed when there's no need to? That was my point.

Her character isn't being sacrificed. In Legion, she baked cookies and went to see Jimmy. In Bulletproof, Clark said he was glad to catch her before she left (for Star City) as she was packing a bag. Chloe told Clark she wanted to get back before Jimmy wakes up.

So, she's obviously traveling back and forth between Star City and SV probably to pick up things she needs while away. Stopping by to briefly see Clark during one of her return trips to SV does not make her a neglectful wife. The writers have given plenty of hints that she is with Jimmy on a routine basis.

Thanks for the screentime minutes.
                          Last edited by Kalista; 02-01-2009, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalista
                            Her character isn't being sacrificed. In Legion, she baked cookies and went to see Jimmy. In Bulletproof, Clark said he was glad to catch her before she left (for Star City) as she was packing a bag. Chloe told Clark she wanted to get back before Jimmy wakes up.

So, she's obviously traveling back and forth between Star City and SV probably to pick up things she needs while away. Stopping by to briefly see Clark during one of her return trips to SV does not make her a neglectful wife. The writers have given plenty of hints that she is with Jimmy on a routine basis.

Thanks for the screentime minutes.
                            Thanks Kalista, that's a great point.

The reason they won't shoot anything in Star City is because it means at least one new set, which is more money, for a character that they obviously don't care that much for.

To all those who wished Lois was there instead of Chloe, I imagine the story would go something like Clark pining, still in love with Lana and Lois being ignored. As a Lois fan I'm glad she's not in these eps- besides she's been mentioned about as much as Jimmy, so it's obvious how much they care for her character.

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad
                              Now, I need to go delete this from my hard drive, and run a Virus Scan to make sure it didn't leave behind any icky residue.
                              Make sure it's one of the good ones

Seriously, though, thanks for doing this. It had to have been painful for you.

Average screentime per ep:

Season 8:

Clark- 20m, 21s
                              Chloe- 12m, 31s
                              Lois- 13m, 6s
                              Jimmy- 9m, 39s
                              Tess- 8m, 16s
                              Davis- 7m, 32s
                              Oliver- 10m, 10s

Season 7:

Clark- 16m, 31s
                              Lex- 7m, 46s