View Poll Results: Are you going to miss Lana?

Voters
294. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    68 23.13%
  • No

    226 76.87%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 91 to 103 of 103
  1. #91
    Forum Whiz
    Join Date
    Mar 09
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    824
    uggh NO!! I hate Lana now! I used to like her before all the drama and everything. She was great in the first couple of seasons. Not anymore though!

  2. #92
    New In Town dianalela7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 06
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16
    Of course I miss Lana. I still dont think a series called Smallville makes any sense without her or Martha.

  3. #93
    Site Groupie Theshadow129x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    3,918
    Seriously, Smallville is the story of Clark and Lex in the Small and Lana Lang being the girl next door that gets left behind in the middle of all of it. She wasnt supposed to be a big part of the show like she has.

    Her character didnt have anything going for it after season 3, the Isobelle arc was proof of that.

    as far as it being on without Lana and Martha, thats proof that the show has been stalled and pushed on longer than it needed to be. Clark should be beyond training by now. His training came up in season 5 and we're now on season 9 and hes just not getting to it

    As far as Lana goes...when she came back in season 8 the show went back down hill and it was proof that her character no longer fit the formula for the show anymore. If Smallville needed to go more adult it needed to shed the childhood crush that was Lana Lang and she will not be missed by me on any occasion.

  4. #94
    FanFicSeries Writer Clana Kent's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 08
    Location
    Gouda, Holland
    Posts
    2,628
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreukie View Post
    That's interesting, I know there's a comic scan on SWEET where it shows future Clark with future Lana way into the future... Wait found it:

    That's awesome! Wow, suddenly I'm really really happy
    The moment Lois dies (when she's 90 or 100 or something), Clark can go back to Lana, since she will still be alive All they have to do is find a cure to heal the Kryptonite-effect on Lana. Though, I read in someone's post a while back, that the Kryptonite-effect might wear off after a few years

    After all, their love on Smallville has always been true love, imo!

    Seeing this thread just made my day

    To the question of this thread: I miss her every single episode.
    Last edited by Clana Kent; 10-22-2009 at 03:44 AM.

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 09
    Location
    England
    Posts
    199
    I'm a little sad, although Lana did overstay her welcome.
    Saying things like 'good riddance to bad rubbish' is just plain disrespectful to everything that KK has done for the show.
    2 of the big 3 are now gone, and the ratings show it.

  6. #96
    FanFicSeries Writer Clana Kent's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 08
    Location
    Gouda, Holland
    Posts
    2,628
    Quote Originally Posted by 4815162342LOST View Post
    I'm a little sad, although Lana did overstay her welcome.
    Saying things like 'good riddance to bad rubbish' is just plain disrespectful to everything that KK has done for the show.
    2 of the big 3 are now gone, and the ratings show it.
    Sooo true.

    The season that Lois and Clark started, ratings went down even further.
    This season proves (to me at least) that people don't want Clois on Smallville (ratings suck). The show is still a very good show, but it's not Smallville anymore. It doesn't deserves that status. Smallville used to be a brilliant show about Clark, with his love Lana, his friend Chloe, his parents and his 'enemy/friend' Lex.
    Only two of the original eight cast members have made it into S9. I can understand the loss of ratings, since anyone who watched the first couple of seasons must be thinking: Who the hell are all these people?

    Smallville was great when it used to be Smallville.

  7. #97
    Hopeless Forum Addict Mickey_Bickey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    5,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Clana Kent View Post
    Sooo true.

    The season that Lois and Clark started, ratings went down even further.
    This season proves (to me at least) that people don't want Clois on Smallville (ratings suck). The show is still a very good show, but it's not Smallville anymore. It doesn't deserves that status. Smallville used to be a brilliant show about Clark, with his love Lana, his friend Chloe, his parents and his 'enemy/friend' Lex.
    Only two of the original eight cast members have made it into S9. I can understand the loss of ratings, since anyone who watched the first couple of seasons must be thinking: Who the hell are all these people?

    Smallville was great when it used to be Smallville.
    Sven, the ratings are down because it was moved to Fridays, not because it's focussing on Clark and his relationship with Lois. Let's not kid ourselves here, and the ratings actually went down after Power aired. A lot of people shook their heads and walked away, and it didn't help that DD took a nose dive in it's story as well. Call it the one two punch if you will!

    It's actually doing very in the DVR numbers which shows me that if it were airing on it's Thursday time slot still we would be seeing a bump in the ratings from last season. 2.62 milliion on a Friday night? Even Ugly Betty which was a top show has lost a ton of viewers for the same reason. No one watches TV on Fridays here in the US. People have plans or get togethers.

    As for the "Big 3", the only one that's needed is the Big One, Clark Kent. It's still Smallville, but the characters have grown up and IMO it's better now. It's not KK's fault that her character was written so poorly, but I do blame her a little for this arc, because I know she had say in it. That was disappointing to say the least, but it is what it is.

    For the record, I don't miss Lana in the least.

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 09
    Location
    England
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey_Bickey View Post
    Sven, the ratings are down because it was moved to Fridays, not because it's focussing on Clark and his relationship with Lois. Let's not kid ourselves here, and the ratings actually went down after Power aired. A lot of people shook their heads and walked away, and it didn't help that DD took a nose dive in it's story as well. Call it the one two punch if you will!

    Huh, The Lana Arc didn't see a significant drop in viewers 4.29, 3.85, 4.21, 3.93 even after a LONG christmas break.
    Infamous on the other hand dropped to 3.56 , some will say it's because Lana left, and others will say its because Lana was in the last episode. But this whole idea that Lois=high ratings and Lana= low ratings is ridiculous.
    If this was the case then why did Stiletto (a very poor Lois Centric episode with almost no progression whatsoever) get an awful 3.1m? So stop going on about it.
    If Smallville was on Thursdays again, i reckon the ratings would hover just over 3m., The quality of the show has gone down since seasons 1-6, i still like the show, but it's not as important to me as it once was.
    Finally i understand people being happy that Lana is out of the picture (especially Clois fans), but there is no need to act like she's worthless and hasn't contributed anything to the show. There is a reason why the people who like Lana don't come on this board anymore.

    Sorry to the MODS this is way off topic.

  9. #99
    Hopeless Forum Addict Mickey_Bickey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    5,911
    Quote Originally Posted by 4815162342LOST View Post
    Huh, The Lana Arc didn't see a significant drop in viewers 4.29, 3.85, 4.21, 3.93 even after a LONG christmas break.
    Infamous on the other hand dropped to 3.56 , some will say it's because Lana left, and others will say its because Lana was in the last episode. But this whole idea that Lois=high ratings and Lana= low ratings is ridiculous.
    If this was the case then why did Stiletto (a very poor Lois Centric episode with almost no progression whatsoever) get an awful 3.1m? So stop going on about it.
    If Smallville was on Thursdays again, i reckon the ratings would hover just over 3m., The quality of the show has gone down since seasons 1-6, i still like the show, but it's not as important to me as it once was.
    Finally i understand people being happy that Lana is out of the picture (especially Clois fans), but there is no need to act like she's worthless and hasn't contributed anything to the show. There is a reason why the people who like Lana don't come on this board anymore.

    Sorry to the MODS this is way off topic.
    My statement remains the same. Again, I'm not sad she's gone as her character only made Clark's look bad and took the focus off of him, and unfortunately the worst of it was this episode and Requiem.

  10. #100
    Hopeless Forum Addict Night_Hawk90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    Canuckistan
    Posts
    5,284
    i dont think she made clark look bad clark did that on his own sometimes people use the lana character as an excuse for clark's regression which i really dont agree with. Her character definitely was the cause of unnecessary drama and love triangles that made this show dawson's creek with powers at certain stages. will i miss her yeah i will but there moving in a different directon.

  11. #101
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    With my girls Alicia, Lois, and Vala!
    Posts
    459
    Quote Originally Posted by 4815162342LOST View Post
    There is a reason why the people who like Lana don't come on this board anymore.

    That's what the CW Lounge is for! HA!

    ----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

    Quote Originally Posted by Theshadow129x View Post
    Her character didnt have anything going for it after season 3, the Isobelle arc was proof of that.
    Very good point! I've always said that Lana started to get annoying during season 4. Lana contributed in the first 3 seasons but after that there really was no need for her character. Why do you think they rehashed Clana so many times and put her in the main storylines were she looked rather out of place? I tell you it was like they were desperate to do something with her character just because Kristin Kreuk had a huge contract!
    Last edited by BigT; 01-31-2010 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  12. #102
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    With my girls Alicia, Lois, and Vala!
    Posts
    459
    Quote Originally Posted by 4815162342LOST View Post
    there is no need to act like she's worthless and hasn't contributed anything to the show.
    Yeah and there is no need to act like Lana is a goddess of all sorts and has contributed more than anyone else on the show. You may not see it but there are many Lana/Clana fans that highly overrated her. They act like she was the best thing that ever happened on this show and trust me MANY ppl will dispute that! What happened in season 8 was an absolute travasty to many ppl because Clark was once again taking 10 steps back when it came to Lana. Another reason why ppl don't like Lana is because Clark preaches all these morals to his friends and fellow heroes but when there is a situation that involves Lana then he's a total hypocrite about it. It's like Chloe can't kill Lex for what he did to her mother but it's perfectly okay for Clark to kill Lex because he thought he killed Lana. Oliver can't kill Lex for him being a threat to society but it's perfectly okay for Clark to kill Lex because him and Lana can't be together anymore. Do you see where I'm going with this?

    About Requiem seeing how it was Kristin Kreuk's final episode you would think that ratings would score higher than Power, right? So there's something to think about. I'm sure there were many ppl that were turned off by this show after Power and even more after Requiem because after those 2 episodes there were a good amount of fans that couldn't take this show seriously anymore. In fact I'm surprised that those episodes DIDN'T cancel this show because I honestly thought that after Requiem it would never recover.

    You say ratings started to go down when Lana left. Many will say by the time she left the damage was already done. Now that's not necessarily Kristin Kreuk's fault but the way the writers and the directors poorly handled the situlation. We knew that KK was leaving so why even put Clark and Lana back together in the first place? My guess is that they thought it would help boost up ratings and they failed in the process. It just shows that most of the ppl that watch this show don't care to see Clana drama anymore because we're so over it! Yes the second half of season 8 was crap but many will say that the Lana arc is where it all started. In all honesty Lana could have had a better send-off and Clark and Lana's relationship could have ended on a much better note.
    Last edited by BigT; 02-03-2010 at 04:12 PM.

  13. #103
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Posts
    10,558
    Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    About Requiem seeing how it was Kristin Kreuk's final episode you would think that ratings would score higher than Power, right? So there's something to think about. I'm sure there were many ppl that were turned off by this show after Power and even more after Requiem because after those 2 episodes there were a good amount of fans that couldn't take this show seriously anymore. In fact I'm surprised that those episodes DIDN'T cancel this show because I honestly thought that after Requiem it would never recover.
    As much as I would like to blame Lana with Requiem going under 4M, I think more has to be said for going up against Bones. Legion and Power didn't go up against Bones and got 4M+, Bulletproof and Requiem did go against Bones and score under 4M.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •