Special Effects in "Power"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought the effects in this episode were pretty great. The part where Lana breaks out and you see both Clark and Lana moving in "Clark Time" was awesome. I want to see that part again.

Comment

Originally posted by SparkleforSmallville
      But, for that 10 min., he was Awesomely Beautiful!
      Yeah ! So I can add it to : magic, stellar, divine and shining. Thanks

Comment

We got some more x-ray vision.

The last shot looked cool too.

Comment

I liked Lana's invisible power suit. It really looks invisible!

They should run with this idea. Think of all the money they'll save! Lex's invisible mansion. Oliver's invisible corporate jet. Shelby the invisible dog!

Comment

Originally posted by Channelsurfer531
            I think all of Kristin Kreuk's training for the Street Fighter movie coming out soon helped add some believability to her preparation for taking on that Super Suit. I loved the "Phoenix rising from the ashes" color and efx they used on her in that scene...
            Ditto.

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by ClarkyBoy14
            We got some more x-ray vision.

The last shot looked cool too.
            I don't think the suit includes X-Ray vision or super hearing. Just what you see, strength and speed. That's enough really for what Lana wants to do I think.
            Last edited by Radioflyer; 01-31-2009, 09:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

An epi without the hero of the story is a special effect. Sorry, I have to tell it twice because this is the thing I hate the most with "power"

Comment

Originally posted by Radioflyer
                I don't think the suit includes X-Ray vision or super hearing. Just what you see, strength and speed. That's enough really for what Lana wants to do I think.
                That's what I think too (but add invulnerability to it as well).

Clark was the one who used the x-ray vision. Twice, actually, but we just got the sound FX the second time.

----- Added 34 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by actaeon
                I liked Lana's invisible power suit. It really looks invisible!

They should run with this idea. Think of all the money they'll save! Lex's invisible mansion. Oliver's invisible corporate jet. Shelby the invisible dog!
                Isn't it supposed to be in her skin?
                Last edited by ClarkyBoy14; 01-31-2009, 11:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

The Phoenix/Fire Wings effect was a blatant ripoff of Matrix/Linda Danvers in the comics. I hated it as much as the idea of "Quick Cup" superpowered Lana.

Comment

i like the special effects

Comment

Hey Super Oli, sorry to burst your bubble but the "Phoenix/Fire wings" just sort of happened when the typical clarktime contrails were applied to Lana's action, with a different colour they just looked really cool. But you are entitled to hate it anyways.

Sometimes sources will be used for reference and sometimes it is coincidence when things end up looking like something else. A few episodes back someone commented on something being a blatant ripoff of some anime or manga thing, we all just looked at our selves and said "Huh?, have you ever even heard of that?"

Anyways, We do read the comments every Friday morning and we love the feedback, we in the VFX industry end up being sort of anonymously famous so it's nice to see people appreciate our work. Oh and also, regarding previous discussions about Doomsday being rubber suit or not, at this point, there is no CG version of him.

Comment

Originally posted by AnonymousVFXGuy
                        Hey Super Oli, sorry to burst your bubble but the "Phoenix/Fire wings" just sort of happened when the typical clarktime contrails were applied to Lana's action, with a different colour they just looked really cool. But you are entitled to hate it anyways.

Sometimes sources will be used for reference and sometimes it is coincidence when things end up looking like something else. A few episodes back someone commented on something being a blatant ripoff of some anime or manga thing, we all just looked at our selves and said "Huh?, have you ever even heard of that?"

Anyways, We do read the comments every Friday morning and we love the feedback, we in the VFX industry end up being sort of anonymously famous so it's nice to see people appreciate our work. Oh and also, regarding previous discussions about Doomsday being rubber suit or not, at this point, there is no CG version of him.
                        It's so cool that you guys read our comments! I love the VFX and you are doing an awesome job! We heard you may be working with a stripped down budget this season, but the cool V/S FX haven't suffered! Thank You for making Smallville a quality show!
                        Last edited by SparkleforSmallville; 02-05-2009, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎