This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Effects in "Power"

Discuss the episode's special effects!

The oragne light behind Lana when she jumps through that glass was pretty cool..

Comment

Ya the effects were great in this episode. The superspeed when the gun was being fired and then Lana catching the bullet was awesome.

Comment

yea i thought the sfx shots we saw were pretty decent in the episode.

Comment

I haven't watched it yet but it'll be good to finally see some visual effects again...for the last couple of episodes there hasn't been much sfx and if there was any used, it wasn't that strong.

Comment

I liked the effects, although i didnt like how even though clark stopped moving he had that red-blue blurr behind him, and how much faster lana was than him. Also at the end, when she said "meet me on the roof", how did she know he was gonign to hear it?

Comment

Scene in slow motion: Clark superspeeds into the Lab, his hair blowing. Lana leaps out of the chamber, with trails of color like a Phoenix(Fire-Bird), to deflect the bullet. That was was some really cool SFX.

I think the red-blue blurr behind Clark, was to show that he had supersped in, even though we were seeing the scene in "Clark Time"/slow motion.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJ77
                I liked the effects, although i didnt like how even though clark stopped moving he had that red-blue blurr behind him, and how much faster lana was than him. Also at the end, when she said "meet me on the roof", how did she know he was gonign to hear it?
                Lana went through some serious physical training before getting the super suit. Clark without his powers had better hope Lana never gets really mad at him without her powers.

Comment

I loved the new DP CGI shot too.

Comment

Was that the last shot? I loved how they panned out, it looked very Comic-bookish

Comment

Originally posted by Radioflyer
                      Lana went through some serious physical training before getting the super suit. Clark without his powers had better hope Lana never gets really mad at him without her powers.
                      I think all of Kristin Kreuk's training for the Street Fighter movie coming out soon helped add some believability to her preparation for taking on that Super Suit. I loved the "Phoenix rising from the ashes" color and efx they used on her in that scene...

Comment

Originally posted by SparkleforSmallville
                        Was that the last shot? I loved how they panned out, it looked very Comic-bookish
                        Yeah, that looked pretty good!

Comment

The last shot of the episode was amazing, great placing of the camera.

Comment

Originally posted by SparkleforSmallville
                            Yes, exactly. It was really beautiful
                            The other special effect with "power" is for once, I didn't find an adjective to add to tell how I find Clark amazing because he was on the show for 10 minutes so it was like there was no Clark...Just kidding

Comment

Originally posted by Tompouce
                              Yes, exactly. It was really beautiful
                              The other special effect with "power" is for once, I didn't find an adjective to add to tell how I find Clark amazing because he was on the show for 10 minutes so it was like there was no Clark...Just kidding
                              But, for that 10 min., he was Awesomely Beautiful!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎