X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TOMophilus
    Thanks for the reminder! The place has indeed become quite aggressive lately.

But if you try to cut down on bashing, may I suggest including the BDA? I donīt see a difference between calling Clark a BDA and calling Lana Lana-Fu or Chloe Chloogle. Worse, in Clarkīs case the bashing is sanctioned by Kryptonsite itself, for in the character forum it says: "Clark Kent. The Big Dumb Alien and future Superman. Talk about the character of Clark Kent here!" It would set a good example to remove this. Bashing protection should not just apply to the girls but to every character. Thanks!
    Good point. Thanks for bringing this up. This particular name calling is offensive to this Clark fan.

Comment

We can't use BDA anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by Sv.LoisLane
        Thank you, Craig.

I definitely agree with this and with the original post. And, personally, I'd really appreciate if people would stop making fun not only of Lana in this case, but also of the "other" ships.
        Thank heavens someone else has brought this up as well.
        It seems that with Lana returning, its most notable that people are bashing Lana and going mad over the whole Clana.
        But we've been Lana free for 10 episodes, yet people are still bashing other characters and ships. I just let it go over my head, but if Lana being bashed is going to be addressed, then so does Lois being bashed and Chloe.

----- Added 51 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by Vindellavon
        We can't use BDA anymore?
        Nooooo that hasn't been said.
        Someone posted earlier (I apologise that i can't remember who), that they found the term BDA offensive and Craig was explaining what the term came across as to him
        Last edited by Jaderoyale; 01-25-2009, 08:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Jaderoyale
          Nooooo that hasn't been said.
          Someone posted earlier (I apologise that i can't remember who), that they found the term BDA offensive and Craig was explaining what the term came across as to him
          Whew. Thanks luv, I don't know what I would've done if I found out BDA no longer made it's rounds. And yes, I understand the rest bashing, and 'tis does seem to be a good time to stop it.
          Last edited by Vindellavon; 01-25-2009, 09:06 AM.

Comment

I think there's a difference between expressing your dislike for a charcater and a ship and saying so and so sucks. Not everyone is going to like the same characters and there's bound to be discussion which is the point of a message board. As long as everyone follows the rules there's shouldn't be a problem. Reporting posts is the way to bring something to the mods attention.

I personally feel the Clana bashing was way over the top and I've seen nothing like it to compare to the other ships. If I was feeling uncomfortable reading it, I can only imagine what fans of Lana felt like. It can't be pleasant to be faced with a barrage of posts and icons that are quite offensive especially when you're in the minority.

Comment

Originally posted by Vindellavon
              Whew. Thanks luv, I don't know what I would've done if I found out BDAno longer made it's rounds. And yes, I understand the rest bashing, and 'tis does seem to be a good time to stop it.
              Please tell me why BDA (Big Dumb Alien) is not bashing the Clark Kent character.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                Hey guys does every show on TV create so many groups of passionate shipers?

That's a good question. I have wondered if it is because of the TV show or the general Superman legend that has been goings since before most of us were born (including me ). I also wonder if people are this passionate about other superhero legends. For example does anyone "ship" Spiderman and MJ? I'm trying to be lighthearted but make a point at the same time. For me this is an interesting psychological phenomona. I think it speaks to the impact the Superman Legend has had on our society. Human nature is fascinating. Now you have me curious. Are there any psycholoogist among us, that may have an opinion? And would that be a permissible topic strictly what about Supe evokes such powerful passions. I tried to explore this question with a poll about why you ship who you ship. As far as I have seen, the answers have been civilized and it is interesting to here they why behind someone's opinion. Way more than intended to say.
                Last edited by llk6165; 01-25-2009, 09:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by KryptonSite
                  Clearly I don't want Tom/Clark fans to feel aggravated here, and they've got my PM address if they feel strongly about it... I just assure you that at least from my end, I think Big Dumb Alien is rather endearing, but, your mileage may vary. Ultimately, I want everyone to be happy here... though I know it's an often difficult task. Hopefully I was able to at least explain the BDA character description thing here.
                  I understand your point. But fact is that in the majority of posts BDA has come to be used to bash Clark, not to express some cute or endearing feature of his alien origin.

I am all for a new anti-bashing policy, but such a policy should be consistent. Thatīs all I ask for.

Comment

Thanks Craig, It would be nice if you could add BDA to that list as well. I don't like it when posters constantly call Clark that. Chloogle seems harmless compared to this phrase.
                    Last edited by wolverine316; 01-25-2009, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowBird
                      Please tell me why BDA (Big Dumb Alien) is not bashing the Clark Kent character.
                      Isn't he big? Isn't he dumb some times? Isn't he an alien?

Like Craig said, I also never saw BDA as insulting to Clark, especially since it's been used since season 2 and people understood its meaning. I don't see any difference between "Clark is so dumb" or "Clark is so BDA", both are simply calling him dumb, that's all.

Comment

Well Done Craig...it was getting a bit out of hand from all parties.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowBird
                          Nope. Just stating the fact that sometimes he just can't seem to get what's right in front of him.

Comment

Originally posted by TOMophilus
                            I understand your point. But fact is that in the majority of posts BDA has come to be used to bash Clark, not to express some cute or endearing feature of his alien origin.

I am all for a new anti-bashing policy, but such a policy should be consistent. Thatīs all I ask for.
                            But when it's used to bash, you should report it. Now, if is to critizice something that Clark did, it's nothing insulting, IMO.

Comment

We all have different sensitivity thresholds. For me, I am ok with name for the characters, because that has nothing to do with the actors. Professional actors understand that. They are not their characters. For them it is a job. However, I am not offended about stuss said when it comes to fictional characters, but that is just me. If others find it truly hurtful, then should we have a rule prohibiting use of nicknames for the characters? Just a suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine316
                                Chloogle seems harmless compared to this phrase.
                                Chloogle has a different story behind it, since it was created especifically to bash Chloe's character. The same with Nois.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎