This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the reminder Craig - it seems over the course of the last few years some people have forgotten what the show is about and what this is forum is for.

But just a question; is there any way you can post this reminder in a more public place? While a lot of the most recent incidents have located in the Bulletproof thread, a greater majority of the bashing towards a certain character/ship exists elsewhere and posters who don't come here wont see your message.

Thanks a lot

Comment

Its obviously just what happens usually; people having a little bit of fun that has gotten COMPLETELY out of hand.
      I'm happy to say i haven't been a part of it.

And you're right Craig, you don't allow other terms that are offsensive, so this "Lana-Fu-Fang," really needs to stop.

Comment

Thank you. I agree with you Becc. Its always the same individuals that bash a certain character. Its probably geared towards the actor. Cannot say that they hate the character and not the actor because its the actor that portrays the character. So these individuals who are are always bashing a certain character probably hates the actor.
        Yes I wish they would understand how to analyze and critique a show and not bash a character.
        As for Lana Fu minus the Fang nickname, I disagree about it being offensive. I am not sure where the Fang came from. I think its a positive nickname for Lana because she knows how to use martial arts. I love it when she kicks Arse! I dont think its used in a derogatory way. Maybe to some but not to me. But calling Kung Fu and Lana being a ninja is ignorant because Kung Fu is a Chinese martial art not Japanese and Ninjas are Japanese forms of Martial Arts! and thats what she was using Kung Fu. Cant tell the difference between the 2 cultures is a form of ignorance wouldnt you say?
        Last edited by kentfamily; 01-25-2009, 04:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kentfamily
          Thank you. Its always the same individuals that bash a certain character. Its probably geared towards the actor. Cannot say that they hate the character and not the actor because its the actor that portrays the character. So these individuals who are are always bashing a certain character probably hates the actor.
          Yes I wish they would understand how to analyze and critique a show and not bash a character.
          I'm just going to disagree with you in this case and say; this time, its general hatred towards the character. Noone i've come across while this has been happening has been bashing the actor, purely the character.

Comment

Originally posted by kaam
            I am not the biggest fan of Lana and I kinda felt bad for her! Thanks for keeping everyone in line, Craig!

I feel the same way, Kaam! I'm not the biggest fan of Lana as much as i'm not a biggest fan of bashing. Lois Lane's hard-core fans such as myself know pretty well how does that feel like, not good at all. I was starting to feel sorry for Lana! I don't read a lot of interviews about KK, but i heard somewhere that this vampire episode is something that even she enjoyed the least in all SV.
            Last edited by Alania; 01-25-2009, 05:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Thanks. You are right it is embarassing for a general fansite. I hope those people learned their lesson.

Comment

Thanks for the reminder! The place has indeed become quite aggressive lately.

But if you try to cut down on bashing, may I suggest including the BDA? I don´t see a difference between calling Clark a BDA and calling Lana Lana-Fu or Chloe Chloogle. Worse, in Clark´s case the bashing is sanctioned by Kryptonsite itself, for in the character forum it says: "Clark Kent. The Big Dumb Alien and future Superman. Talk about the character of Clark Kent here!" It would set a good example to remove this. Bashing protection should not just apply to the girls but to every character. Thanks!

Comment

Jaderoyale---

How does one critize/hate the character without the actor being involved? I just dont understand that logic?
                  Isnt the actor portraying the character through their own interpretation? So doesnt the actor's feeling is in it to be able to act that part? A little bit of their persona in it? A little? I guess thats why its called acting.

I do not like the Lois character in this show but I would not go and bash it by hoping it death or something, like the Clana haters do..But anyways, bashing is getting old in the website and everytime I read a thread it is sooo depressing due to all the bashing.
                  Last edited by kentfamily; 01-25-2009, 04:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Imzadia
                    Thanks, Craig! ITA ...for the sake of the 'Fun' we're supposed to be having and sharing here; and for the sake of PEACE and RESPECT, IMO.
                    Exactly, thanks Craig

Comment

Just so you know, i am not arguing with you here, i'm simply stating my opinion

Jaderoyale---

How does one critize/hate the character without the actor being involved? I just dont understand that logic?
                      I'm speaking for myself here.
                      At times in the past when i've said i don't like Lana i specifically mean LANA. Not KK as an actress, i admire KK as an actress and a role model to young women worldwide.
                      When i say i dislike Lana, i always say why i do, and in a way its to do with the way the character has been written in past seasons by ALMiles; the whole making her the object of Clark and Lex's affections, choosing the life with Lex etc etc; i know many agree with me in the fact the character of Lana was really written badly. Though i admire KK for sticking with what she was given and acting it to the best of her ability; in a way it prooves what an amazing person she is, that he character is so severely disliked, yet she still plays the part.

Lana is meant to be Clark's confidant during the later parts of his life, and this should have been addressed much earlier on, it seems like ALMiles were more concerned with the romance between the two that they didn't realise how hard it was going to be to mke them have closure and have Lana become who she is ultimately meant to be in the comics.

Isnt the actor portraying the character through their own interpretation? So doesnt the actor's feeling is in it to be able to act that part? A little bit of their persona in it? A little? I guess thats why its called acting.
                      Not in the past seasons. I see more of KK coming through during the episodes she's been in this season so far, which i must say though i dislike Lana as character, she is a lot better than she has been for past seasons. I think PS3 are giving her the chance to try and rectify her character before she leaves, which is what the character needs.

I do not like the Lois character in this show but I would not go and bash it by hoping it death or something, like the Clana haters do..But anyways, bashing is getting old in the website and everytime I read a thread it is sooo depressing due to all the bashing.
                      I admit that i do not like Clana as a ship, but that is NOTHING to do with the fact that u favour Clois, like some people seem to assume. I used to like Clana during the earlier seasons. Its simply due to all the angst and heartbreak we were put through with their relationship and just when you think they'll all good and over, that closure is finally coming, we're hit with it again. Lana was meant to be Clarks high school love, high school ended 4 years ago, as should have Clana in all technicality.

Comment

How does one critize/hate the character without the actor being involved?
                        Easily, when the actor himself critize the character.

Comment

Hello Everyone

I just want to say that in no shape or form was the "Lana-Fu-Fang" posts meant to be malicious or degrading in any way to the actress KK. I have never posted anything intentionally malicious about any actor or actress. It was truly not meant to be mean spirited. It was based on an episode from S5 that even the producers said was laughable. They had a special commentary at the end of the S5 DVD set to emphasize that.

It was only intended to add humor and have a bit of fun. Charlie Chapman once said "A day without laughter was a day wasted", and that's how I live my life.

I apologize to anyone here who I offended. As for the ship bashing and fan baiting, I am glad to see this addressed.

As I said to Craig in a PM I sent him last night, I will do my part to be more considerate in this general forum. Thank you, and let's all enjoy the rest of the season.
                          Last edited by Mickey_Bickey; 01-25-2009, 06:05 PM.

Comment

post deleted
                            Last edited by KSiteTV; 01-25-2009, 06:28 AM. Reason: Please do not talk about other fans, even if they're not here at the site.

Comment

Jaderoyale---

I'm a huge Allison Mack fan and I adore Chloe but I can criticize Chloe and her actions when I don't agree with them. I think Kristin Kreuk is a sweetheart but I dislike Lana. Disliking the character but liking the actor that portrays that character are two different things. I'm not saying people don't mix them up but to say that it's always that way is false.

Comment

Well know, we wouldn't want to hurt the characters feelings, they are real people after all.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎