No announcement yet.

The best leader?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best leader?

In 4 seasons of the show, we've seen a lot of leaders in Lost. Question is, not who is your favorite, but overall, who was the best? Jack, who led the fuselage cast aways for about 108 days? Ana Lucia who led the tail section for 48 days? Locke who led his group for a few days in the barracks? Ben who led the others for years?

JACK (108 Days)
    Pros: Experience in leadership due to being a surgeon. As a doctor, has saved many people. Has led the survivors for 108 days with few casualties and manged to save 7 people including himself. Has kept up good morale with his epic speeches and is liked by many as a leader

Cons: A bit bossy and is known for not involving red shirts (the extras) has a bad history with Locke and even tried to kill him in front of everyone.

Allies: Kate, Juliet, Rose, Bernard, Sayid, Jin, Sun, Claire, Ana Lucia, Ben (Off island) Sawyer (Note: some of the allies are based on Team Jack's roster)

ANA LUCIA (48 Days)
    Pros: Experience in leadeship due to being a cop. Was very aware of the others. Few casualties under her watch. Historically had a tougher things to handle in the first two months then Jack's team due to others attacking the tail section. Tried to help Jack create an army to take on the others. Gave Hurley and Eko advice from beyond the grave.

Cons: Like Jack, can be bossy and much more violent. Wrongfully acused Nathan of being an other. Killed Goodwin (probably not a con but it does put her at odds with Juliet) and accidentally killed Shannon. Kept Sayid captive after shooting Shannon. After joining Jack's group, became somewhat of a loner. Had sex with Sawyer just to steal his gun (Somewhat of a con for him) and mistakiny gave Michael the gun that killed her and Libby

Allies: Jack, Libby, Bernard, Mr. Eko, and Hurley

JOHN LOCKE (A little over 18 days)
    Pros: A deep connection to the island and vast healing abilities. Can hear Jacob and talk to the higer powers of the island. Excellent hunting abilities. Responsible for finding the swan station and the pearl station. Pressed the button a lot. Went along with a team to rescue Jack. Helped Sawyer get revenge on his father. When Jack was gone, Locke showed the ability to involve red shirts when accepting Paulo and Nikki to come along with him. Saved Mr. Eko. Was right about the freighter people being bad. Helped Ben move the island.

Cons: Puts saving the island above saving everyone's life. Has bad history with Jack. Somewhat responsible for the death of Boone and killed Naomi. Lost faith in the island and almost destroyed the world by not pressing the button and destroying the computer. Beat up Charlie. Destroyed the submarine. Threatned Jack with a gun. Constantly needs to be told what to do next (by Ben, Richard, Walt, or the island)

Allies: Ben, Richard, Hurley, Sawyer, Claire, Boone, Mr. Eko, and Jacob (Note: Some of these are based on Team Locke's roster)

BEN LINUS (Unknown number of years)

Pros: Led the others for a number of years. Has a deep connection with the island. has talked with Jacob and the higher powers. Always has a plan. Can call upon the smoke monster. Killed Keamy. Let Michael and Walt leave the island. Does what is neccesary and makes the tough choices.

Cons: Like Locke, Ben puts the island over people. Has bad history with both Locke and Jack. While he did kill Keamy, it was that death that ended Michael's life. Pretended to be a normal survivor and that made him some what responsible for the death of Ana Lucia and Libby. Stole Walt. Kidnapped Jack, Kate, and Sawyer and kept them prisoner. Shot Locke. Ordered Mikhail (AKA Patchy) to kill the two women in the looking glass and Charlie. Ordered experiments on Claire. Ordered a plan to steal the pregnant women. Some what responsible for the death of Alex, Carl, and Danielle. Stole Alex from her mother. Manipulated Sayid into doing his dirty work. Is in a war with Charles Whitmore. Has made a threat on Penny's life

Allies: Locke, Jack (off island), Richard, Ethan, Goodwin, Mikahil, Pickett, Juliet, Smoke monster, and Jacob.
    Jack (The Fuselage Survivors/Team Jack)
    0%
    Ana Lucia (The Tail Section Survivors)
    0%
    Locke (Team Locke)
    0%
    Ben (The Others)
    0%

Thats a hard one to choose because all have a different agenda really...

Jack led to get off the Island

Locke led to stay on the Island

etc. etc.

Comment

as a better leader and not so much who i like the most id say jack. lots of people look up to jack.

locke seemed to have lost a lot of the people who were following him and seems to be leading himself. but i think in the end of the series locke will come out on top.

ana lucia i think was only a leader cause everyone was scared shed shoot them lol.

ben is my favorite character but to a point the others dont seem to respect him much they just follow him cause the island appointed him the leader. if richard who braught ben in didnt seem to trust him after a while when he helped locke kill his father with sawyers help.

Comment

i go with Jack, because he is the most trusted by the whole group... people feel like they know him, they know his agenda is simple and about getting them safe

with people like Locke, the are unsure of his agenda even if some of them have a gut instinct he is right... the minuite their gut changes they will go against him... whereas those loyal to jack tend to keep loyal too him

Comment

I would have to go with Sawyer.

He was only the leader one episode but he pulled everybody together during a hard time.

Comment

Sun

Comment

team locke then

Comment

I voted for Ben. The guy just knows how to manipulate people to do what he wants them to do. But also has a strong authority and experience, shall we say?
                Jack is, imho, just irritating.

Comment

If there was a choice for 'other' I would have voted that, and that would be Jacob.
                  I know, getting oneself dead does not seem very competent, but his 'plan' I have the most confidence in.
                  I think the other four are actually meant as examples ofbad leadership.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎