No announcement yet.

Because I was his Equal!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by unfocused
    Depends on your interpretation of "good." She isn't that sweet cheerleader anymore, no. She isn't as innocent as she was in the early seasons. She's smarter and more tough now. She's fighting for the good side (from what Legion told us). Her bout with Lex pushed her into becoming a heroine trying to stop an evil man. Yes, she's being secretive and devious now, but she's apparently going to achieve legendary status for something good. Lex did not change her from being a good person. And I am having trouble figuring out why you think she is a bad person. We don't have all the details yet, yes she's being secretive, like Clark was all that time. So keeping secrets doesn't necessarily mean she's evil.

It seems that some people misunderstood what Lana meant by "equal." Lana didn't mean she was as evil as Lex. Or even as brilliant. Like someone said a few posts ago, she shouldn't be proud of being as evil as Lex. Well don't worry, because she isn't as evil as he is and that's her intention. One thing people seem to keep forgetting is that she spent a whole season with Clark as a good person AFTER leaving Lex. So no, Lex did not change her, he did not beat her. She played his game with him, and she survived. She came out of that relationship a stronger person able to find a purpose; to bring down Lex Luthor. She surely didn't beat Lex at his game, but he didn't beat her either. And that's what she means by "equal."

Becc, I meant Chloe has had her fair share of damsel in distress moments. So has Lois and Martha, it's not something that is exclusive to Lana. Especially now that she is on her own covert missions and actually accomplishing as much as Oliver in her hunt for Lex. We all had a different perception of Lana last year, but this year she is earning her keep. She's no longer that little princess and her days of being the sweet cheerleader/coffee shop girl are over. Smallville definitely has a greater future for her now that PS3 has taken charge. She'd be back in the barn for these 5 episodes had AlMiles still been around.
    Thanks for clarifying- all the women had their fair share of DID moments. I think you're right on what she meant by saying "equal" and I have to agree. I mean there are lots of evil people in this world, does it mean because they are diabolical that they are greater than anyone else?

Comment

• Originally posted by unfocused
      Someone really dislikes Lana.

But that oddly sounds a lot like Chloe. Other than the orphan and male attention bits
      i just gotta come back to this to properly defend myself here... firstly, my dislike of Lana goes back and forth, and is usually made negative when i feel everyone is kissing her a*se. However i did not write that statement out of Lana hate. I wrote it to give an idea of how Lana, Lex and their relationship has been written IMO and how that shows that she is in no way his equal, and he never wanted her because she was his equal

so instead of adressing this, you've made a sarcastic comment, and then likened a slightly negative write up of Lana to Chloe, just because you know i like Chloe and think it might annoy me... i can't see any other reason why you would liken it to Chloe in a thread about Lexana and not even bother to respond the the point i was making

Lex saw Lana as a prize to be one, and as his anchor to all things good and sweet.

IMO he saw Helen as his equal more than he saw Lana as his equal. Or Victoria. They could play power games and be devious within the relationship. Lana couldn't play games... she was too nice.

Comment

• Thanks for letting me know your opinion.

I partly agree that Helen was seen as an equal to Lex. He couldn't beat her either and she also escaped him. Victoria an equal? No not really. First of all he owned her when she said "it's just business," and he responded with "If our relationship is just business, I hate to think what that makes you." And then he teamed up with his father and put the Hardwicks out of commission. Victoria lost. A lot.

And yes, I was sarcastic. It's not easy defending Lana, especially in this hateful atmosphere. I needed to keep myself entertained But seriously, you're right about how Lana has been written most of the time. But she has had a good story this season, even though I think the story is unnecessary. But we'll see, I may like it in the end, and it may change my perception of her. If there is one thing that PS3 can do, it's probably write Lana better than the whine fest we've had for so long.

Comment

• I really do think it's just a difference in conception of the meaning of equal

I mean look at boxing. They match you up with someone who is about your equal, and you fight, and someone wins. Next time the other person might win. But you are still on an equal level of fighting ability

I don't see that fact that Lex beat Victoria as making her any less of an equal. And i don't see Lana escaping Lex makes her any more of an equal. When you measure them up, weigh them, etc, Lana is like a feather weight and Lex is the heavy weight... whether Lana is lucky enough to miss the punches, doesn't make her his equal

p.s. i'm not an expert on boxing, but i hope people get the idea

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmyolsenblues
            lex luthor is supposed to be the greatest criminal mind of our time...and lana serves coffee.......
            That says it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎