No announcement yet.

Is this Metropolis or Gotham?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this Metropolis or Gotham?

since when has Metropolis been such a gloom & doom town?

Cops getting sniped? another day at the office...

Crooked cops? they're the law around these parts...

It's not supposed to be that depressing!!

Remember this is pre-Superman Metropolis. The big guy isn't out here as a symbol or someone to give the cops backup and something to inspire to just yet. Even if he were he can only do so much at any given time. Even a City of Tomorrow though has to have it's seedy parts.

What I liked about this episode, and it's been a long time coming, is that Clark had to see this aspect of Metropolis first hand. He had to see that side of the cops (the good and the bad).

Comment

That's because they still lack the light to show them the way.

Comment

i have to believe in every major city including post superman.....there is crime and blight

Comment

Originally posted by ZODisGOD
          That's because they still lack the light to show them the way.

That's true.

Comment

In case of Metropolis, isn't only Superman, but also Lex.

Comment

Originally posted by dru-zod2501
              Is this Metropolis or Gotham? when has Metropolis been such a gloom & doom town?

Cops getting sniped? another day at the office...

Crooked cops? they're the law around these parts...

It's not supposed to be that depressing!!

as others have said, it's pre Superman...and the fun part will be watching how Superman begins to inspire people in Metropolis, and comparing that to Batman's rise as the Hero of Gotham...two very different approaches to crime fighting...this is FINALLY the show i have been waiting for!

Season 9!

Comment

^What they all said

Comment

Hey! It's a dangerous city...

Comment

Originally posted by cksidekick
                    as others have said, it's pre Superman...and the fun part will be watching how Superman begins to inspire people in Metropolis, and comparing that to Batman's rise as the Hero of Gotham...two very different approaches to crime fighting...this is FINALLY the show i have been waiting for!

Season 9!

Haha! Yah. Green Arrow's more like Batman. Superman is more like Jesus.

I'm down for Season 9. Love TW.

Comment

it's pre-superman maybe, but even in that era, I don't think it should be "crime capital of the midwest."

From a drama standpoint I guess it makes the story even more compelling, a town so bad only a superman can clean it up, it just didn't feel like Metropolis to me

Comment

I'm just glad we kind of got to see more of Metropolis. That single street with the darned drug store was getting very annoying and felt too low budget and backlot for a show that has picked some nice locations in downtown Vancouver before.

Comment

It surprised me, too, initially, because I'd always thought that Metropolis was the light to Gotham's darkness, but indeed, it's pre-Supes Metropolis. Clark will change that one day.

Comment

That Metropolis is great... Smallville do have some influences from Gotham City in Burton's movies.

Comment

Originally posted by akaLane
                              It surprised me, too, initially, because I'd always thought that Metropolis was the light to Gotham's darkness, but indeed, it's pre-Supes Metropolis. Clark will change that one day.
                              I'm sure your right!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎