Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of Criss Angel is a Douche Bag?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm, I am seeing much love for this episode. And me? Well, not so much.

OK, so I got to watch this episode yesterday (through a fog of medication as I am sick with a bad cold) but for me? 'Meh' pretty much sums it up.

I think they had an interesting premise here and just kind of...missed the mark. (like Ryan, I love magic and was thrilled that we'd get to see a mix of "real" vs. "illusion"--my mind was shouting "Zatanna!")

And was it me or did we spend more time on the 3 magicians than on the guys (Sam and Dean were almost the guest stars in their own show!)?

OK, the "Chief" scene cracked me up!

I think the "are we going to die before we get old?" thing was an interesting conversation (seriously, wouldn't expect either one too live; also loved Dean's 'we've both died' line. Heh) but I wonder why Sam didn't also cite John. I mean, ok, John did die but he made it for a long time. Maybe not 60 like Sam wants but...

As to how Sam was acting...total flashback to season 1 in a way. Remember in the pilot when he said he wanted out because he wanted to be 'safe'? I totally had a flashback to that.

But yeah, we spent a lot of time talking about the 3 men, but really with Charlie and Jay and their closeness. The "brothers" and Charlie killing to make sure they stay together.

OK, so Jay has killed his best friend/brother because it was the right thing to do, right? And he's regretting it and thinking it was actually the wrong thing to do. I'm thinking that was a subtle message to Dean. I mean, we all know that there might be a choice coming for Dean soon and the message there seems to have been (at least what I got out of it) "family before everything" (which has long been Dean's philosophy). That if Dean did have to kill Sam that he would be doing "the right thing" but that it would be something he would regret forever and that he might not be able to live with. That it might break him, as it broke Jay.

And the message I got from Charlie--relating to Sam--was you do whatever you have to keep those you love with you. Even if it means going darkside. I think THAT is what that final scene with Ruby was about. That Sam was thinking he didn't want to end up like Charlie and Jay, that he wanted to be with Dean forever. And if that meant going to Ruby so be it.

In a way I saw it as the ultimate affirmation of Sam's love for Dean. he will literally do anything to stay with him, to keep him by his side. Become the Boy King in order to save Dean, to kill the demons, whatever.

But maybe that's just me.

So again, this gets a meh from me. Some good stuff, some bad stuff, some funny stuff but mostly this felt a little like filler.

Oh and one more thing: the return of the brown hoodie for Sam! Did anyone else notice that Sam was wearing his Season 1 brown hoodie in this ep? I swear I did a double take and then squeed with happiness (I wonder, seeing as how Sam's got a bit of Season 1 emo!Sam going on again, if it was deliberate). Now if we could just get the bangs back....

Comment

This episode was good but not my favorite in season 4. Liked the plot and the ending was sad. But i dont really like the idea of magcians in Supernatural.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎