Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JAMHEXXX
    Yeah, I do remember that too. You were saying Clark/Superman will keep the ratings up and that Lois/Clois being gone would not bring the ratings down.
    I never, ever, related Clois to ratings. It was you guys, not me.

Comment

Well, Clana ruined a perfectly good episode last night. So, why wouldn't casual fans tune out if they don't like Lana/Clana
      You are right in that sense.However the show primarily is about Clark becoming Superman.And trust me i am with you when it comes to Lana.All we can do is watch every episode and remember everything that was worth our time.Back at season 6,i felt the same way you did after every Lexana scene.What can i say?This kind of romantic overdose is the price we have to pay for the show to still be on the air.

Comment

Originally posted by Timester
        Personally, I think a large part of the season's momentum in ratings was due to Clois. I think they deserve more weight then they get credit for. Next weeks number will go down even further. And they'll begin rising again with Infamous. But, the timing sucks, and I hope they already have S9 in the bag. I also hope the general audience didn't feel like suckers for coming back just to receive a bate & switch marketing tactic. It's really a cruel joke to be played on audiences.

--L&C original show did something similar with their wedding episode and ratings plummeted when they realized Clark married a clone. I really liked that plot though, but it's besides my point.

Comment

Originally posted by Kreukie
          Sorry, but I read more of "Lana brings the ratings down" on these forums then "Lana brings the rattings up."
          What you read more or less doesn't matter, what matters is that there ARE Lana = ratings posts. One that were just debunked.

Originally posted by Kreukie
          Whenever I responded to these thread is to prove that there's been a lot of episodes that featured Lana and Clana that have done very well in the ratings and episodes that had hardly any that brought the ratings down.

But if you helps people sleep at night thinking the ratings go down on Smallville because of Clana/Lana, then nothing that can disprove that will be taken to account.

Lana hasn't been on this series the first half of this season and the ratings for this series weren't better than season 6 or 7 or 5 or 4 or 2 or 3.

Nor did they go up every episode, they're been a lot up and down with the numbers.

Yet, if that can be accepted even though there was no Lana/Clana in those episodes, why is the blame quickly put on Lana/Clana for the drop in this episode?

And if the ratings go up next week and the week after that, I can see the praises being put on anyone but Clana/Lana. It's just how it's always been, since season two when people start over analyzing the ratings.
          But that's the point I'm trying to make. Having or not having this or other character is not what affects.

Lets be honest about Bulletproof. Who knew, outside the spoilers group, that Dan Turpin would be here? Who knew that Clark would infiltrate the cops? Bulletproof promotion sucked balls. The only promotion we got was Clark Kent being arrested for Jones' shooting.

Comment

I really don't see the point in blaming a relationship or character on this decline because then I could very easily turn everything around and say that Clark's undercover story was the reason for the decline, the A plot in this episode and something that was mentioned in the official description. Would that make sense? Not IMO. For this episode, it just can't be compared to "Legion". "Legion" had Doomsday, Brainiac and the LOSH. It also had a lot of promotion with interviews and magazine articles written about it. You can't expect an episode like "Bulletproof" to match that, I don't care how many members of the cast are in the episode or what relationship the episode was going to feature. JMHO.

Comment

Interesting:

Early Ratings

The CW capped off the evening with its combination of Smallville (#5: 2.5/ 4), which seems to have perked up in recent weeks, and the compatible Supernatural (#5: 2.1/ 3).

Comment

Well apparently character/storyline regression isn't the only thing Lana-Fu is influencing here!

Looks like we have ratings regression as well.
                Last edited by Mickey_Bickey; 01-23-2009, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by myankskent
                  I really don't see the point in blaming a relationship or character on this decline because then I could very easily turn everything around and say that Clark's undercover story was the reason for the decline, the A plot in this episode and something that was mentioned in the official description. Would that make sense? Not IMO. For this episode, it just can't be compared to "Legion". "Legion" had Doomsday, Brainiac and the LOSH. It also had a lot of promotion with interviews and magazine articles written about it. You can't expect an episode like "Bulletproof" to match that, I don't care how many members of the cast are in the episode or what relationship the episode was going to feature.
                  Really, so you are saying that Bloodline had the promotion that Legion did?

Well it didn't and it had better ratings.

Comment

What this prove, once and for all, is that Lana Lang does NOT bring ratings.

I'm waiting for the Lana fans to twist the numbers again.
                    Just as you predicted, Bruno!

Comment

Originally posted by myankskent
                      I really don't see the point in blaming a relationship or character on this decline because then I could very easily turn everything around and say that Clark's undercover story was the reason for the decline, the A plot in this episode and something that was mentioned in the official description. Would that make sense? Not IMO. For this episode, it just can't be compared to "Legion". "Legion" had Doomsday, Brainiac and the LOSH. It also had a lot of promotion with interviews and magazine articles written about it. You can't expect an episode like "Bulletproof" to match that, I don't care how many members of the cast are in the episode or what relationship the episode was going to feature. JMHO.
                      That's why I always feared about the upcoming Power. I mean, only today I figured out what it might be about [SPOILER]Lex's Power Armor[/SPOILER], and even that it had to come from hints from Bulletproof.

Comment

Okay, does anyone know what a 2.5/4 is in millions of viewers?

Comment

HHHMMMM.....

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by JAMHEXXX View Post
                          All is not lost, but I do think the departure of Lois for the first Four episodes after the hiatus as well as the hiatus itself is going to kill the rest of the season.

Not really. The show have proven that all these years as been ALL ABOUT CLARK. Clark = ratings, ratings = Clark.

I know it, I have been on these ratings thread for years now.

Comment

Really, so you are saying that Bloodline had the promotion that Legion did?

Well it didn't and it had better ratings.
                            "Bloodline" aired during the first half of the season. The ratings on Smallville always decrease in the second half. That's just the way it is. IMO, that's why "Legion" didn't do as well, that and the fact that it was the first episode right out of the gate after a hiatus.

Comment

HHHMMMM.....
                              Where do I talk about Clois on that quote?

Comment

That's why I always feared about the upcoming Power. I mean, only today I figured out what it might be about [SPOILER]Lex's Power Armor[/SPOILER], and even that it had to come from hints from Bulletproof.
                                That would be cool. So, they can have Lex on the show in Armor, thus not needing the actor?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎