This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's not good,but I expected a drop of ratings

Comment

The rating will definitely drop.But rather than blame it on those who were part of the episode,it makes more sense to blame it on the absence of several cast members.

Comment

Originally posted by JAMHEXXX
        Ratings are down

Smallville (#5: 2.5/ 4)

Supernatural (#5: 2.1/ 3).

Compare that to the fast nationals for Legion
        Smallville on the CW (3.0/ 5 from 8-9 p.m.)

Supernatural on the CW (#5: 2.1/ 3)

Clanarama, Bones and Lois missing is going to kill Smallville's ratings.
        Uh-oh. That's not good.

ITA with your last statement. Can't blame Bones being there on it's own, all Bones does is give viewers the OPTION to switch channels.

Comment

And I'm sad that I can't feel sad about this. Well played PS3. Well played

Comment

My avatar is the answer to why the ratings fell.

Comment

I really think that the drop has more to do with the fact that this episode didn't continue the Doomsday plot and didn't have the Legion to draw in some new viewers. "Legion" had a lot of things working for it to get some good ratings.

Comment

Man, I haven't watched a single episode of SV (except for Legion) since the return of Lana. My disdain for the woman is too epic.

Comment

Originally posted by myankskent
                  I really think that the drop has more to do with the fact that this episode didn't continue the Doomsday plot and didn't have the Legion to draw in some new viewers. "Legion" had a lot of things working for it to get some good ratings.
                  Yeah. Legion was the surprise, not Bulletproof.

If anything, the ratings shows that people watched Legion because of Legion. The hype was around Legion, after all.

----- Added 48 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by KryptonStones
                  Man, I haven't watched a single episode of SV (except for Legion) since the return of Lana. My disdain for the woman is too epic.
                  Not even Bride? Because Lana has been on 3 episodes only.
                  Last edited by Timester; 01-23-2009, 09:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Personally,i always wonder if a Smallville fan will miss an episode on purpose because of Lana or Clana.I really hope that's not the case.

Comment

Wahoo. I had guessed 4.05 but said I would NOT be surprised it was lower. I honestly am happy the ratings are lower so they can recognize what a collasol mistake bringing Lana back was. The part that really is a shame is that it was a great episode.

The Lana just should have been switched with Lois.

Comment

What this prove, once and for all, is that Lana Lang does NOT bring ratings.

I'm waiting for the Lana fans to twist the numbers again.

Comment

[QUOTE=Timester;4369589]Yeah. Legion was the surprise, not Bulletproof.

If anything, the ratings shows that people watched Legion because of Legion. The hype was around Legion, after all.

Actually Timester, I remember you saying ratings won't drop until Power. You were not on this "Just Legion" kick a few weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                            Personally,i always wonder if a Smallville fan will miss an episode on purpose because of Lana or Clana.I really hope that's not the case.
                            Well, Clana ruined a perfectly good episode last night. So, why wouldn't casual fans tune out if they don't like Lana/Clana.

I have no plans to watch next week. I get physically ill watching this Lana lovefest these writers are shoving down my throat.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

[QUOTE=davidbrenton;4369637]
                            Originally posted by Timester
                            Yeah. Legion was the surprise, not Bulletproof.

Actually Timester, I remember you saying ratings won't drop until Power. You were not on this "Just Legion" kick a few weeks ago.
                            Yeah, I do remember that too. You were saying Clark/Superman will keep the ratings up and that Lois/Clois being gone would not bring the ratings down.
                            Last edited by JAMHEXXX; 01-23-2009, 09:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by davidbrenton
                              Because normally and logically, the previous episodes affect the ratings of upcoming episodes. But now we know that Legion was an exception. The comic fans only turned on to see Legion.

Comment

Originally posted by Timester
                                What this prove, once and for all, is that Lana Lang does NOT bring ratings.

I'm waiting for the Lana fans to twist the numbers again.
                                Sorry, but I read more of "Lana brings the ratings down" on these forums as compared to "Lana brings the ratings up."

Whenever I responded to these thread I try to prove that there's been a lot of episodes that featured Lana and Clana that have done very well in the ratings and episodes that had hardly any that had bad ratings.

But if it helps people sleep at night thinking the ratings go down on Smallville because of Clana/Lana, then nothing that can disprove that will be taken to account.

Lana hasn't been on this series the first half of this season and the ratings for this series weren't better than season 6 or 7 or 5 or 4 or 3 or 2 or 1.

Nor did they go up every episode, they're been ups and down with the numbers.

Yet, if that can be accepted even though there's been no Lana/Clana in those episodes, then why once Lana/Clana enter the picture the blame game begins with those two elements if an episode rating goes down?

I can see if the ratings go up next week and the week after that, the praises will be put on anyone but Clana/Lana, it's just how it's always been!
                                Last edited by Kreukie; 01-23-2009, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎