"Bulletproof" Countdown/LIVE Discussion Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i dont know i thought this epi was more like CSI meets the pretender meets law and order meets the misadvetures of Lois and LCark minus the lois and more like the lana with a little streetfighting fight there (thanks to tess and lana) and if I were Lois I would have interrupted that clana kiss just like lana interrupted the clois kiss..paybacks are a beeyotch

Comment

• Originally posted by Megami
      It looked kind of like a last gasp kind of a kiss to me. It's the death knell of Clana as far as I'm concerned.

Exactly that is how I felt too watching the kiss!
      I think Clark's confused look after it PROVES that he is starting to realize that Lana & him are not meant to be!
      The sparks are dying quickly! LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by tyson08
        Let's all agree that episode was great from 8:00-8:56, a 9 in my book. The last 4 mintues brings it down to an 8, I wish Clark would move on.
        'megami' said:
        It looked kind of like a last gasp kind of a kiss to me. It's the death knell of Clana as far as I'm concerned.
        I'm totally 'on board' with what you guys said and how you assessed the episode. I admit, I may be looking for and finding a little something different than what a lot of fans want out of Smallville. IMO, this episode covered a Lot of ground that I feel really contributed to moving Clark's 'Destiny' along.

Clark has, for many years, taken part in criminal investigations anonymously. He knows how to look for clues and has learned to trust his own 'hunches' or intuition about people and their innate behaviors (except when it comes to Lana or women in general), and Clark has learned to be very observant. It was a great opportunity for him to see how the 'law' works from the Inside. He learned some things that will serve him well in his future heroic endeavors. There's still much he has to learn, but he needs to learn how to work in tandem with 'law enforcement' to earn their trust, which would allow him the priviledge to continue 'Helping' without fear of being 'branded' an outlaw, IMO.

It was also important for us to see or rather Hear from Oliver that MM had interacted with him and that they had begun to form a 'trusting bond' between them as well. It was important to see progression in the growth of the JLA. All that, plus what revelations Lana shared with Tess, made this a great episode. We also got to see Clark in 'Hero mode', and the way he's thinking about how and why he will do what he does. He wants to see People try to be better. He also taught Ollie something about being a 'better' hero. That was truly Special.

Only his desire to have more than a life of 'being the hero' for the world's sake, because of his 'memories' of what he believed he could have with Lana, made him slightly falter. He has the Same Feelings as every one of us, so he wants the same things out of life. He fears that it'll be denied him. Clark just has to figure it out as he goes along. He's NOT a Loser! He's been given a tremendous responsibility and the way he was raised, he'll never neglect that 'mission'.

"Bulletproof" was a story about people who do difficult jobs and learning how and why they want to do them for the "right" reasons. It seemed to be about Clark learning about 'big city' crime and crime-fighters behind the scenes. It was a Learning Experience for Oliver, Ofc. Dan Turpin, John Jones, Tess, and Clark. Although I don't quite know what it is that Lana was supposed to learn except that maybe she's no longer 'in love' with Clark.

Whatever Lana is doing is causing a lot of intentional turmoil, most likely in her on-going quest for revenge against Lex. She continues to keep secrets from Clark, therefore she's still too angry to give her heart to anyone, and I think she knows that. When she leaves, the dust she's once again stirred up will settle. Then Clark will see everything more clearer and realize he's in love with Lois Lane, IMO. What we're seeing is an 'emotional' set-back brought on by the way Lana broke his heart a few months ago. Her sudden reappearance has thrown him temporarily off balance. That's why he asked her 'why is she staying?'

We Know Clark. He's Steadfast and Honorable. He probably thinks that he'd seem 'shallow' if he turned his back on the 'love of his life...so far' without making SURE it's the right decision. I'm Deathly Tired of the Clana merry-go-round, too. Hopefully, we'll get to see him shake it off, because 'temporary faltering heroes' is allowable from time to time. Clark, 'in Smallville', has taught us that he's Not Perfect, like the rest of us 'humans'. ...But we know that he'll Never stop trying to be better.

One last thing; I was too happy to hear Chloe mention Lois to Clark. She pointed out to Clark how 'Obvious' it was that some 'sparks' are flying between him and Lois. His response was... Clearly, Clark finds that Lois Amazes or Overwhelms him just by Lois being 'Lois'. It was as if Chloe had made him pay attention to something that was 'Hot' and he cautiously approached it and wouldn't touch it for fear of getting 'Burned'. (Eventhough we're aware that Clark is impervious to physical heat). The Legendary Love Story between Clark and Lois Has Begun.

This IS a Review without giving away too many details, right? I Grade it a 9.5
        Last edited by Imzadia; 01-22-2009, 11:05 PM. Reason: corrections

Comment

• Besides the Clana angst I found this episode as a comic book fan to be enjoyable and fun.We got Dan Turpin,John Jones assuming his comic book counterpart(a detective),Dr.Hamilton(even though we never saw his face),the sentiment of superheroes,Prometheus.However from a viewer's point of view,it was kinda boring.

They really wanna drag this whole Doomsday thing.Reminds me of the three Kryptonian stones arc.

Comment

• [quote=TayLaneBloom;4365935]Boy,
            the only god thing about this episode was Chloe telling Clark not to hurt Lois.
            (even though he didn't listen to her. ¬¬)
            quote]
            Thanks for the info. So a quick summary (I tried not to read everythin otherwise I will know what happens) : so Clana is dead (which is obvious since a long time now lol) AND Chloe speaks to Clark about Lois and she asks him not to hurt her...Means she knows Lois is in love with Clark ?I will see it tonight, I will tell you what I am thinking. CAN'T WAIT and I am supposed to work nowBut I say : "supposed"

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎