Loved It? Hated It? what did you think of "Bulletproof?"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decent filler episode I suppose and Dan Turpin was a cool, if not flawed character!

5/10!

Comment

• Dear god,-10000000,i hate this capi,really!!!

Comment

• I liked the parts with the Martian Manhunter, Oliver and Dan Turpin with Clark, but it'll never be one of the episodes I'll re-watch continously.

Comment

• I really enjoy this episode. Strong plot, good guest character played by a good guest actor. Plus it has that kick ass fight between Lana and Tess.

Comment

• I never say that in smallville,but in this epi i only say one thing:PUAJ!

Comment

• Hey did anyone else recognize "plowguy" (Ty Olsson in Men in Trees) ?

I loved this episode, except for the last three minutes (yes I know, I stole this line).

During the first seasons I was a riveted Clana fan. But slowly somewhere along seasons 6 and 7 Clana lost me. Don't get me wrong, I've never stopped enjoying Smallville. As long as Tom Welling stars in this show, I will keep watching and rewatching and rewatching ...
              But lately Clois has been growing on me. ED really convinced me during Committed. I felt for her when Clark stepped aside during their dance (Bride) only because Lana happened to show up. I really didn't believe Lana would have such an impact now that Clark has matured. I really thought he wouldn't stray from his developping relationship with Lois.
              I'm glad Lana will only be back for a limited number of episodes. Hopefully Lois will give Clark another chance.

But don't worry, whatever happens, Smallville forever !

Comment

• I loved the episode. I really did. Dan Turpin was awesome. Clark undercover as Joe Fordman. I loved it. Except for the last scene in the Talon between a trainwreck-of-a-relationship. I mean honestly, how many times do we have to see them together- and then bring ripped apart for the umpteenth time?? Hmm- I guess some actually enjoy that.

Comment

• This episode is ok.I liked the plot and how they had MM.But the episode was boring

Comment

• neat to see the police's point of view on the heroics of Clark and Oliver. It's very intriguing for me to see a mortal Martian Manhunter. What a great character, what a passionate actor.
                    Like most people, the Lana/Clark passion is not necessarily the most welcome return. But it does have a bit more intrigue when we all know that Lois is the other point of the triangle.

Comment

• A good episode, apart from the Lana stuff. This episode offered us a closer look at the Metropolis police, which, unlike Clark isn't bulletproof. We get a cop's perspective on vigilantes like Green Arrow and the Blur. We're also introduced to two more DC characters: Dr. Emil Hamilton and Dan Turpin.

This episode also marks the moment, where Tess abandons her alligence to Lex. Her remark, that she loved him, comes across as a bit weird, given later revelations about the nature of her relationship to Lex and the Luthor family.

Like I said above, the bad parts are the Lana stuff. Her talking about her being Lex's equal (which is why she was so easily manipulated by him). The set-up for Lana getting powers, in the next episode and the rekindling of the Clana romance at the end. Then, of course, there is the pointless fight scene between Tess and Lana. Likely just added to promote Kreuk's then upcoming martial arts film. You could probably cut out all of her scenes (minus when she informs Tess, that she's been a walking camera for Lex), without affecting the episode.
                      Last edited by jon-el87; 06-28-2017, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jon-el87
                        You could probably cut out all of her scenes (minus when she informs Tess, that she's been a walking camera for Lex), without affecting the episode.
                        You can even cut out that scene because it has no impact on the A-plot.

BTW: You can cut out Lana in a lot of episodes in season 4. You can watch Crusade and Gone without all the Paris stuff and only need to watch the graveyard and tractor scene in Gone. You can watch Run, Bound, Unsafe, Recruit, Krypto and Lucy without having to bother about Lana at all. In Jinx and Onyx she only has two small scenes each, the latter one in Jinx with her being her usual "charming" self in regards to Clark.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ Doena
                          You can even cut out that scene because it has no impact on the A-plot.
                          True. It does impact the Tess scene, at the end (which, in turn, affects later episodes), but I suppose you could cut out the bit with her turning off the cameras in her eyes and just leave in her interaction with Oliver. Arguably, you don't need the revelation that Lex has been using her like that, to make Tess abandon her lojalty to him. Since taking over LuthorCorp, she's become aware of all the bad things, that Lex did over the years. Those could've easily motivated her, to turn her back on Lex. If anything, it's weird that this is where she draws the line. She was okay with the multiple cases of murder, wrongfull imprisonment and illegal experiments on humans, but when she found out that he had implanted nanocameras in her eyes, that's where she thinks that Lex went too far.

BTW: You can cut out Lana in a lot of episodes in season 4. You can watch Crusade and Gone without all the Paris stuff and only need to watch the graveyard and tractor scene in Gone. You can watch Run, Bound, Unsafe, Recruit, Krypto and Lucy without having to bother about Lana at all. In Jinx and Onyx she only has two small scenes each, the latter one in Jinx with her being her usual "charming" self in regards to Clark.
                          Part of the problem with Lana (and not just her. This also goes for many other female characters, like Iris on The Flash) is that her main (or rather sole) function was to be the love interest. Meaning, that she served little purpose beyond that. So, she either becomes irrelevant to the A-plot of the episode... or she'll have to serve as a damsel in distress. There is a reason why we never saw Mrs. Columbo (not counting the Kate Mulgrew show). Chloe was a more useful character. She was Clark's side-kick, a wanna-be journalist, a person with all kinds of contacts and helped Clark investigate all of these strange things in Smallville (later Metropolis).
                          Last edited by jon-el87; 06-29-2017, 06:05 AM.

Comment

that's where she thinks that Lex went too far.
                            Human nature. Most people don't care what people do to other people as long as they're not the target. There is the "First they came..." poem illustrating this.

Part of the problem with Lana (and not just her. This also goes for many other female characters, like Iris on The Flash) is that her main function was to be the love interest. Meaning, that she served little purpose beyond that.
                            While that is true, season 4 also had the odd circumstance that Lana was a major player in her own subplot, but it rarely intersected with Clark's storylines (mainly football and introducing Lois into his life). Clark's plot often intersected with Lex. Lana's plot often intersected with Lex. But there are only a few episodes like Spell and Sacred where Clark was actually involved in the stones arc at the same time as Lana was. Take Transference and Lucy for example. Both were stone-related episodes but Lana's involvement in Transference had nothing to do with the stones and in Lucy Clark had no involvement at all with the "hot potatoe" plotline. They simply didn't cross paths all that often in season 4 and when they did, it was often not friendly (Jinx, Pariah). Even in non-stone, friendly episodes they both basically lived their lives completely independent from each other (Facade, Devoted).
                            Last edited by DJ Doena; 06-29-2017, 06:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ Doena
                              Human nature. Most people don't care what people do to other people as long as they're not the target. There is the "First they came..." poem illustrating this.

While that is true, season 4 also had the odd circumstance that Lana was a major player in her own subplot, but it rarely intersected with Clark's storylines (mainly football and introducing Lois into his life). Clark's plot often intersected with Lex. Lana's plot often intersected with Lex. But there are only a few episodes like Spell and Sacred where Clark was actually involved in the stones arc at the same time as Lana was. Take Transference and Lucy for example. Both were stone-related episodes but Lana's involvement in Transference had nothing to do with the stones and in Lucy Clark had no involvement at all with the "hot potatoe" plotline. They simply didn't cross paths all that often in season 4 and when they did, it was often not friendly (Jinx, Pariah). Even in non-stone, friendly episodes they both basically lived their lives completely independent from each other (Facade, Devoted).
                              True. And in those two episodes, she is taken over by Isobel Thoreaux, so some of their interactions are with Isobel, in controll of Lana's body, rather than Clark and Lana interacting. Then, of course, you have the season finale, where she briefly shows up at the barn and gives Clark the stone. It is the only time that their paths cross in the whole episode.

Comment

True. And in those two episodes, she is taken over by Isobel Thoreaux, so some of their interactions are with Isobel, in controll of Lana's body, rather than Clark and Lana interacting. Then, of course, you have the season finale, where she briefly shows up at the barn and gives Clark the stone. It is the only time that their paths cross in the whole episode.
                                For no other reason than that she magically knew that they were "meant for him"...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎