Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one who perfers Superman to be the sole survivor of Krypton.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I the only one who perfers Superman to be the sole survivor of Krypton.

Am I the only one who perfers Superman to be the sole survivor of Krypton. Just wondering, it makes him more unique and more of a miracle in the universe. And the tragedy of Krypton worth something. If they must have a Supergirl I perfer they don't, it should be Kara In-Ze the only survivor from Krypton's sister planet Argos, from Superman: the animated series.
    Last edited by Young Superman; 01-18-2009, 05:59 PM.

Originally posted by Young Superman
    Am I the only one who perfers Superman to be the sole survivor of Krypton. Just wondering, it makes him more unique and more of a miracle in the universe. And the tragedy of Krypton worth something. If they must have a Supergirl I perfer they don't, it should be Kara In-Ze the only survivor from Krypton's sister planet Argos, from Superman: the animated series.
    Your point is well taken. When I first read your question, my reaction was that, for me, it doesn't matter. Then I thought about it and remembered when they brought all those Kryptonians on LnC the New Adventures... I wasn't so into it. So you may be right. Also, having Kal El as the last survivor adds to the Clois, because she accepts him for who he is and it is only with her that he feels like he belongs. That, anyway, is my Clois perspective.

By the way welcome to the site. I'm new too.

Comment

Short answer: No, you're not the only one.

Comment

hey, what about Zod? should we write him off? or try the same runaround tactics they used post-crisis?

the uniqueness argument is valid, except I cannot wrap my head around the concept of a Krypton that does not use interstellar travel at all except for one lonely rogue scientist, it just feels illogical.

I'd rather the number of Krypton survivors remain unknown.

Comment

I prefer Superman being the only survivor of Krypton - or at the very least, the Last Son. Zod could be the one exception, but I don't mind a new interpretation of him that would do him justice and yet change his origin so that he is not Kryptonian.

Comment

Thanks for reponding to my post guys. As far as Zod goes I think DC could find a way to rework him that he still exist without him being Kryptonian.

Comment

i can understand what you say as orginal comics and idea in the 30 and 40`s were that last son of kryptonian however as a fan of kara supergirl and i really thought lv really looked the part and see this its 50 years since action comic first introduced as female counterpart so there is agrement both ways. That being said having kara smallville esp flying while clark couldnt work even through i am huge supergirl fan itwasnt going to work on the show long term. I would have been happy if they used kara in two partner like if she been from the future while clark had been superman etc or have own show or special after.
              If show or cartoon character is really sucesfull they will try a female counterpart out and supergirl has been more long lastly and succeful than most
              dave

Comment

well yeah, there are a few too many survivors for my liking... but then i think some storylines are interesting

for instance, for Clark to encounter people like Zod makes him so grateful he wasn't raised on Krypton with people like that, and makes him appreciate humans more i think

he is still unique because he is the only kryptonian to have been raised on earth, and it is the combination of his kryptonian body giving him powers and his parents giving him ethics that makes him the great hero... no other kryptonian has that

Comment

Originally posted by Young Superman
                  Thanks for reponding to my post guys. As far as Zod goes I think DC could find a way to rework him that he still exist without him being Kryptonian.
                  They tried it. It sucked.

No, Zod only works as Kryptonian.

Comment

Originally posted by Timester
                    They tried it. It sucked.

No, Zod only works as Kryptonian.
                    I think the Pocket Universe was a great way to keep Superman being the only survivor, and still have a Kryptonian Zod. I think a working that way would be okay. I just don't like thousands to millions of other Kryptonians running around, and all being super.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
                      Short answer: No, you're not the only one.
                      I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Hopefulsuicide
                        well yeah, there are a few too many survivors for my liking... but then i think some storylines are interesting

for instance, for Clark to encounter people like Zod makes him so grateful he wasn't raised on Krypton with people like that, and makes him appreciate humans more i think

he is still unique because he is the only kryptonian to have been raised on earth, and it is the combination of his kryptonian body giving him powers and his parents giving him ethics that makes him the great hero... no other kryptonian has that
                        I wish all Kryptonians weren't all rated on a scale of 1 to Zod. Kal should be proud of Kryptonian side; it gives him more than just his powers.

Comment

I would say keep Zod in because when Kyrpton exploded, wasn't he in Phantom zone? So that still makes Kal El hot.. uh I mean, the last son of Krypton and for me at least still unique. Just not all those other Kryptonians. I know they had other Kryptonian's on LnC. How did the comics handle that??

Does this question go to include the zoners or just survivors who were on Krypton when it exploded.

Comment

It includes all Kryptonians period. And I just think it's best if Kal-El were the only survivor.

And really, what has Zod contributed other than being a villain Superman could go toe-to-toe with and etching, "Kneel before Zod" into media history?

Comment

I do understand why DC Comics brought all the Kryptonians back. For the past 50 years, Kandor was inside the bottle. It was time to move on with that story. And they decided on a bold way, putting 100,000 Supermen from a striking position to Earth. How will Earth react from here? How does this fit on Final Crisis?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎