No announcement yet.

VM Movie News

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VM Movie News

Rob Thomas has confirmed that his next project is a Veronica Mars movie. Kristin Bell is on board as Veronica, of course, and Joel Silver will produce.

I know there has been discussion of having a movie before, but this is big! An actual discussion of writing a script and having a producer who wants to make it! I don't think they'll have any trouble finding a company to produce this film. Personally, I would love to see it in theatres, but would be just as happy to have a straight-to-dvd release. I just NEED to see what becomes of my beloved LoVe!

What do you guys think? Excited? Overjoyed?

I found this out when I was at work and I spazzed all over the place last night lmao. Anyways, I'm EXTREMELY excited that they are making a Veronica Mars movie. I hope that they do bring back the majority of the main cast (especially Percy, cause that guy needs some work), and I secretly hoping we might see some older cast members come back like possibly Duncan? I'm also really happy that it might start off at Veronica's graduation. As much as I loved the whole FBI concept they had going if VMars did a fourth season, I don't think it would make such a great movie.

That being said, I'm afraid this might not do well at the box office, due to the fact that people will have to watch the first three season's of Veronica Mars just to understand the movie. It was the same thing like when Joss did Serenity. I mean you could've went in as a standalone movie but by the middle of the movie people (mainly my friends who never saw the series lmao) were really confused and didn't get the mini jokes.

Comment

I still am not too big on this idea. Maybe I'll be excited once I see it, but after how horrible VM:FBI was, I kind of feel that it's just Rob continuing to try to milk his past projects rather than coming up with something original and new, as VM Season 1 was.

I loved VM Season 1... that's the reason I created Neptunesite, after all... but by the end of Season 3 VM became painful to watch. I don't want more of that if that's what a movie would be. Either way, I'll be updating http://www.neptunesite.com with more info when and if it becomes available.. I'm just very skeptical.

Comment

Yeah, S3 was not great...and I haven't even watched the whole FBI thing. I heard that it wasn't good, so I'm kind of afraid to watch it. Rob Thomas has said before that he would pick up with Veronica in college, not doing the FBI thing, so hopefully he'll stick with that. I just want some closure on the show, even if it's a not-so-good movie.

Comment

OMFG!!! This is the best frickin' news I've heard this year! I know it's only been short, but still, lol.

Okay, the whole FBI thing wasn't spectacular, ie. it wasn't VM but any other show coud've settled for it. She seemed to have lost some of her pizzazz, y'know? Is that a word? Anyway, I loved seasons one and two and granted, VM lost it's way a bit with season 3 but we NEED to know what the heck is happening!! What about LoVe or Piz or Wallace or Keith or the frickin' Mayor's race or Jake?!? So many loose ends to tie up from ending so abruptly.

As long as the cast from the show is on board, namely KBell, I'm sure it will be fantastic and I can't wait. I'll be looking all over the place for updates and rumours. Ahhh, can't wait!!

Comment

That news is great!!! I am so pumped!! I really don't care if it does good at the box office or not because I'm just so friggin' happy that it's actually coming.

I honestly have never understood all the hate towards S3. Yes, I mean S1 was brilliant, but with Veronica Mars as a series, I have never....how do I say this. I enjoyed all of the seasons pretty much equally. Like whenever I think how awesome S1 was and say "That one was the best." Then all of a sudden I'm thinking about the mystery of the bus crash on S2 and how awesome that was to figure out. And I'm like "But that was sooo great too!" And I really, really liked S3 mysteries. I could care less that it was two mysteries instead of the usual one. I thought it was just as clever, just as funny as S1 and S2. I guess I'm saying that normally there is a glaring difference in which season I like the best with a TV series, but with VM I have loved each and every season so closely.

The only thing I will agree with people about, in regards to S3 is how bitter Veronica is in that season. She was downright vicious about guys and holding grudges against them and just being intensely cynical about the whole thing. I thought she was a bit too harsh in that respect. But besides that fact and the totally open-ended finale, I LOVED S3. Like hardcore, so I don't know why everyone says it wasn't good.*shrugs*
            Last edited by SweetOne; 01-18-2009, 06:58 PM.

Comment

For me, S3 did show a much more bitter Veronica. And it was the longest time that we saw LoVe together, but they weren't always happy. It's my least favorite season, but I definitely think that if there had been a S4, Veronica would have continued to evolve and LoVe probably would have gotten together again. I'm hoping that the Veronica in the movie will not be the Veronica of S3.

Comment

AWESOME! I would LOVE to see Kristen as Veronica in a movie! My prayers have been answered!

Comment

Originally posted by comptonassmel
                  For me, S3 did show a much more bitter Veronica. And it was the longest time that we saw LoVe together, but they weren't always happy. It's my least favorite season, but I definitely think that if there had been a S4, Veronica would have continued to evolve and LoVe probably would have gotten together again. I'm hoping that the Veronica in the movie will not be the Veronica of S3.
                  Me too, Mel!

I LOVED LoVe, but season 3 just kicked them around and like you said, showed Veronica as really bitter, and they didn't really give a good reason for her change from Veronica of Seasons 1 and 2 to Season 3 Veronica.

But... thanks for posting this bit of news. I'm excited!! I hope they do this well!

Comment

Eh, color me skeptical.

While it would be delightful to see Neptune and all its characters, dystopian system, and the wittiness again, I'm not too sure.

First of all, Veronica Mars premiered five years ago. I'm not sure, but I think Kristen may have gotten past playing that age range where its believable. Granted, RT says it will basically pick up in real time, with the Hearst Graduation which is where we would be if the show had continued.

However, part of what I loved about Veronica Mars is the major running satire with high school and the real world, and everything that goes on on a symbolic level. So I'm just not too sure.

Comment

What became of Dick Casablancas?

Comment

He was transported back in time to a spin-off of the story of the Gossip Girl parents as teenagers

Comment

Originally posted by LuthorKent90
                          What became of Dick Casablancas?
                          He also had a very, uh, interseting role in Friday the 13th

Here's a small update, about a third of the way down the page:

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Shadowlord367
                          Eh, color me skeptical.

While it would be delightful to see Neptune and all its characters, dystopian system, and the wittiness again, I'm not too sure.

First of all, Veronica Mars premiered five years ago. I'm not sure, but I think Kristen may have gotten past playing that age range where its believable. Granted, RT says it will basically pick up in real time, with the Hearst Graduation which is where we would be if the show had continued.

However, part of what I loved about Veronica Mars is the major running satire with high school and the real world, and everything that goes on on a symbolic level. So I'm just not too sure.
                          All valid points. I think KB is 28, but she could still pass for 22, IMO. I mean, she was playing 17 when she was like 24, which might not be believable to some, either.

Obviously this is not going to be the same as the show. But I think people definitely want closure, including cast and crew, and that's more of what it's about. Plus, even though V was written for tv, I'm sure she could carry a movie.
                          Last edited by comptonassmel; 03-13-2009, 08:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by comptonassmel
                            He also had a very, uh, interseting role in Friday the 13th

Here's a small update, about a third of the way down the page:

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

All valid points. I think KB is 28, but she could still pass for 22, IMO. I mean, she was playing 17 when she was like 24, which might not be believable to some, either.

Obviously this is not going to be the same as the show. But I think people definitely want closure, including cast and crew, and that's more of what it's about. Plus, even though V was written for tv, I'm sure she could carry a movie.
                            She certainly can pass for it. And it's a movie. Not like she'll be on it for years to really tell the difference.

Comment

i would like to ask if there are only 3 seasons of VM or is there the fourth one too? i'm sorry for interrupting this conversations about movie. i will watch it definetly when it comes out, but i don't know about my feelings of movie, cause it can be a disaster....

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎