No announcement yet.

Chloe remembering Clark's Secret - All Discussion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by harryandginnyfanatic
    Wonderful! Now she can go back to obligating herself 24/7 as Clark's sidekick, instead of pursuing her own interests or career again.

Life is so grand for Chloe Sullivan.

Comment

I'm screaming with joy!!!!!! How could the writers tease us like that!!!!? It gave me the biggest scare EVER!!!!!

Comment

I think I was right in the first place - Brainiac was hiding in the missing memories, and now that he's gone her memories are restored.

Comment

Well, I'm happy now.

Comment

I'm not sure what the point of erasing her memory was if she was just going to have them restored a few eps later, and I'm not sure what the point of restoring them was if they weren't going to have Chloe and Clark have an honest conversation about what he did, and why, and what she felt about that.

Makes the whole thing a waste of time, IMO.

But I'm glad she has them back. I'm not a fan of mindwipes and memory losses.

Comment

My first reaction to this was that the writers saw the negative reaction of the mind wipe by fans and tried to fix it in this episode. Notice how the "Oh, I remember your secret now" is just sort of tacked on to the end of the scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Clana_4ever2005
                Chloe remembers the secret!
                of course she remember , if u look at amm abyss u notice blood leek form chole and secound brainaic took over her . i am glad she remember but did anyone else notic rokk was concern or that the legion new abt lana,lois an jimmy not chole which mean in future she is not married 2 jimmmy she was supose 2 be death it ,mean they just rewriten superman story line. even if she death they had no history of her y she married jimmy an was clark bf so he killed her but legion change the future . chole is back plus lighten boy said maybe she change her name an rokk said she the reson he became superman but they save her so the future is diffrent so i guess sv write just puted chole in comic book fa good . i just wish jimmy an chole split and she marry some from future like rokk anybody but jimmy .

Comment

Originally posted by Cellist
                  My first reaction to this was that the writers saw the negative reaction of the mind wipe by fans and tried to fix it in this episode. Notice how the "Oh, I remember your secret now" is just sort of tacked on to the end of the scene.
                  Would that be possible? To go back and re film an episode after seeing the fan reaction? It seems possible in the time frame between the airing of Abyss and the airing of Legion, but could/would they do that?

Comment

Originally posted by Khyla
                    ^ I was answering the question posted, "How did CHloe get her memories of Clark back?"
                    Since the memories were replaced with code under Brainiac's influence, now that Brainiac is gone, her memories are no longer under his influence. Does that make it clearer?

ur smart i like ur style sa. and u story 2 .keep up

Comment

Originally posted by unfocused
                      Would that be possible? To go back and re film an episode after seeing the fan reaction? It seems possible in the time frame between the airing of Abyss and the airing of Legion, but could/would they do that?
                      I don't think that's possible at all. This was the PS3 intention to give Chloe back her memories all along. What I would like to know is how did taking away Chloe's memories and restoring them to her 2 eps later serve as an effective plot device? What was the point apart from upsetting a lot of the fans?

Comment

It's interesting to me that Chloe apparently does remember the past few days, marrying Jimmy, the monster abducting her and then getting possessed by Brainiac. However, she's not aware that in those few days she hadn't remembered Clark's secret? You'd think there'd be a quite noticeable gap there when she didn't know the secret, between pre-"Abyss" Chloe's memories and now post-Brainiac memories. I don't know, seems weird.

To be honest, I think she actually is aware of those few days she didn't remember Clark's secret and possibly even figured out what Clark had done. Maybe I was just seeing things or maybe she was just upset about Jimmy in the hospital / being Brainiac's vessel, but Chloe almost seemed somewhat distant, even a little stand-offish towards Clark at the end of "Legion". She was friendly enough, but she just seemed.... off to me.

Hypothetically speaking, if Chloe is aware of what Clark did or at least is aware of that memory gap the past few days, it would be interesting why she felt the need to keep that secret from Clark. Maybe she didn't say anything because she might understand why he did what he did (Chloe mentioned at the reception she felt like she'd been carrying this weight and it's suddenly felt lifted, "like [she] could let go") - even if she isn't happy about it - but doesn't want to make an issue of it. Which would be typical Chloe, burying her true feelings around Clark. At least doesn't want to make an issue of it yet.

Comment

Why wouldn't Chloe seem a teeny bit distant at the moment? She's married to someone else who's lying in a coma far away....

Comment

Originally posted by Becc
                            I don't think that's possible at all. This was the PS3 intention to give Chloe back her memories all along. What I would like to know is how did taking away Chloe's memories and restoring them to her 2 eps later serve as an effective plot device? What was the point apart from upsetting a lot of the fans?
                            It's actually very possible to film a single episode within 2 months... I was asking if the PTB would do it.

As for your plot device opinion, well I'm just going to wait and see if it does have any effect. Let's hope it does, I'm sure Chloe fans don't want to see a passive Chloe when she finds out about the memory wipe. Saying the memory wipe was pointless would be like saying Chloe wouldn't care.

When Chloe finds out, she WILL care, and the effectiveness of the "plot device" will be revealed through her actions.

Comment

I think the point of the memory wipe is to show that Clark does what he think is best no matter what. Chloe even says it in her speech at the end and that no matter what she would understand his reasoning behind the decisions.

Comment

Chloe isn't acting quite right to me. I think Brainiac gave the information about Clark's secret to her. I don't think he is completely out of her as there were chunks out of the Brainiac ball. Therefore, she remembers Clark's secret because Brainiac is still infecting her. The look on Clark's face might be him wondering how is she remembering his secret as we are all wondering about that question.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎