Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chloe remembering Clark's Secret - All Discussion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• of course its 'that' secret, the whole "do wats best for the world" scene kinda gave it away

Comment

• Originally posted by mlauenstein
      We have no evidence of this. All we know is that she remembers _a_ secret.
      The secret erased was all about Krypton. She remembers Brainiac, therefore she remembers Kal-El.

Comment

• Originally posted by alejandrita439
        soo... she doesnt know that clark ereased her memories...?
        Well, what's the point, anyway? Unless if it's to give Clark sage advice in [SPOILER]Infamous[/SPOILER] to not do the same thing with Lois, since she [SPOILER]will be aware of everything and probably even talk about feelings with Clark[/SPOILER] (and i'm sure that mind-wipe will p... cloisers off just a little bit ) i don't see why she ever needs to find that out, once it happened for such short time! But, who knows...

Comment

• I am so happy she knows again ...... Go TEAM CHLARKK!!

Comment

• Originally posted by topping82
            Thank you. This is exactly how I see it. I honestly don't get why so many people are confused by this. Jor-El NEVER said Chloe was cured of Braniac, so why Clark and much of the audience believed that is very baffling to me.

I truly believe Chloe's memories are completely back because they were never gone to begin with. It's where Braniac was hiding IMO. When Braniac left, her memories were restored. Plain and simple.
            Believe it or not mrw66855 sent me into this thread from another Legion thread to read your post about Chloe's memory loss/gain.

It's a good theory. What are your thoughts on the conversation Clark had with Chloe in the aftermath? I felt it was a bit rushed and as Badtoad put it swept under the carpet so to speak. I think considering the size of this storyline this season it deserved a bit more screne time and dialogue between them.

Either way, I'm very happy she remembers his secret again. That's one aspect about Bride I didn't enjoy. It's good to have the "old Chloe" back again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veilleuse
              It's interesting to me that Chloe apparently does remember the past few days, marrying Jimmy, the monster abducting her and then getting possessed by Brainiac. However, she's not aware that in those few days she hadn't remembered Clark's secret? You'd think there'd be a quite noticeable gap there when she didn't know the secret, between pre-"Abyss" Chloe's memories and now post-Brainiac memories. I don't know, seems weird.

To be honest, I think she actually is aware of those few days she didn't remember Clark's secret and possibly even figured out what Clark had done. Maybe I was just seeing things or maybe she was just upset about Jimmy in the hospital / being Brainiac's vessel, but Chloe almost seemed somewhat distant, even a little stand-offish towards Clark at the end of "Legion". She was friendly enough, but she just seemed.... off to me.

Hypothetically speaking, if Chloe is aware of what Clark did or at least is aware of that memory gap the past few days, it would be interesting why she felt the need to keep that secret from Clark. Maybe she didn't say anything because she might understand why he did what he did (Chloe mentioned at the reception she felt like she'd been carrying this weight and it's suddenly felt lifted, "like [she] could let go") - even if she isn't happy about it - but doesn't want to make an issue of it. Which would be typical Chloe, burying her true feelings around Clark. At least doesn't want to make an issue of it yet.
              i totally agree, there was something off with the way she was with him, and i couldnt figure out if it was simply because she had just been through so much and needed a break, or if she was needing to figure out some stuff in her head about him

i can't even begin to imagine how i would feel straight after remembering a) knowing the secret and b) having my wedding without those memories, and talking about feeling lighter... it would be confusing and she would need time to figure it out

what i find even more interesting is Clark's behaviour in this scene

many have argued that what he did in Abyss was noble and Supermanly... but if he truly felt what he did was right, he wouldn't feel the need to hide the truth from her... it almost felt like he was too ashamed to tell here... there was an element of relief

Comment

• My reaction to Chloe remembering Clark's secret again? Refer to this link:
                Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hopefulsuicide
                  many have argued that what he did in Abyss was noble and Supermanly... but if he truly felt what he did was right, he wouldn't feel the need to hide the truth from her... it almost felt like he was too ashamed to tell here... there was an element of relief
                  I didn't get the feeling that he kept the memory wipe from her because of his own doubts, but because she'd be angry, she just got out of the most terrifying ordeal of her life, and she still had a lot to deal with, with Jimmy hurt. It seemed to me that he was still disappointed that she knew the secret again. But I guess different people saw that scene in different ways.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lazy Boy
                    My reaction to Chloe remembering Clark's secret again? Refer to this link:
                    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=O3zGKw-Wqhk
                    That's funny. I think a lot of people were feeling that dance!

Comment

• My theory is this:

Jor-el told Clark he could translate the Kryptonian code corrupting Chloe's mind back into human memories. But since he didn't completely restore her memory, then it stands to reason that he left a small part of the Kryptonian code untranslated. Either that, or he translated it into false human memories. If Jor-El left part of Brainiac inside of Chloe, then this would explain both how Chloe's memory of Clark's secret was restored once Brainiac was completely removed, and why Chloe was so easily taken over by Brainiac once brought to the fortress. But the show leaves things ambiguous, and I doubt they will ever fully explain the mechanics of how it all happened.

Comment

• Thank you for this thread cause I wasn't sure about this, so Chloe does know Clark's secret again 100% right??

Comment

• I gotta say, as Chloe and Oliver's story progresses, i'm beginning to wonder if Ollie will tell her... maybe even use it to get her more on his side, and show her she can't truly trust Clark

Comment

• Originally posted by Becc
                            I don't think that's possible at all. This was the PS3 intention to give Chloe back her memories all along. What I would like to know is how did taking away Chloe's memories and restoring them to her 2 eps later serve as an effective plot device? What was the point apart from upsetting a lot of the fans?
                            It was to get Chloe to marry Jimmy. Because she never would've/could've gone through with it otherwise. Erasing Clark's secret, erased the deep bond and love she feels for him, which would allow her to go through with a marriage to someone she doesn't REALLY love. Only my thoughts though.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎