Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Family Remains?"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I give it a 8.This episode is the like Supernatural I know and love.I dont like it with the angels in it.

Comment

Originally posted by SubZero76
      I give it a 8.This episode is the like Supernatural I know and love.I dont like it with the angels in it.
      *hugs new person fiercely*

Thank you!!! I don't like the angels crap either, but I tend to be the only one here who feels that way. It can get lonely.

Comment

10 - This episode "Remains" on top

Comment

10! 10! 10! 10! anything with jared and jensen gets a 10 from me. oh, and helen slater is preeeetty awsome!!!

Comment

I didn't love the part where Dean admitted to torturing souls for the sheer pleasure. Hearing that he broke down after 30 years of torture to save his own soul was pretty understandable...but it's hard to hear that he actually enjoyed it. That makes me wonder how he could be so rude to Ruby, knowing that being in Hell that long would turn anyone into a demon, no matter how much they resist...how is she any different than he is then?

Other than that, I enjoyed the episode. But I didn't understand the point of this revelation.

Comment

OK, so I know I'm really late to the party guys but I was only able to watch the episode last night.

So yeah, let me add to the Sam-in-the-backseat love! That was great. Also loved the casual way that he flopped back down, as if he were on his bed at home (close enough, right?).

The family. Helen Slater is awesome and she rocked in this episode. And the daughter was funny. Liked the line about "hooker sheets".

This episode reminded me of both Season 1, the Benders and of Season 2--Playthings. Dean doing the emo!overflow instead of Sam, needing to save as many people as he can because he feels evil and needs to redeem himself, the atmosphere of the episode, all seemed to hark back to Playthings, to me. Even the ending, the downbeat note seemed the same. Difference, of course, was Playthings had more humor and a supernatural villian.

One other thing I might mention. Dean admitting he liked torturing people in Hell. Made me cringe (and shout "Shadenfreude!") but is actually keeping very in character for Dean, I think. Let's face it, violence has always been Dean's refuge and source for catharsis. He takes his feelings out on the big bads. IN this case, it was on "innocents" in Hell but still, pretty close. So while I partly wanted to take Dean and hug him and partly grab Sam and make HIM hug him (or somehow give better comfort to Dean), part of me was saying "wow, that's good writing."

So yes, this was a good episode and a nice reminder of how the show used to be (yay for no sign of external influence...i.e. Castiel, Ruby, etc.).

Comment

It was okay, Dean was hot like always.

Comment

This episode is probably the scariest episode ive ever seen on Supernatural. Liked the plot, the idea of it being humans was tight and the end is awesome.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎