Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Legion"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9/10 one of the best episodes of Smallville ever. Absolutely loved it.

I just got through watching the commentary for this episode on the Blu ray and I gotta say Geoff Johns is so cool. He just knows the comic book world so well and I cant wait to see Absolute Justice, this guys writing is spot on. I really think he should write the next Superman movie, he just knows the characters so well.

Comment

• Repeat of Legion on Friday, still a great episode.........very memorable.

The Legion, Clark, Lana, Chloe..........the story and strong performances, drama and comedy, and camaraderie.

Comment

• This episode is great.Liked the plot,how the legion came and the hints to the man of steel

Comment

• Legion marks the late, long overdue debut of the Legion of Superheroes, who should have been used during the first four seasons when Clark was in high school. Better late than never. This is Geoff Johns' first episode as he seems to like writing the Legion more than Clark or anyone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by vantheman77
            This is Geoff Johns' first episode as he seems to like writing the Legion more than Clark or anyone else.
            Nothing annoyed me more in GJ's most recent Secret Origins series that he decided to spend half a comic on the Legion(only 2 of the 6 issues focus on Clark life in Smallville and I felt doing Legion was a waste of space, since it should be a side story not a huge part of Clark's origin).

Comment

• Originally posted by Supsfan
              Nothing annoyed me more in GJ's most recent Secret Origins series that he decided to spend half a comic on the Legion(only 2 of the 6 issues focus on Clark life in Smallville and I felt doing Legion was a waste of space, since it should be a side story not a huge part of Clark's origin).
              If Superman: Secret Origin is to be made into either a live-action or animated film, I don't see the second part with the Legion being used because it's a story onto itself and should have concentrated on young Clark's development as a hero. Basically, Smallville is not the right show for him to showcase other DCU. He should have wrote for Batman: Brave and Bold instead.

Comment

• Guess I should start by pointing out that the main cast this season was Clark, Chloe, Lois, Jimmy, Tess, Davis and Oliver. However, only Clark, Chloe and Davis are in this episode (Lana was only a guest this season). Chloe spends the majority of the episode possessed by Brainiac (the villain of the episode) and Davis only appears for about 3 minutes.

This is something the Arrowverse writers really need to learn. Look at the recent "Invasion" crossover, they included unnecessary characters. Characters that didn't need to be there (and, likely, only appeared in the show they were native to). Here, the focus lies on the main character (Clark) and his interaction with the guest characters. They didn't insist on including all seven main characters in the episode. Meaning, they didn't end up with four characters standing around, being useless, simply because the writer didn't have anything for them to do.

I liked Lightning Lad's reaction to being around Clark. Found it quite believeable. You travel back in time and encounter a famous historical, someone you grew up admiring. You would be overwhelmed by the experience. Overall I enjoyed the episode. Thought it was better than the original Legion story, from the 50's. I'm glad we were spared a glimpse into the future. The original had 30th century teenagers with 1950's hairstyles and (sexist) 1950's attitudes on gender (with the Legion members mocking Superboy for losing a contest against Saturn Girl, because she is a girl). Legion stories from the 70's had the characters in 1970's hairstyles and fashion. A Live-Action version of this would've probably had the Legionaires listening to music that was popular with teens in the early 2000's. Music that, in about 50 years, will be "that old fart music, my grandma listens to".

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎