Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BadaBingBadaBoomsday
    I know. But this isn't your usual 'show in repeat' is it, so people have to be busting the gut to watch this one.

I don't know about everybody else but im nearly as hyped up about it as a premiere.
    I think it is the case for MANY peopleI have a song in mind I can't stop I am sure it is because of tomorrow (friday for me but I like thursday night when everybody is excited) it is "I feel like dancing, dancing..."...

Comment

Originally posted by rconner
      Did I hear something about the President farewell address? I better not come home, and find him on Tivo instead of Smallville!!!
      The request only went out to the Big Four (NBC, ABC, FOX, CBS), and if it airs, it will likely be at 9:00 EST.

Comment

im guessing 5.4 mill

Comment

Originally posted by bizzaroboy9
          well i believe it could get 6 millions or so because this episode was promoted heavily online with various websites and it has been featured in Tv Guide mag. and other mag. Also The CW promoted it well. We have the loyal fans who watch it daily and thern legion's fans also john geoff's fan. put that together which equal 6 millions
          That would be awesome if it reached 6 million. But I'm thinking 4.6. Also I'll take your word for the CW promoting Legion because I watched Privileged last night, not one commercial for smallville. I'm thinking about watching CW tonight for that new show Fear is Real just to see if there are any commercials for SV.

Comment

i think maybe between 4.0-5.0 million

Comment

4.00-4.35m

Comment

Originally posted by luvinChlark
                That would be awesome if it reached 6 million. But I'm thinking 4.6. Also I'll take your word for the CW promoting Legion because I watched Privileged last night, not one commercial for smallville. I'm thinking about watching CW tonight for that new show Fear is Real just to see if there are any commercials for SV.
                I watched (well, didn't watch, but recorded and fast-forwarded through them) 90210 and Privileged and I saw a promo during 90210 and a short one during Privileged (most of that one was covered up by an advertisement from my local CW affiliate, though), and I saw some on-screen reminders. That's basically how it was during GG/OTH

I hope enough people saw them.

Also, it seems like Smallville has been getting a nice amount of media attention for this episode. TV Guide, NY Times and NY Post have all had articles. I've also seen mentions in magazines like Wizard and the sort.
                Last edited by ClarkyBoy14; 01-14-2009, 05:10 PM.

Comment

I can guarantee it will get a lot of new viewers and it will probably be the highest rated S8 episode.

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkyBoy14
                    I watched (well, didn't watch, but recorded and fast-forwarded through them) 90210 and Privileged and I saw a promo during 90210 and a short one during Privileged (most of that one was covered up by an advertisement from my local CW affiliate, though), and I saw some on-screen reminders. That's basically how it was during GG/OTH

I hope enough people saw them.

Also, it seems like Smallville has been getting a nice amount of media attention for this episode. TV Guide, NY Times and NY Post have all had articles. I've also seen mentions in magazines like Wizard and the sort.
                    Oh ok that's good then. ( Hm, I must have missed it during Privileged weird. ) Wow, love all the media attention Legion's getting. I'm sure it's bound to peak some interests then.

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkyBoy14
                      The request only went out to the Big Four (NBC, ABC, FOX, CBS), and if it airs, it will likely be at 9:00 EST.
                      I was wrong on the time, but isn't this awesome?!

[01.13.09 - 06:05 PM]
                      NETWORKS CONFIRM BUSH ADDRESS PLANS FOR THURSDAY
                      By The Futon Critic Staff (TFC)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- The major broadcast networks have confirmed their lineups for Thursday as each will carry President Bush's farewell addresses to the nation.

ABC, FOX and NBC have opted to join various repeat programming in progress while CBS will air its schedule in its entirety after the planned 15-minute speech.

Said disruption however will only affect the Eastern and Central time zones. Here's a breakdown of each networks' plans:

ABC - Thursday, January 15
                      8:00/7:00c - "Presidential Address"
                      8:15/7:15c - "Scrubs" (Repeat, Joined in Progress)*
                      8:30/7:30c - "Scrubs" (Repeat)
                      9:00/8:00c - "Grey's Anatomy"
                      10:00/9:00c - "Private Practice"

CBS - Thursday, January 15
                      8:15/7:15c - "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" (Repeat)
                      9:15/8:15c - "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation"
                      10:15/9:15c - "Eleventh Hour"

FOX - Thursday, January 15
                      8:15/7:15c - "Kitchen Nightmares" (Repeat, Joined in Progress)*
                      9:00/8:00c - "Kitchen Nightmares" (Season Finale)

NBC - Thursday, January 15
                      8:15/7:15c - "My Name Is Earl" (Repeat, Joined in Progress)*
                      8:30/7:30c - "My Name Is Earl" (Special Time)
                      9:00/8:00c - "The Office"
                      9:30/8:30c - "30 Rock"
                      10:00/9:00c - "ER"

* Eastern/Central time zones only; Mountain/Pacific time zones will see the programs in their entirety beginning at 8:00 p.m. Pacific and 7:00 p.m. Mountain with the address airing live at 5:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m., respectively.

"Legion" will air against the President for fifteen minutes (at the most) in the ET and CT times, and then it will just have to face repeats of My Name Is Earl, Kitchen Nightmares, CSI and Scrubs. In the other half of the country, Smallville won't even have to face the President, just repeats.

----- Added 46 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by luvinChlark
                      Oh ok that's good then. ( Hm, I must have missed it during Privileged weird. ) Wow, love all the media attention Legion's getting. I'm sure it's bound to peak some interests then.
                      I really hope so.
                      Last edited by ClarkyBoy14; 01-14-2009, 05:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Hmmm...we need a major "Switch network" factor here. I hope it does well. My guess is 3.3 million. I really don't see this as a big episode despite all the hooplah.

Oops. I meant to say 4.3m. I forgot that this season is averaging in the 4m's and not the 3m's. Okay, my final estimate it to earn 4.2-4.3m.
                        Last edited by davidbrenton; 01-15-2009, 11:21 AM. Reason: Oops. I'm a million off.

Comment

oww.. i hope the ratings higher than 4.3

Comment

Originally posted by davidbrenton
                            Hmmm...we need a major "Switch network" factor here. I hope it does well. My guess is 3.3 million. I really don't see this as a big episode despite all the hooplah.
                            "Switch network factor" as in people are watching something on one network and get bored with it so they switch over to Smallville? If that's what you mean, then I agree. That's my one worry with everything in the timeslot being a repeat. However, maybe people, after watching the President, will not want to watch a re-run and switch over to "Legion."

Comment

I'm hoping people will turn out, TVO the Prez, let's get 4.9

Comment

I'm thinking that if we maintain the typical loyal viewer ratings, we'll have 4 million plus viewers (probably 4.5 mil), but, due to the special comic book link (i.e. the Legion), and the slight hype that the show has received (a little more than usual, but no where near the level of GG or 90210, of course), I'd be happy and pleasantly surprised to see the show get 5 million viewers. That's my hope. I know we can do it!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎