Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do you like Kara ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO, Laura Vandervoort is a wonderful actress and she is the perfect person to play Supergirl. She brings a lot to the portrayal of Supergirl. The awesome personality, the intelligence, the sound of her voice, and her expression of the many types of emotions she goes through that brings out the very definition of Supergirl. Her beautiful looks are just the icing on the DC Supergirl cake. I would definetly watch any movie or show that LV is in because she is a wonderful actress.
    Last edited by Princess_Kara; 05-26-2011, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
      You know, I really need to get this of my chest right now; Has anyone else noticed that most people seem to like the Kara character, simply because they think LV is hot and not because of how the actress portrayed the character?
      I can't speak for everyone, but I like kara on smallville because of the way Laura played her. I think she did a masterful job, and her acting ability has opened more than a few doors for her. Into the Blue 2 was a very good movie, and imo was better than the original due to great performances by two former smallville actors. Sure she's attractive, but anyone playing kara would have to be, because she's always been portrayed that way. However, I don't think the character would have had the life she did if she were played by any other actor.

Comment

Originally posted by Saturn Girl
        I've always liked the character. She's a strong female character and as such represents someone us girls can relate to just like Superman is essentially a character developed for male readers.
        I totally agree and I love how LV helps pull off this aspect. I think she's a great asset on the show, I hope we see more of her next season!

Comment

I liked Kara, she was definitely another character that was misused during her time on the series. I didn't really like her story arch in season seven, but I don't think it's her fault for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Princess_Kara
            IMO, Laura Vandervoort is a wonderful actress and she is the perfect person to play Supergirl. She brings a lot to the portrayal of Supergirl. The awesome personality, the intelligence, the sound of her voice, and her expression of the many types of emotions she goes through that brings out the very definition of Supergirl. Her beautiful looks are just the icing on the DC Supergirl cake. I would definetly watch any movie or show that LV is in becase she is a wonderful actress.
            Originally posted by Kal26
            I can't speak for everyone, but I like kara on smallville because of the way Laura played her. I think she did a masterful job, and her acting ability has opened more than a few doors for her. Into the Blue 2 was a very good movie, and imo was better than the original due to great performances by two former smallville actors. Sure she's attractive, but anyone playing kara would have to be, because she's always been portrayed that way. However, I don't think the character would have had the life she did if she were played by any other actor.
            Please note, I'm not commenting about LV's acting ability, I think she's tried to do the best she could do with the material (the writers scripts). I'm reacting to the fact that a lot of people on various threads (including this one) seems to only like Kara, because they think she's hot. They don't say stuff like "I loved her performance in this and this episode", instead they only comment on her appearance. Which of course isn't that unusual, I've seen similar comments about several of the other actors.

Comment

Well, I don't presume to know what motivates other people, but I like Kara on Smallville because of the way she was written, and because imo they cast the perfect actor to play her. I'm also a fan of Kara in the comics, Superman the animated series, and JLU. Each version of the character over the years has been slightly different, and I've liked each one for different reasons. Kara has always been an attractive character, I didn't think smallville would do it any differently. As you said, you'll find fans of every character that like their looks, however, that doesn't mean that's all they like, or that they are the majority of fans. Look at all the females that freak out over Tom Welling, or Justin Hartley. Hell, even Rosenbaum. Look at all the guys who are hot for KK, AM, and ED. That doesn't mean that sexuality is the only reason they are popular though.

Comment

I like Kara because she is beautiful, good hearted and the fact that she can fly added something that was missing from the show. Laura Vandervoort was perfectly cast for the role as she looks like she stepped off the cover of a Supergirl comic. I liked the fact that she gave Clark a blood relative he could relate to who could also bale him out of trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Saturn Girl
                  I've always liked the character. She's a strong female character and as such represents someone us girls can relate to just like Superman is essentially a character developed for male readers.
                  Ditto, except for the always liking her part. I don't think I liked her that much
                  in the JLU series, but I'm not sure, it's been so long ago now.

SV made me like Supergirl as a character more. She was cute and girly
                  without being annoyingly cute and girly. (IE drooling over Jimmy in Fierce and
                  her heat vision starting up. Also, trying to teach Clark to fly was rather endearing.
                  She wasn't another blonde stereo-type.) I've been considering picking up
                  the 7th season (eventhough it had a lot of bad moments and wasn't that
                  great overall. Uh...ironic that I even want it then.) just because she was in it.

So, anyway, I liked her while she had her run on the show. Now if I could like other
                  versions of her, that'd be great.

Comment

She's kind, beautiful, brave, has experienced great tragedy but has risen above it. She's a hero. That's why I like her.

Comment

She is brave, confident, kind, sweet, a bit sassy & beautiful. She is a Super Girl!

Comment

^ This...and this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJe-oGbq2dw

Comment

Because she is Supergirl and she can fly. LV is gorgeous too.

Comment

I don't... but I really, really wish I did But she's Clark's cousin so I tolerate her!

Comment

The way she was portrayed in SV and the actress who played her. The lovely Laura Vandervoort.

Comment

Awesome character

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎