No announcement yet.

Beyond Smallville - Edge of Darkness

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Superwoman and the Blue Red Blur cont'd

An old friend renews acquaintances with Lois and Clark.

“Where’s the car?” Lois asked, as Clark held her hand and guided her up the stairs from the pier. “Um…you don’t remember?” He continued to test her. It appeared to him that the blue k ring had an unexpected side effect, short-term memory loss for humans.

“No. Please tell me that you’re sober, and you know where it is.” Lois put her arm around his back as they reached level ground. “Yes. It’s parked next to the Daily Planet. We decided to cab it over here from the Ace of Clubs.” He lied convincingly to her. This time it made his stomach hurt.

“We’ll have to hoof it to the main thoroughfare.” Lois remarked. “About this ring…I accept your proposal…to be my plus one.” She smiled brightly. Clark put his arm around her slim shoulders. He had mixed feelings about continuing his bed of lies to Lois, or blurting out the truth.

This paradox would haunt Clark for many days to come. For now, he decided to live in the moment and kissed Lois tenderly. They walked a few blocks toward Stanton Street, where a few stray cabs might cruise by. The squealing of tires nearby attracted Clark’s attention.

Within seconds, everything changed. Two black SUVs, and another dark sedan surrounded them. Naturally, they were out of the police department’s scope of vision. Stanton Street was dark, desolate, and hidden behind a row of warehouses. They were trapped. Clark stepped in front of Lois.

She quickly punched in 911 to her cell phone…it was too late. The clicking of guns was heard from each window of the vehicles. “Miss Lane, I suggest you put that phone away.” A gruff, familiar voice said. “Derringer!” Lois hissed. “I’m flattered.” The thug responded. “Don’t move.”

“What?” Clark was caught once again between risking Lois’s life, and using his abilities in front of her. “Meet Tom Tommy Gun Derringer…” Lois began sarcastically. “Member of the Grambino Crime Family.” Clark frowned. Would this night never end? He silently fumed.

“Actually Miss Lane, I’ve since severed my ties to the prominent local Family.” Derringer continued. “Uh…Miss Lane…freeze! Hands please!” Lois raised her arms cell in hand. “Okay, relax Tommy Gun. I’m a statue.” Lois had quickly hidden their digital camera in an uncomfortable place beneath her teddy. The mafia hit man hadn’t noticed her slight of hand.

“You remember my buddies, Nickie the Knife Rosenfeld, Mattie No Nose Falconari, and Benny the Blade O’Brien?” Two thugs waved from the SUV’s back seat. “Charmed, I’m sure.” Lois grumbled. Clark made a quick twitch, but the gangster’s eyes caught the movement.

“I wouldn’t, Blue Eyes.” Tommy warned Clark. “No heroics! Lane, if your boyfriend so much as moves a muscle, I’ll splatter his brains all over your nice clean dress.” Lois stepped in front of Clark. “Tommy, if you kill him, you’ll have to kill me, too!” She snapped. “Lois!” Clark shouted.

“Ordinarily that’s not a problem.” Tommy sneered. “However my new boss wants to keep it friendly. He didn’t say whether we had to bring you in to visit in one piece, just that we ought not kill you. How about that loyalty, boys?” Tommy mocked. “You just don’t see that kind of devotion nowadays, especially not from a dame.” The other goons chorused: “Awww!”

“What happened to your old boss?” Lois grilled. The gangsters laughed. “Fat Charlie? He took a midnight swim, and forgot to come back home.” Tommy chuckled loudly. Lois gulped. “Yeah, well if you’re planning cement shoes for me, I only wear Prada. They don’t have a style in granite.”
    The gangsters laughed at Lois’s joke.

“Get in, sweetie. We can’t just sit out here and chitchat all evening. After all, we’re blocking the street. We wouldn’t want to get a ticket or anything.”

“You too, cupcake.” Tommy ordered Clark. The young superhero was fuming, resisting the urge to smash all of the jolly mobster’s faces in. He knew better. Now that he’d given Lois the blue k ring, she was not only powerless, but also vulnerable.

The mobsters’ orders weren’t to kill them at the moment, which meant that someone in their organization wanted to talk, and get some information. Lois and Clark piled into the second SUV, driven by Nickie the Knife. Benny the Blade trained a large, long barreled revolver on them.

“So, what made you boys decide to switch your loyalties?” Lois continued to interrogate the mobsters. “Better pay, better benefits, and flexible hours.” Nickie quipped as Benny snickered. “Word is that there’s a new player in town. He has respectable businesses as well as, shall we say, our best interests at heart.” Benny added, smiling grimly.

The dark vehicles drove for a brief time along the wharf, eventually stopping beside a dimly lit warehouse with foreign identification. Clark read it silently: ‘Tropocall Imports & Exports’ noting the intentional misspelling of Tropical. “Out, you two lovebirds.” Tommy ordered.

“Boys, you stay here. I’ll bring our paychecks out after I meet with the boss.” Tommy directed, keeping his AK47 pointed at Lois and Clark. “The boss wants a little quality time with Lane here. What’s your name, Blue Eyes?” He asked as they edged closer to the warehouse office.

“Clark Kent.” He answered rigidly, aware of any upcoming opportunity to rescue Lois before things became even worse. “You’re still expendable, so no funny stuff.” Tommy commented as he led them to a standard rusty old office entrance door. “Open it, Lane.”

Lois complied, and Tommy shoved them both through it. Of course, Clark allowed the mobster to push him for effect. “Up the stairs to your right.” The hit man instructed. Lois climbed up the old metal staircase, with Clark trailing close behind. Tommy stayed below, AK47 in hand.

“Get in there!” He barked. Lois opened the door and gasped. Sitting behind the old weathered desk was…Lex Luthor! Clark’s eyes widened at the sight of his old nemesis and former friend. “Lois? Clark? It’s been a long time.” Lex was actually surprised to some degree.

“Not long enough!” Lois hissed. Below, Tommy headed for a smaller office near the back of the partially filled warehouse. “Moxie? You got our checks?” Tommy banged on the door. “Don’t worry, Derringer, you’ll get what’s coming to you.” An unfamiliar male voice said.

Comment

LOVE it!!

Comment

sweet! keep up! I love how lLois calls herself Clarks Girlfriend

Comment

post soon

Comment

Superwoman and the Blue Red Blur concludes

PG-13
            Guest stars - Lex Luthor, Perry White

"Come on Lois, this is a waste of time.” Clark turned his back on Lex as Lois stared blankly at him. “This isn’t a social call, Clark.” Lex snarled. “Look at me!” Just then, Clark turned back around and noted that Lex’s appearance had been slightly altered. “You have looked better.” Clark said coldly.

Lex’s face was reddened, tan, and seemed wider and older. His throat, neck, and shoulder had visible scars on them, as did his hands and forearm. The worst thing about Lex’s appearance, in Clark’s mind, was his former friend turned mortal enemy’s eyes.

Lex’s steel blue eyes seemed darker, colder, and haunted, like the living dead. “Where the hell have you been, Luthor?” Lois asked angrily. “Yeah, you’ve been gone almost two years.” Clark agreed. “The last I heard you were chasing some bizarre character called the Traveler. How’d that work out for you?” Lex was briefly silent, staring daggers at him.

“It’s an amazing coincidence that you dropped out of sight shortly after you killed your father.” Clark accused, sending shivers down Lois’s spine. Clark’s tone was deadly, confrontational, and accusatory. She’d rarely ever heard him so angry. In fact, Lois recalled that the only other time she’d heard Clark be this menacing was when he’d found Alicia Baker dead.

Lois had barely stopped Clark from strangling Alicia’s murderer, Caleb. “It’s no coincidence, Clark.” Lex growled. Clark felt his emotions rifling towards the surface. It was all he could do to restrain himself. He wanted dearly to go across the desk at Lex and rip him apart with his bare hands.

Clark shifted his gaze towards a concerned Lois. Seeing her helped to still his ire and calm his boiling rage. “By the way, that murder rap was never proven.” Lex stated in his usual calm, deadly demeanor. “I know you killed Lionel, Lex.” Clark stated, devoid of emotion. “He deserved better than that.”

“That’s your opinion.” Lex argued. “As to my whereabouts…after the unfortunate death of my father, the LuthorCorp Board of Directors never trusted me again. They asked for my resignation, and reneged on my purchase of the Daily Planet. I transferred control of my investments to Tess Mercer.” This didn’t surprise Clark at all. “The legal fees for my indiscretions were enormous.” Lex added.

“You ran away until the heat was off.” Lois deadpanned. “I prefer to call it ‘exploring my options’.” Lex smirked, though the action seemed to cause him some degree of pain, as he winced thereafter. “Anyway, Mercy is quite capable and ruthless.” Lex continued. “I knew my investments were safe with her.” Praising his devoted protégé.

Lois shifted uneasily. “Mercy kept control of the paper until Perry White’s investor firm bought it out from under her.” She added bravely: “That still doesn’t tell us where you’ve been, what you were doing, and why you’ve returned.” Lex grinned thinly. “All in good time, Miss Lane.”

Clark glowered at him. “Fortunately, my father and I have several ‘safe houses’ throughout the world.” Lex remarked distractedly. Both he and Clark had heard some noise downstairs. “Why have you come back?” Lois pressed. “And what do you want with us?” Lex put down his revolver, much to Clark and Lois’s relief.

“I won’t be staying long, Miss Lane.” Lex said evasively. “By the way, congratulations on your promotion to Cub Reporter at the Planet, and to you Clark.” Lois flushed. “I’m still just an average reporter, Lex.” She retorted. “Hardly, Lois, hardly.” His eyes narrowed as he complimented her.

“I see you and Clark have hooked up.” Lex sniped. “I love that unusually colored ring. Clark, you’re moving on, sans Lana. As am I.” He threw in the dig. “Did you have a point?” Clark growled. “Sure, Clark. I just wanted to catch up with a couple of old acquaintances.” Lex said, rubbing his damaged chin. “The doctors did some fine cosmetic surgery on me, don’t you think?”

“I insisted that they restore the Luthor prominence to my jaw as well, after my unfortunate accident, but I digress.” Lex frowned. “You two know what happened out there tonight, don’t you?” he asked in his usual unflappable tone. “Out where?” Clark gave him a smartass answer.

“Lois and I were just out walking along the Bay when your goons picked us up.” Clark baited. “You are such a liar, Clark, in fact, the king of liars!” Lex slammed both fists on his desk, making Lois jump. The revolver bounced up as well, and fortunately didn’t fire.

Lex grabbed it with his slightly disfigured hand. “Don’t toy with me, Clark!” He shouted furiously. “Where is the rest of my shipment?” Clark gave him his best innocent look. “Shipment of what?” he asked as Lois edged closer to him, unsure of exactly what to do next.

Lois was worried. Clark was purposely goading Lex into something. To her it seemed very unusual and un-Clark-like. “You know very well what shipment, Clark!” Lex yelled, picking up the silver barreled gun again. Clark stood directly in the path of Lex’s shot, should he choose to take it.

“Actually Lex, we did see a lot of police activity near the beginning of the docks.” Clark said in a purposefully even tone. “I would check with the Port Authority, FBI, or the Metropolis Police Department. I’m sure they’d be interested in talking to you.” Clark’s voice oozed sarcasm.

Lois stifled a grin. She’d never seen Clark so full of bravado before. It turned her on, but at the same time, she hoped that his stunt wouldn’t get them killed or injured. “Fine! Go! Get Lost!” Lex pointed the gun towards the office door. “That’s it?” Lois asked skeptically.

“What about your minions and underlings with the guns?” She was incredulous. Lex laughed raucously. “That’s not my problem! Go!” He urged maniacally. Clark shrugged and said, “Okay. Bye Lex!” He turned and took Lois by the hand, guiding her towards the door and out onto the landing.

“Are you crazy, Smallville?” Lois protested. “Those guys are going to turn us into Swiss cheese.” Clark led her down the stairs and into the empty, darkened warehouse. “See? No one’s home.” Clark said cynically. They made their way past the dimly lit cargo bays.

“Why didn’t Lex kill us, or at least torture, or threaten us into revealing any information?” Lois was astounded. “Not that I’m complaining, but why go with the whole ‘gangsters taking us for a ride’ scenario?” Clark shrugged. “He was probably just trying to scare us into telling him about the bust. Lex was a borderline psychotic even before he killed Lionel. He looked completely unhinged.”

“Apparently, killing us isn’t in his current plan.” Clark added. “I’m thankful for that.” Lois began. “It still makes me wonder what he’s up to.” Clark felt a minor wave of dizziness pass. He was holding Lois’s hand with the blue k ring on it. Suddenly, he switched sides, taking her other hand.

“Maybe Lex isn’t calling all the shots.” Clark guessed as they headed across the open warehouse aisle closest to the exit. “If he signed over most of his estate and holdings to Mercy, he may have had to work for someone else.” Lois considered that. “Mosuban? Rowland? It didn’t seem likely.” She said.

Lex suddenly slammed the office door behind them and followed along down the stairs and into the warehouse. Clark shoved Lois behind him, much to her objection. “Relax, Clark.” Lex sneered as he pursued a parallel course from them, with a big black briefcase in his hand.

“If I’d wanted you two killed, you’d already be dead.” Lex hurried past them as Clark heard a large splash in Metropolis Bay nearby. He wanted to investigate, but dare not leave Lois alone, even for a split second, especially now that her latent Krypto abilities were inhibited by the blue k ring.

Lois would have no way to defend herself, certainly not from any sort of weapon. Lex preceded them outside into the night. Dawn was slowly approaching as the first glints of sunlight appeared above Metropolis Bay’s horizon. The Blue Red blur’s first night was nearly over.

Out on the wharf, a black pick up truck peeled rubber and sped recklessly in the opposite direction from the police and port authority activities. “You have to love the Metropolis skyline just before sunrise.” Lex appraised. “I have some urgent meetings to attend this morning.”

Lex yelled back over his shoulder at them without ever turning his head. Clark noted a few more scars along the back of Lex’s exposed neck. “I’ll be back!” He threatened as he quickly stepped off a platform and into an awaiting black speedboat with a lone driver. The driver appeared to be female.

What’s more, Clark swore that it was Tess. The boat sped off towards the center of the bay. Lois yawned after Lex and the mystery woman were out of sight. “I’m wiped.” Lois stated, leaning heavily on Clark’s broad shoulder. “We still have a story to get out by the late morning’s edition.” She added. “I hate to do this to you, Smallville, but can you type it up for me once we get back to the Planet?”

“Sure.” Clark said as he watched Lois’s eyelids grow heavy. “What about the pictures?” He asked. Lois smirked. “You’ll just have to find where I’ve hidden the camera on my person.” Clark reddened. He waited a moment until she was sound asleep, and snoring loudly.

Clark snickered quietly as he picked Lois up, and after checking the surrounding area with his extraordinary vision; he zipped them back to the Daily Planet parking lot. With Lois on one arm, Clark opened up her car and grabbed her laptop, which she’d secured in the trunk.

The earliest shift employees were just starting to pull into the parking lot. Clark quickly entered the paper’s loading dock with Lois and the laptop in his arms. As luck would have it, no one saw them. He super sped them upstairs and carefully placed Lois in her cubicle chair.

Clark flushed as he located the camera beneath her teddy, and photo shopped the pictures into the article. He used his superior speed to type up all the details, remembering not to overload and burn up the keyboard.

He proofread it, and upon finishing, put the article on Perry White’s desk, keeping a copy on Lois’s hard drive. By now, the first shift employees had fully piled into the office.

Many employees glanced at Lois, shaking their heads. Catherine Grant pulled in around 8 AM, spying Clark seated in his cubicle. “I take it you’re Clark Kent?” She extended a thin, well-manicured and tan hand. “Catherine Grant. Fashion-ista and Social Page Columnist.”

Clark shook it, smiling pleasantly, but he offered no explanation for Lois’s snoring, and the fact that she was wearing the same clothes she’d had on yesterday. Naturally, Grant noticed that. “I’m impressed.” She glanced at Clark with approval. “You wore our Lois out last night, didn’t you?”

Clark said nothing, deciding to let Lois explain the incident later on in the day. Perry strolled in just then, as Catherine and the other employees scattered, leaving Clark to face him alone. “What the Sam Hill? You two pulled an all-nighter?” He asked gruffly as Clark nodded.

“The story is proofread and on your desk, Mr. White.” Clark said cordially. “Is it? Now that’s what I like to see, Kent, dedication.” Perry praised. “Thanks, sir.” Clark reddened. “Uh…after I okay the story, take Sleeping Beauty here, home, will you?” Perry continued.

“I can’t have the other employees and fat cats seeing Lane lost in dreamland.” Perry smiled broadly. “Understood.” Clark nodded as Perry sauntered over to his office, shaking his head. About an hour later, Perry returned to Clark’s cubicle. “How’s the story look?” He asked his boss?

“The article is good, Kent.” Perry eyed him suspiciously. “I’ll be sure and tell Lois.” Clark offered. “Clark, you wrote it for her, didn’t you?” Perry questioned. “Yes. Lois was tired, so I stepped in to help.” Clark replied. “How could you tell?” Perry smirked. “Because I didn’t have to change any spelling! Good job. I like to see teamwork.” Perry praised.

“I had Cat Grant post the article on-line at Daily Planet.com. She didn’t have much to do this morning. Most of Grant’s reporting comes during the early evening.” Perry explained. “You don’t mind not getting a by-line, Clark?” He shrugged. “Like you said, we’re a team.”

Perry placed his hands behind his back. “You know, Clark, I’m starting to get a vision here.” He sat on the edge of the slumbering Lois’s desk. “I can’t go to the brass until after the week’s circulation returns are in, but I’m going to recommend that you and Lois be elevated to Cub Reporters.”

“Thanks, Mr. White.” Clark silently wished that Lois had heard Perry’s praise. It would certainly surprise her later on. “I’m seeing Lois Lane and Clark Kent, at the top of the news world. Their names synonymous with The Daily Planet.” Perry boasted. “Is that too much pressure for you, Clark?” The young journalist shrugged. “We’ll do our best.”

“That’s what I’m counting on!” Perry smiled. “What in the world did you do to this girl, Clark?” He glanced over at Lois, curled up uncomfortably in the cubicle chair. “Lois said that she hadn’t been sleeping well. After we chased leads all last night, I guess it finally caught up with her.”

“Take her home, Clark.” Perry directed. “I want my new ace reporters refreshed and ready to work tomorrow morning.” He shook Clark’s hand. “Will do, chief, and thanks.” Perry turned towards his office. “One more thing, Clark. This Red and Blue Blur, do you think we can get an exclusive on him?” Clark couldn’t resist smirking. “What makes you think it’s a he?”

Perry cast him a puzzled glance. “You can count on it.” Clark playfully reassured him. “Count on an interview with the Red and Blue blur?” Perry confirmed. “Yes. I’ll bet on it.” Clark said confidently. Perry smiled. “That’s what I like to hear, Clark.”

end for now

Comment

Love it!

Comment

I love sleepy Lois! keep up!

Comment

loved it

Comment

Can't wait for the next one!

Comment

Milestone

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for reading. This marks my first big milestone, Beyond Smallville: Edge of Darkness is the first of my stories to reach one thousand plus views. I know that there are more experienced fan fic writers out there, with a lot more views, and I hope to catch up to them one day.

Thanks to the regulars like lauraforever, 17Gabriela17, madcloisfan, and others for sticking with me. Now, are you all ready for the exciting conclusion of Edge of Darkness?

Read on!

Thanks,
                      gardy1

Comment

Edge of Darkness conclusion.

PG-13 Violence

Chapter 21 - Face of Evil (The conclusion to Edge of Darkness):

Late the following day, Lois sat by the table in the Kent’s kitchen, reading their Daily Planet story. Clark came downstairs without knowing what to expect from her. Lois was wearing one of Clark’s infamous red flannel shirts. She glanced up from the paper, and sipped some coffee.

“Morning, Lois.” Clark said playfully, since it was after 4 in the afternoon. “Morning, Smallville.” She returned the gibe. Clark noted that she was still wearing his blue k ring. Had it been effective in muddying up her memory enough to make her forget about Clark’s secret?

“Thanks for covering for me last night.” Lois showed him the Daily Planet headline, which she read aloud: “‘Red and Blue Blur Helps on Weapons Bust, Stuns City.’” Lois sipped the steaming cup of coffee. “What do you think?” Clark asked her warily. “It’s very good, Clark, catchy, in fact. I hope Perry agreed.” Clark snickered as he grabbed some orange juice from the refrigerator.

“Actually, Perry personally approved the story, with the photographs.” Clark sat next to her, still unsure of what Lois recalled from their bizarre evening. “Why didn’t you ask for a by-line?” Lois sounded serious. “Like I told Perry, we’re a team. It doesn’t matter. Plus, he gave me credit for the pictures.” Lois nodded absently. “How do you feel?” He asked worriedly.

“Like a truck ran over my head.” Lois said, bleary eyed. “That could be because you bumped your head on the deck rail of the Montague Bay.” Clark lied, though it felt horrible. “I did? I don’t remember that.” Lois stared at him blankly. “Maybe you should see a doctor, and have it checked out.” Clark fished. “You never know about those things.”

“I’m fine. Girl of steel, Army brat, remember?” Lois quipped. “Still, it pays to be safe.” Clark urged. “Anyway, did you see this Red and Blue Blur?” She grilled. Clark was already getting sick of lying to Lois.

To him, it felt far worse than even lying to Lana. He desperately wanted to break this pattern of deceit. Instead, Clark caved. “Yeah, definitely. It was amazing!” He lied convincingly.

“You didn’t get a picture?” Lois asked with disdain. “No, sorry Lois. I just missed the blur a couple of times. He or she was simply too fast.” Clark gulped, as the hurt increased in the pit of his stomach with every word that he spoke. “Oh well, at least we got the story.” Lois dejectedly sipped some more coffee.

“I’d bet that we haven’t seen the last of the blur, Lois. There’ll be more opportunities.” Clark said, distraught over her expression. Lois was silent, never a good sign. “I do have some good news that might cheer you up.” Clark flashed her a bright smile. She gazed at him strangely.

“What would that be?” Lois prodded. “Perry wanted to tell you himself, but you were crashed out.” Clark teased, as Lois grew more attentive. “He has to get approval from the powers that be, but he said that he’s willing to elevate us to Cub Reporters.” Lois’s eyes widened. “Really?”

“Yes, really.” Clark was glad to see her smiling again. “That’s great news, Clark! I can afford my own place in the city!” Lois was so excited, that she completely forgotten about their budding relationship. “Oh, yeah. That’s good, isn’t it?” Clark asked depressingly. Again, he would have to sacrifice his feelings for Lois’s benefit. This is starting to suck! He mentally grumbled.

Lois finally realized how that sounded, as Clark got up and rinsed out the coffee mugs, and orange juice bottle. “I mean, um…our place in the city?” Lois asked uncomfortably. Clark couldn’t face her at the moment. He went on cleaning the counter, and tossed the rag into the sink basin.

He stopped cleaning and sat back down across from her. “Lois, I don’t want to push you into anything that you don’t want to do. If you want a place of your own in Metropolis, then go for it. After all, it’s what you want, isn’t it?” Lois was getting teary eyed. “It’s not all about me, Clark.” She said.

“Lois, don’t worry about it.” Clark’s tone was flat and emotionless. “It makes perfect sense for you to get a place in the city. You’ll save money on gas for the commute, you’ll save time getting to and from work, and as we said earlier, Metropolis is where the action is.”

“What about you, Clark? What do you want?” Lois choked back another tear. “I hate it when I get all emotional like this.” She muttered. “I’m not sure, yet Lois.” Clark actually felt that it was an honest reply. “I’ll still see you every day at work, and you’re welcome here anytime at all.”

Lois wasn’t sure what to make of his response. “You’re blowing me off?” She asked hurtfully. “No Lois, it’s not like that.” Clark tried to rescue the impossible situation. “If it’s what you want, then do it. I’ll help you pick out a place.” Lois took a breath. That resolution seemed to satisfy her.

“I have to run the farm as well.” Clark defended. “People do count on our limited supply of food goods. Eventually, I’ll probably sublet the farm to a neighbor, and move into the city, too.” Lois was starting to relax. Maybe this is the correct decision at this time, Clark mused. We can always change things later, he justified.

“Okay, Smallville, that’s it then. I’m getting a condo on the city.” Lois decided. “Great!” Clark forced his attitude to be positive. “It has its good points.” Lois began. “Like you mentioned, I’ll save on travel expenses.

Just think, Smallville, no more lady’s unmentionables plastered all over the house, no more borrowing your clothes, or snoring in front of the television.” She quipped. Clark painfully smiled. Those were some of the things I liked, he silently admitted.

Chloe called a bit later to congratulate them on the headline story. She talked to Clark first, just long enough for him to fill her in on the details. Lois got on the cell next, boasting to her younger cousin about the possible promotion.

They went out to dinner in Metropolis, and began to search together for a condo. Fortunately, there were a number of options available. Clark noticed that Lois still hadn’t taken off the blue k ring. That told him something, he rationalized. Lois cared.

Within a week, they’d picked out a condo not far from the Daily Planet. Clark, meanwhile, sadly separated he and Lois’s things. Lois piled her clothes, record albums, and personal effects into her luggage and some cardboard boxes. They loaded up her car. “I guess that’s about it, Smallville.” Lois said bravely, though her emotions were in turmoil.

It’s for the best, Clark thought, still trying to convince himself that the change was necessary. Lois hugged him, and gave him a quick peck on the cheek. Everything was about to go back to normal, Clark mused, but was it truly for the best? Only time would tell.

After getting Lois settled, Clark went back to the farm, and into his barn loft. He gazed out over the land, appreciating the setting sun, and spent time trying to convince himself that it would all work out in the end. This time he failed. Clark was alone, again.

Clark felt terrible as he wandered back into the house. Other than Shelby / Krypto’s padding feet, the ranch house was silent. He absently patted the family pet’s head, and flipped on the wall telephone’s voice mail. A message had come in about a half an hour ago.

“Hey Smallville! I just wanted you to know that I was thinking about you.” Lois’s recording said. “The condo we picked is working out just fine. I’ve checked and double-checked all of the security systems and utilities. I’m still sorting through my stuff…gotta go, someone’s at the door.”

The recording clicked off. Clark was glad that Lois was satisfied with the condo. Suddenly, he felt odd, like something was out of place. “Wait a minute…” he voiced his concerns aloud. “We haven’t told anyone but the condo owner that Lois has moved in…so who was at the door?”

Clark chastised himself for being overly paranoid, but he felt as though he needed to check it out, if only to ensure a good night’s sleep. He locked up the house and zipped into Metropolis. As he entered the newer building…it was a three-story condo conversion…Clark spied Lois’s door wide open.

He sped upstairs and peered in. “Lois? Are you decent?” Silence. The lights were off. Clark flipped them back on…the condo was in disarray. There had been a struggle…blood splatters dotted the formerly pristine light gray carpeting. “Damn it!” He yelled, and dialed 911. Next, he tried Lois’s cell phone. Unfortunately it rang in the living room beside her couch. He picked it up, pocketing it.

PG-13 – violence, language

I am chaos, I am darkness, I am evil personified.

Chapter 22: Blurred Vision

Lois answered the door, and a strange, dark skinned middle-aged man glanced behind him. “Yes? Can I help you?” She asked warily. He shoved Lois back into her condo, knocking the startled reporter across the old coffee table that she’d borrowed from Clark.

Without a word, the intruder attempted to zap Lois with a stun gun. She avoided the thrust and somersaulted sideways, and in a moment was back on her feet, assuming an attack position. The assailant charged her again, and Lois countered his advance with a vicious roundhouse kick to the jaw. His lip split with the force of her blow, and began to bleed.

The thug didn’t give up, repositioning himself between Lois and the condo exit. The stun gun, Lois’s cell phone, and a fairly sharp box cutter, all lay on the floor behind her new couch. Both had the same idea. Lois dove to the right, managing to grab the box cutter.

The attacker followed her lead, diving to the left and picking up the stun gun. They retreated briefly to opposing sides of the couch. Lois feinted to the left, instead leaping across the couch, box cutter in hand. She sliced the creep’s exposed forearm, causing him to yowl and curse vehemently.

Lois rolled across the floor again, and popped up into a standing position. Refusing to relent, the marauder again thrust the stun gun at Lois, barely missing her leg, as she spun away from him. Lois yelled at the top of her lungs for help. Unfortunately, the condo had been soundproofed.

The furious goon again charged Lois. She sidestepped him and sliced him under the chin, nearly nicking his throat on the way down. If she’d hit the main artery in his throat, the attacker would’ve likely bled to death. This time, Lois was in position to run out the door. She took advantage of the moment…

Only to run smack into two more creeps at the top of the stairs. Lois was trapped. One of the creeps had a gun pointed at her head. She was out of options. The three goons had a heated discussion in their native language, which Lois couldn’t identify. It sounded middle-eastern to her. There was a sharp blow to the side of her head, Lois’s vision blurred, and all went black.

Clark angrily waited for the police to arrive. This is taking too long, he mentally grumbled. He called Chloe, Perry, and even Tess Mercer, and informed them that Lois had been kidnapped or worse. The real shot in the dark was Tess. Clark had no idea whose side she was on. He assumed that she was self-serving. The police finally arrived and questioned Clark.

After a few moments, his cell phone rang. “Hello?” He hadn’t recognized the number. It was from another cell phone, in a different area code. “Mr. Kent?” A deep and obviously disguised voice asked. “We have something very valuable to you. If you want it back, we’ll need you to get something of value for us. No police, or she’s dead. No newspaper stories, or she’s dead.”

Clark zipped outside and down the block. “What do you want?” The voice hesitated. Clark strained his hearing to check for noises in the background. Seagulls, a forklift truck, a speedboat, and a number of angry male voices made their way through the call. The dock! Clark guessed.

He sped back to the wharf that they’d been at last week, where they met Lex. “We require the balance of the shipment that your port authority seized last week.” The voice continued after a few seconds.

“How am I supposed to get it? It’s not as if I can just walk into the evidence lockup and take it.” Clark stalled as he vainly searched the docks’ warehouses one by one.

“That is not our problem. Either you comply or Miss Lane will die.” The synthesized voice continued. Clark focused his hearing on that specific call. A dingy bell rang nearby. They were out in the bay!

Clark took a breath and cranked his hyper speed up to full strength, literally running across the tops of the relatively calm Metropolis Bay waves. He’d seen Bart run that fast, but he’d never truly attempted it before. Three ships loomed ahead of him. He’d have to pick the right one.

The trick was to investigate all three ships without arousing any suspicion. “Why are you holding Lois? She’s done nothing to you!” Clark kept the kidnapper on the line. “It is not about Miss Lane’s guilt or innocence. It is about retribution. Goodbye Mr. Kent.” The criminal clicked off the phone.

Clark boarded the first ship, and zipped through it, finding only the crew. He dove off it and into the bay, swimming at full speed to the next ship, and vaulted up over the railing. This time he was visible, and two of the crew stared at him blankly as he landed, soon zipping into hyper speed.

The crewmen rubbed their eyes and shrugged, going back to their work on a fisherman’s net. Clark searched this ship to no avail. He sped over to the last ship, and scored a minor victory. Two guards patrolled the upper deck with automatic weapons. Bingo! Clark thought sourly.

On board The Daemon Be:

Clark x-rayed the entire ship, finding six female crewmen or prisoners. He spun downstairs into a cargo bay where two of the women were. They were tied up, bound and gagged. Clark didn’t know them, but freed them all the same. He sped away, shocking the women.

He moved on to the next woman. She was cleaning a floor in the hallway outside of some crew cabins. He ignored her for the moment. She appeared to be in no imminent danger. Clark located the last two women. They were in a far corner of the ship, in a dark deserted area. Three guards were at a card table nearby playing poker.

He entered the dark cabin where the women were tied up and gagged. “Lois?” He whispered. A muffled outcry rewarded his search. Clark untied both women. Immediately, Lois yelled. “It’s a trap!” Two goons had entered the cabin behind him. The second woman cried repeatedly.

One guard flipped on the light. He pointed an automatic rifle at the strange woman. The second goon pointed a large caliber revolver at Lois. “Gotcha!” He growled. How could this be a trap? Clark wondered. Supposedly, no one knew where he was.

Clark had to plan this escape very carefully. There seemed to be only one option. Using hyper speed, he smashed the overhanging light bulb, plunging the room into darkness. Instinctively, Lois rolled to the ground, and the strange woman slid away, hiding in a corner. Two shots were fired from the revolver. Clark grabbed them both.

The creep with the automatic rifle had spun the wrong way, shooting and killing his partner in crime. A third thug called someone on the inter-ship phone, before venturing out of his room into a new hiding spot beneath the metal stairs leading to the next deck. He pulled out a revolver.

Clark grabbed Lois by the hand, and pulled her out into the dimly lit next cabin, untying her in the process. “How’d you find me, Clark? I thought that I was a goner.” She asked. “We’ll discuss that later, we’re not out of the woods, yet.” Clark went back into the room and led the other woman out.

Lois hid behind a large mahogany wood desk. The third goon hadn’t yet gotten a good sight line to fire on them. Clark escorted the strange woman to Lois’s place of concealment. “Now what, Smallville?” Lois edged behind him. “There’s still a third gunman out there.” He informed her, verifying that with his x-ray vision.

“Who’s behind all this?” She questioned. “My guess is that someone, namely Mosuban, didn’t like our article on the weapons bust last week.” Clark replied. “And you are?” He glanced suspiciously at the other woman. Before she could answer, a new male voice seemed to appear out of nowhere.

“That is my niece, Katja Mosuban-Khan.” HK Mosuban said from somewhere behind them. “Thank you, Katja. You may go.” The crime boss instructed. “You could’ve gotten your niece killed.” Lois complained. “If you have a problem with us, come right down here and face us.” She dared him.

Katja slipped away. Clark had briefly considered taking her as a hostage, but something told him that Mosuban was so ruthless he’d have probably had her killed just to get to them. Still, a number of things just didn’t add up. “Katja is not afraid to die, Kent. No one in my organization is.”

“What do you want?” Clark asked angrily, edging closer to Lois. “I told you that I couldn’t get a hold of your shipment. By now the American government has impounded it. We’re of no use to you.” Mosuban was briefly silent. Clark x-rayed the area and saw a group of men splitting into two groups, effectively surrounding them. This is going to be tough, Clark began planning their escape.

“I beg to differ, Kent.” Mosuban bravely led his men towards their position. “You are of extreme value to me. Miss Lane, not so much.” The crime lord hinted. “Unfortunately, now that I have you, Miss Lane is collateral damage.” Clark gulped. “What’s so interesting about me?”

“Don’t be so modest, Traveler.” Mosuban was close enough for Clark to see his sneer. Lois gave Clark a blank look. He shrugged, silently wishing that she still had her latent Krypto powers for protection. “Oh yes, I know all about you. Miss Mercer was good enough to fill me in, before I ordered her death.” Clark was furious. He’d never trusted Tess, but certainly didn’t want her to be killed.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about.” Clark was still working on a plan. “Tess Mercer was no friend of mine.” He checked on the positions of the advancing gunmen. Lois was holding back a sob, trying to remain strong. She considered sacrificing herself to save Clark, yet wasn’t sure that it would work. “Lois, we’re going to have to make a run for it. I don’t see any other option.”

She nodded, recognizing Clark’s serious, menacing tone. Before anything else happened, Lois grabbed Clark and gave him a big, wet, sloppy kiss. “Thanks.” She said. “For what?” Clark whispered. “For being such a good friend…uh…and I love…” Lois’s pledge was interrupted by gunfire up on a higher deck. “See what that’s about!” Mosuban directed a nearby guard.

“Now!” Clark grabbed Lois, and dashed at a right angle away from the two sets of gunmen, and Mosuban. He shifted into hyper speed, and Lois had no idea what was going on. Clark kicked in a door, as it sailed across the deck. He shifted Lois in front of him, shielding her from the gunfire. A few rounds bounced harmlessly off his back.

A major gun battle was waging on the upper decks. Clark slowed to normal speed, choosing to hide Lois behind a bulkhead. “Wow! Are you fast! How in the…?” She began, wide eyed. “It must be an adrenaline rush.” He replied lamely. “Any more ideas? Like who’s working the shooting gallery on the upper decks?” She asked. “It could be the Port Authority or the Coast Guard.” He offered.

“Now what? Do we hide out until the shooting stops?” Lois wondered. “That sounds like a plan.” Clark agreed, keeping an enhanced eye out for any gunmen. “Do you really believe that Mosuban knocked off Tess?” Lois’s reporter instincts kicked in again. “I hope not. Maybe Mosuban was bluffing?” Clark made conversation, trying not to let Lois dwell on what she’d just seen.

“Are you okay?” Lois asked, inspecting Clark’s back. “No one used you for target practice? I swear that I thought a few rounds hit you. What’s with the burn marks on your favorite red jacket?” Clark gulped. Lois was far too observant, even under this kind of pressure. “That must be grease from one of the bulkheads.” Clark lied constructively.

The shooting was starting to die down. “I wonder who won?” Lois asked cynically. “Let’s check it out.” He urged, carefully poking his head above the cargo bay entrance door. Clark x-rayed the area. Many people were down, with minor to life threatening injuries. Some probably died.

He focused his hearing, but only picked up a few stray guns firing, and some running footsteps on the metal decking. “Let’s see where we’re at.” Clark gestured for Lois to crawl beside him, keeping his body between her and the rest of the ship. They made their way to a lifeboat. Clark quickly inspected the boat for damage then casually ripped the ropes off of it when Lois turned away.

“Time to go.” Clark said suddenly shoving her into the lifeboat and dropping it into the bay. “Wait! What if…?” Lois’s protests were drowned out by nearby gunfire. Lois landed roughly in the water, seated uncomfortably in the lifeboat. Clark had purposely avoided joining her.

He only had seconds to stop all the weapons fire before anyone noticed the splash from the escape pod. Clark zipped through the ship, knocking thugs out one by one. He retrieved every gunman’s weapon and tossed it into the bay. Clark returned to the starboard side to check on Lois.

She was furious, but fine. The boat that had started the gun battle was on the port side of Mosuban’s ship. It wasn’t a Coast Guard, Port Authority, or Police boat. Clark guessed that someone else had been after Mosuban and attacked him and his crew. Soon, the true authorities would board the ship.

continued

Comment

AWESOME two chapters!!!!

Comment

Great! I love how Clark is felling bad for lying to Lois! keep up!

Comment

Edge of Darkness conclusion

PG-13 violence

Chapter 23: Sympathy For the Devil:

A nearby clapping of hands briefly marred Clark’s victory. “Well done, Traveler!” Mosuban praised, this time he was completely alone, which made Clark immediately suspicious. “I wasn’t sure how good you really were, Kent.” Mosuban gloated. “You’ll find I’m full of surprises.” Clark threatened.

“Some advice, Mosuban.” He stalked towards the business mogul. “Whatever you know, or you think you know about the Traveler, forget about it. Everyone involved has paid a heavy price for their foolishness.” Clark’s eyes narrowed. “Nice bravado, Kent! I’ve got some surprises for you as well.”
                              Mosuban didn’t back down as Clark advanced on him.

The middle-eastern business mogul seemed to suddenly lose his foreign accent. Mosuban, or Mobus Khan, was a fake, a phony alias, Clark assumed. Sensing that Lois was in danger, he zipped past Mosuban and out onto the bright, sunny mid deck. He dove into the bay and came back up beneath Lois’s lifeboat. She hadn’t been able to row very far.

Clark dragged the boat across the bay, towing it alongside a Coast Guard Cutter, without revealing his presence to Lois. She glanced around suspiciously, but saw no one. The Guardsmen hauled Lois on board the red and white NCG1720 cruiser, and she rapidly related her story. It would take them a while to verify it, of course. A young, pretty official with long reddish brown hair watched closely.

Officer Angelique Santana helped Lois dry off. She recognized the reporter from her picture in the Daily Planet. “Miss Lane? Are you okay?” the pleasant young officer asked with concern. “Fine, thanks! My boyfriend is still trapped on the ship with those madmen! We need to do something!”
                              Immediately, the Coast Guard Cutter turned on its siren and headed out towards the breakwater.

Clark swam back to Mosuban’s ship, the Daemon Be, and vaulted on deck. He had to find out what the crime boss was truly up to. Khan was standing in plain sight, like he was awaiting Clark’s return.
                              “You’ll have to kill me Clark, or should I say, Kal El.” Khan challenged, without turning around to face him. “Where did you hear that name?” Clark grilled.

“I told you that Tess Mercer offered me the Traveler information before I ordered her death.” Mosuban’s story had changed a bit. Clark hoped that Mercy was truly still alive, despite her obvious connection to Lex and the Traveler debacle.

“What the hell do you want from me?” Clark snarled as Khan swirled to face him. The crime lord looked substantially different from their conversation a few minutes ago. His hair was dark gray, his eyes pitch black, and his skin tone had taken on a reddish brown hue.

“I am chaos, I am darkness, I am evil personified. I am something that you can’t possibly understand.” Khan boasted, as he rose to a slightly taller posture than earlier. “Try me!” Clark challenged, as he circled in closer towards him. “Kal El! You should keep your arrogance in check.” Mobus Khan challenged. “Did you truly think that you were the only super powered being to encounter Earth?”

Mobus straightened to his full height, about a foot taller than Clark. His skin had turned a dark red, and two silver horns protruded from each side of his elongated head. Clark’s eyes widened, but he refused to let fear take hold of him. Keeping and open mind, Clark tried to keep Mobus talking. “I know that you’re really full of yourself!” He taunted the demon-like being.

“I’ve come across other beings with unusual abilities.” Clark said calmly. “Where are you from?” Mobus was caught slightly off guard by Clark’s patience. “You keep your fear under control, Kal El, admirable.” Mobus praised cautiously. “I am from another realm.” The bizarre creature admitted.

“Why are you here?” Clark grilled. “I simply exist.” Mobus said evasively. “Eons ago my people walked the Earth. There were but two races of humans. Those that follow the light and those that follow the darkness.” Clark was fascinated, but Mobus was still dancing around the subject.

“You haven’t answered my question.” Clark threw down the gauntlet. “By your constant interference, Kal El, you have upset the balance of power. In our realm, the two opposing forces must remain in balance.” Mobus explained patiently. “You mean good versus evil.” Clark stated.

“Yes. By saving people and stopping killings, you are playing God.” Mobus snarled. “I’m not particularly religious.” Clark defended. “People should believe what they wish to believe.” Mobus laughed gruffly. “A typical naïve response, Kal El.” He continued. “We don’t want you here.” The creature accused. “A balance must be achieved.”

“Yeah Mobus, well, I am here, and you’ll have to deal with me.” Clark responded angrily. “The world that I know isn’t so black and white. What about all of the people that are neither good nor evil, and just want to get through their daily lives, happily and without controversy?”

“You are a fool, Kal El!” Mobus snapped. “The people you love so well will one day turn against you, as they did me, and my kind.” Clark considered Mobus’s point, but ultimately decided that his view was too narrow-minded. “I have faith in my people.” Clark countered.

“Your people are dead, Kal El. This is not your home!” Mobus stalked closer to Clark. “You’re afraid of me!” Superman said confidently. “That’s ridiculous! I fear no one!” Mobus was ready to make his move, and Clark assumed his attack position.

Lex Luthor reluctantly ordered a retreat from his attack on Mosuban’s ship. Tess Mercer stood by his side, none the worse for wear. “We have to cut our losses, Mercy.” Lex stated in his usual overconfident tone. “We’ll have to settle for the fifteen weapons cases, and sell them on the black market. Either Mosuban or Rowland have the rest of the remaining cases.”

“Fine with me, Lex.” Mercy sighed tiredly. “That nut ball Mosuban almost killed me yesterday. I know for you that would be an acceptable loss, but it wouldn’t have worked out so well for me.” The sexy Tess sat on the edge of Lex’s desk, fiddling with a large silver dagger. Lex eyed her worriedly.

“Tess, you know that you’re more valuable to me than that.” Lex sucked up, realizing that he hadn’t any true friends or lovers left. “That’s why I sacrificed the twenty or so employees to rescue you. I would’ve sacrificed a hundred or a thousand more.” Mercy reddened. “Awww! Thanks, Lex.”

He ordered Captain Cimmaron to leave Mosuban’s ship alone, and head back to its slip. Lex’s yacht, The Stallion, pulled into a dock near the original dingy warehouse that Lois and Clark had been caught in last week. Lex watched as the dockworkers unloaded a few pallets of the weapons cache onto his yacht.

“Next stop, Fiji, my love.” Lex kissed Mercy tenderly. “We’ll take a well deserved vacation, complete some sales, and return victoriously back to Metropolis soon.” He spoke quietly into Tess’s ear. “You’re coming back to run LuthorCorp?” Mercy was shocked. “Yes, my dear. Only this time, you’ll be the figurehead, and I’ll be the man behind the curtain.”

The NCG1720 cruiser pulled alongside the Daemon Be, after calling their homeport for back up. The guns had all gone silent, and the crew lie either dead or dying, as the brave Guardsmen began to organize ship-wide boarding parties. Medical teams would follow.

Officer Santana stood beside Lois, holding her back slightly. “Let us do our job, Miss Lane.” She urged, attempting to distract the distraught journalist. “You guys! These creeps have automatic weapons and The Lord knows what else on board. You’ll be outgunned! It’ll be a slaughter!”

“The Lord works in mysterious ways, Miss Lane.” Officer Santana said as Lois gaped at her. “I’m from a religious family.” Angelique explained. “I just came to Metropolis recently from Coast City. I was part of the Department of Domestic Security task force. I requested a transfer.”

Lois nodded, wondering how anything the pleasant young guard said was relevant. “That’s a beautiful ring, may I see it?” Angelique asked politely. “Sure, here.” Lois handed her the blue k ring. Angelique placed it above her, gazing upwards at it. The gem caught some direct sunlight. The ring suddenly displayed a prism of bluish hues. Lois felt as if she had just received a major power boost.

“Clark needs my help!” Lois announced, and suddenly vaulted straight up and over the Daemon Be’s railing, landing smoothly on the deck. Instead of being surprised or shocked, Angelique watched Lois, smiling confidently as she shimmered out of sight.

“Ascende!” Mobus yelled, extending his hulking reddish brown arms from his sides. The creature hovered about a foot above the deck floor. “If you will not relent, and stay out of my way, then I must eliminate you.” Mobus said cockily. Clark readied his mind for battle. Talk is cheap, he mused.

“Inflammato!” Mobus yelled, and two softball-sized fireballs left his hands and impacted Clark in the chest, knocking him through the railings, as he tore through the cabin’s walls, and fell to the deck below. Clark sat up, shaking his head. Mobus, whatever he is, packs quite a punch, he observed.

Clark stood and zipped right back into Mobus’s room, waylaying the creature with a vicious right hook. Mobus spat black blood as he sailed through the next cabin, and into the captain’s quarters. This ought to be fun, Clark thought, thoroughly enjoying the challenge of decking Mobus.

Mobus flipped quickly onto his hind legs, and came at Clark with a one-two combination set of punches which knocked Clark up through the ceiling briefly, only to land right back down and get in Mobus’s face. “Is that all you got?” Clark challenged, wiping a small trickle of blood from his nose.

Before Mobus could answer, Lois sped in, jumping between him and Clark, and landed a vicious roundhouse kick to the creature’s face. It’s neck snapped back, and spun around, before spinning back into place. “Lois!” Clark shouted. “Get out of here! You’re going to get hurt!”

“Inflammato!” Mobus growled, hitting Lois in the stomach with a full blast of fireballs. She flew backwards into Clark, and they both fell onto the ship’s next deck. Lois was out cold, but thankfully Clark’s body had broken her fall. She’d likely have a concussion, but survive. The burns had not affected her skin, merely singed her clothing.

Clark was dazed, carefully shifting Lois off of him to the side. Mobus seized the opportunity for another attack, diving from the captain’s deck towards Clark, both fists extended in an uncontrolled rage. Clark flipped back up onto his feet, from the deck to face the full brunt of Mobus’s assault. He charged Clark, eyes blaring red, and still oozing black blood from his nose, ears, and throat.

A bright light blinded him as a golden white image placed itself between Mobus and Clark. The image formed into a solid being dressed in white, gold, and light blue. “Hold!” a definitely feminine voice shouted. “It is you who doesn’t belong here, Mobus.” The woman stated calmly.

She held up one thin hand, and Mobus slid to a stop inches away from her upraised palm. “You will return to your realm of despair, Mobus.” The woman ordered. “Who are you to order me around?” Mobus complained. “You know very well who I am. It is you who is interfering in this world.” The woman explained. “Kal El’s destiny is his alone, and he will face it.”

“For your information, Mobus, Kal El is destined for far greater things than your petty struggles against us, the beings of light. His fate is not tied to this world alone. In fact, protecting Earth is merely his first step into a larger universe.”

“Kal El, see to Lois, and know that this particular battle is not yours to win or lose.” The strange, beautiful woman vocalized a number of unfamiliar words in a singsong voice, and Mobus hid his eyes with his hands and backed away. In moments, Mobus howled angrily and disappeared in a cloud of fiery black smoke.

“Thanks.” Clark checked on Lois, and noted that she had removed her ring. “Is Mobus dead?” The pretty woman shook her head, allowing her long, golden locks to cascade down to her shoulders. “No. Even by your standards, Kal El, Mobus and I are virtually immortal.”

“Who are you?” Clark sat next to Lois, and braced her head in his lap. “Let’s just say that I’m a friend. You, of all people, should understand the value of a secret identity.” The woman smiled brightly. “Mobus was my responsibility. He should’ve never been allowed access to this realm.”

“Will he be back?” Clark brushed Lois’s hair from her eyes. “I hope not. I assure you, we will investigate this travesty, and make the necessary adjustments.” She gazed upward. “Time for me to go. Kal El, Son of Krypton, welcome to Earth.” The woman disappeared in a brilliant shower of white and gold sparks. Clark blinked a few times, and picked Lois up, carrying her to the Daemon Be’s rail.

Officer Santana was there to greet them, taking Lois from Clark’s arms, and placing her on a makeshift cot. “I believe Miss Lane lost this.” She handed the blue k ring to Clark. “Thank you officer… He quickly placed it back on her finger. Angelique said a couple of strange words, and Lois’s eyes fluttered open. “Clark?”

“Hey, take it easy, Lo’ you’ve had a nasty fall.” Clark didn’t feel bad about telling her a partial truth. She rubbed her stomach and sides, saying: “I do feel like I’ve been hit by a Mack Truck.” Lois shaded her eyes from the bright sunshine. “Thanks to Officer Santana, you…” Clark began.

He glanced around and Officer Angelique Santana was gone. ‘Who?” Lois asked as she wobbly sat up. “Never mind.” Clark said thoughtfully, he was just glad that Lois was all right.

Comment

Great! i love how you written the girl figure of light. keep up!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎