X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edge of Darkness - Out on the Town

PG - 13 Violence, and a bit saucy.

Thanks everyone for reading, here's another section:

Out On The Town: Chapter 19

“Aren’t we interfering with police business by patrolling the streets of Metropolis?” Clark asked Lois, as they finished getting dressed. “Not really, Clark. Like Perry said, this town is a cesspool. The police are outmatched, outnumbered, and outgunned by the criminal element.”

“They’d be more than happy to get the help, I’m sure. The citizens of Metropolis would appreciate being able to walk the streets safely at night.” She concluded, adding a final fix to her lengthy chestnut brown hair for the evening.

“What if more people see us?” Clark hesitated as Lois packed a camera and notepad into her purse. “That’s the idea, Smallville.” Lois said as she zipped up her purse and attached it to a belt above her slim hips. “The red and blue blur needs street cred, and results for the cops.”

“MPD won’t fuss as much if we keep bringing in the criminal populous, or at least shining a light on every dark corner of the city’s underbelly.” Lois continued. “Most MPD squads will be sent out from HQ to quell the domestic disturbances, drunk and disorderly, and wild party calls.”

“We want the big name, high impact crimes, like armed robbery, assault with deadly force, ag bats, attempted murder, and the occasional cat up the tree calls for the human interest angle to a story.” She grinned thinly. “That’s where the real game is.” Clark whistled.

“It sounds like someone’s been doing her homework.” He praised. “Hey, you know me, Clark. I can’t stay idle for long.” The overzealous reporter was still on a kryptonite infused rush. Lois had barely slept in the last few days. Clark wondered when she’d finally come down, so to speak.

This high level of hyperactivity couldn’t be maintained for long by a normal human. Clark and Kara had already planned to bring Lois to Dr. Hamilton. The question was how to get her to cooperate. Kara’s blue kryptonite ring solution seemed to him to be the best way to go.

Once Lois put it on, she’d be more or less human and powerless. Clark could forcibly drag her to Hamilton’s office if need be. He pictured Lois kicking and screaming all the way in. Lois had known about Clark’s secret for a while now. She’d seemed okay with it so far, he mused.

Clark was still testing her. He wondered if once Lois got back to normal, she’d still feel the same. It didn’t work with Lana Lang, who seemed jealous of Clark’s abilities at times. Lana had attempted and failed to turn herself into a superhero.

“Where do we start?” Clark asked as Lois finalized her route with Chloe’s borrowed GPS unit. “All of the major action is near the Ace of Clubs, that meat market bar, slash restaurant, in downtown Metropolis. As we know from experience with Luthor, Rowland, and Mosuban, big money breeds big crime.” She replied as Clark opened the farmhouse door for her.

“Isn’t it expensive to get into the club?” Clark pondered. “Hello! We don’t need to pay to get in!” Lois reminded him as they started for her car. The plan was to park at the Daily Planet and canvass it from there. This made it look like the crime-fighters were just normal average citizens.

“That’s not fair, Lois!” Clark remarked. “Everyone else has to pay to get in.” Lois put her hands up in resignation. “Fine! We’ll pay the cover charge. If we come up with a story, we can charge it to the paper as working expense.” Clark was forced to compromise with her. “Okay! Backing off!” he said, opening the car door for her.

“Here’s another thing.” Clark began as Lois patiently listened. “If we spin around the town saving people, someone’s going to recognize us, meaning Lois Lane and Clark Kent. Me, I’m not as worried about, because no one knows me from Adam. You, on the other hand, have a picture next to your articles in the paper.” Lois considered his point.

“You’re right, Smallville.” Lois’s eyes sparkled mischievously. “We need, at least I need, a disguise. Something that allows freedom of movement, yet is something I would never wear in public as Lois. I’ve got it! We’ll make a quick stop at Parkdale Mall.”

They pulled up in the parking lot of the mall a bit later. Lois guided Clark inside, and they cruised at more or less normal human walking speed until Lois found what she was looking for. “Here we go, Smallville.” Lois snickered as she hastily wrote something down on a piece of paper, handing it to him. “These are my proportions, knock your socks off!” Lois smiled as Clark reddened.

“Thirty Eight, Twenty Five, Thirty Six. Uh…Lois…you’re not that large.” He hesitated. “Aww! Thanks, Clark, and I thought that you hadn’t noticed. Actually I included some padding to throw any witnesses off the track when describing me. Now scoot!” She slapped him across the buttocks.

“Are you sure about this?” Clark hedged, adding another shade of red to his face. “Yup! It’s the only thing that I could come up with on short notice.” Lois was clearly enjoying this. Clark reluctantly entered Jacqueline’s Adult Lingerie Boutique, and began shopping around. Lois nearly doubled over with laughter as a pleasant and sexy young worker came up to him. “Can I help you?” She cooed.

Lois casually watched from a bench in the mall. After a few minutes, Clark returned with his purchase, discreetly wrapped, and brushed the sweat from his brow. A sweaty Clark Kent was always a bad sign. They walked out to the car and Lois opened up her ‘costume’s’ box. “Perfect.” She praised. Clark had picked out a royal blue teddy with bright red lace trim.

“Voila!” Lois smiled. “Meet the new red and blue blur. Did you bring the cape that you got as a souvenir from the Warrior Angel movie?” Clark nodded, unraveling the red cape and handing it to her. “Now for a quick change. Don’t peek!” Lois teased as Clark covered his eyes.

Lois used her super speed to switch into the new clothes. In moments, Lois had donned the lingerie and fidgeted. “It is a bit loose.” She commented. “How about a nice red sash to go with it?” Clark had opened his eyes and flushed. “Aha!” Lois spied a bright red decorative ribbon that had been tied to a promotional sign. She zipped over, pulled it off and tied it around her thin waist.

Don’t fret, Smallville! I’ll return it when we’re done.” Lois explained before Clark could protest. “One more thing…” She spotted a magic store near the end of the mall’s parkway. She quickly zipped over, and bought a cheesy Mardi Gras type of mask, and tied it around her head.

“There we are.” Lois was quite pleased with herself, though the store clerk was perplexed. “All that’s left is the cape. Tie me up, Clark!” She exaggerated her voice purposely to tease him. Clark tied on the cape around Lois’s throat, letting it flow freely. “What do you think?” Lois was half serious.

“Well Lois, no one will be looking at your face!” Clark flirted, as Lois smiled brightly.

more coming
    Last edited by gardy1; 03-11-2009, 12:35 PM. Reason: chapter update

Comment

OMG! I love it!!!

Comment

Great update. keep up with the good work!

Comment

ppms

Comment

out a royal blue teddy with bright red lace trim.
            Lois and Teddys don't mix as far as I know...

Comment

Thanks for reading, Gabriela17, I was playing the teddy scene for yuks, figuring that Lois would enjoy embarassing Clark a bit. I'd also point out that our Lois has appeared in far less than a teddy on occasion. But thanks for your response.

gardy1

Comment

Edge of Darkness - Out on the Town, con'td

Out on the Town – Chapter 19 continues:

“Let’s roll!” Lois said as she slipped a nice black dress over her outfit. A brightly colored teddy would attract too much unwarranted attention. “We’re going to be a team, Smallville!” She began as she finished the short drive into the Daily Planet parking lot. “We’ll root out the bad guys, snap some photos, and bust the perps by handing them over to the Metropolis Police Department.”

“It sounds simple enough.” Clark replied warily. They parked the car, and Lois tossed on her light gray trench coat. Clark had donned a nice white shirt, blue tie, and dress pants, otherwise they’d stand out at the ritzy Ace of Clubs lounge. “The game is afoot!” Lois quipped as they flagged a cab.

After paying the cover charges at the swanky club, Lois and Clark grabbed a seat in a dimly lit corner across from the fancy oak wood horseshoe shaped bar. “Now what?” Clark pressed. “Now’s the boring part. We have to stake out the place by sitting on our duffs, until something happens.”

Lois responded as Clark nodded absently. A couple of hours later, nothing at all suspicious had happened. It looked like the night of the blur would be shot down in flames. Lois and Clark swapped a number of personal stories about each other. To anyone else, they appeared to be a normal young couple on a date.

Finally after 10 PM, as luck would have it, H K Mosuban walked into the bar with a small, armed entourage. “Bingo!” Lois gestured in Mosuban’s direction as Clark followed her gaze. “What if he doesn’t do anything wrong?” He asked pragmatically.

“Don’t be so negative, Smallville.” Lois countered. “He’s a crook, of course he’ll do something wrong.” Clark sighed and relaxed. At least he was keeping Lois occupied and out of trouble for the moment. Mosuban was talking on his cell phone.

Clark was reluctant to overhear the business mogul’s private conversation. The entourage, meanwhile, took up posts at four different angles from Mosuban. “See that Clark? They’re moving into position!” Lois said excitedly as she sipped an overpriced imported beer.

“They’re security guards, Lois, that’s what they do.” Clark reminded her. “Whatever, Smallville! Mosuban’s waiting for someone, mark my words.” Sure enough, a few minutes later, Rex Rowland and his miniature entourage showed up. “Here it is, Clark! Game on!” Lois took another lengthy sip of the beer. Clark wondered if Lois might very well be right.

He’d seen Lex operate in much the same manner. Now the alien superhero was intrigued. Rex and Mosuban shook hands and sat at a table near the bar in full view of each other’s security detail. Clark’s curiosity got the best of him, and he began to eavesdrop:

“That’s right, Mr. Mosuban. The shipment arrives tonight.” Rowland confirmed. “One hundred and eighty cases, that’s correct.” Clark faced Lois, making sure that the crime bosses and security guards couldn’t read his lips. “There’s a shipment of something coming in tonight.” He spoke quietly to her. “What? How could you know that?” Lois ‘s eyes widened.

Clark pointed to his ears. “Superior hearing.” Lois smirked. “Really? Remind me never to talk about you behind your back.” She quipped. “Nice!” Clark frowned, taking her gibe in stride. “Well, what is it, Clark? Drugs? Guns? Stolen artifacts?” She asked excitedly.

“Ssh!” Clark hushed her. “I might miss something.” He went back to focusing on the crime lords’ conversation. “Yeah, it’s the latest model from Kajikistan.” Rowland was explaining. “The AA13 will revolutionize the way we fight wars in the future.” Mosuban listened, glancing around the room nervously.

“It’s weapons!” Clark hissed angrily. “We’ve got them!” Lois grinned broadly. “Maybe!” Clark corrected. “Don’t forget that they could be legitimate arms dealers.” Lois snorted derisively. “Sure they are, and my Uncle Jack is really Miss America.” Clark cast her a puzzled glance.

“Don’t ask.” She muttered. “Wasn’t planning on it.” He retorted playfully. “Here’s the plan.” Lois lowered her voice conspiratorially. “We’ll follow them with our hyper speed and find out where the weapons are located. What kind are they?” She asked as Clark shrugged.

“Something called an AA13.” He responded as Lois paled. “No! No freaking way!” She exclaimed, barely keeping her voice down. “What?” Clark asked worriedly. “The AA13 is based on an allegedly secret new weapon, created by our own wonderful government, called the AA12.”

“The AA12 was in development a couple of years ago. It’s at least ten times more powerful than an AK47 or Uzi. We’re talking about a gun that can easily annihilate a standard car, turning it into a molten mess.” Lois was horrified. “Clark, a one hundred and fifteen pound woman can fire it, with very little recoil. It’s state of the art warfare technology.”

Clark’s mood darkened as he narrowed his eyes. “Enough weapons like that could upset the entire balance of power anywhere in the world. Mosuban and Rowland, and probably Lex as well, are selling this stuff to the highest bidder, I’d bet.” Lois voiced the obvious: “We have to stop them.”

Clark nodded. “But how, legally?” Lois grimaced. “Legally might not be possible, Smallville. Maybe we should tell Ollie? Did you catch anything else, aerial ears?” She teased. Clark refocused on the grim discussion. “Yes. The shipment…is at a cargo ship…The Montague Bay…in Metropolis harbor.” Clark confirmed. “If we could catch them in the act, we can call the authorities.”

Lois stared at him blankly. “It would be a bloodbath, Clark. Do you really think that the MPD has enough firepower to discourage Mosuban and Rowland?” Clark sighed, she’s right. “What about the Feds?” Lois shook her head. “They’re big government, remember? By the time that they cut through the red tape, the buy would’ve been made, and Mosuban and Rowland would be gone.”

“We’re going to have to take them out.” Lois said with conviction. “This sounds like a job for superwoman!” Clark gasped. “Lois, we can’t just kill them!” She grinned darkly. “Not kill them, Clark, simply stop them with a good amount of force.”

“With our combined strength and speed, we ought to be able to locate the guns, and send them to the bottom of Metropolis Bay.” Lois reasoned. “The Feds can scavenge for them after the fact, on their own time scale.”

“It sounds easy enough.” Clark began to give in. “Superwoman? Isn’t that a bit over the top?” He teased her. “Deal with it, Smallville.” Lois’s eyes sparkled with delight. “Might I remind you that I’m the one wearing the teddy that’s crawling up my…?”

“Another drink, Miss? Sir?” The charming, yet snooty, waiter asked them, interrupting the planning session. After he left, the banter continued. “You picked out the store to shop from.” Clark playfully accused. “True.” Lois admitted. “Maybe I need a new outfit. Something less revealing, but more functional.”

“Can we focus on the criminals, please?” Clark complained. “We don’t know if you’re bulletproof, I am, though lately I’ve wondered. Ever since we left Arizona I haven’t felt up to one hundred percent power.” Lois nodded. “We’ll just have to move fast and avoid any stray ordinance.”

Mosuban and Rowland shook hands and got up from the table. “Here we go!” Lois hissed as she hastily gulped down her beer. Clark finished his drink, just for show, because alcohol never really affected him. He admitted to himself that he was tired, though. That wasn’t good at all.

Clark watched the security teams file out of the club alongside their bosses. He hated to admit it, but being out with Lois, and getting into this cloak and dagger stuff, made him happy. Maybe this whole blue and red blur thing would work out after all, he considered.

Clark paid the check and followed Lois out of the club and into the elevator. Mosuban, Rowland, and the guards were just a bit ahead of them. They had already made it downstairs and into the building lobby. “Ooh! This elevator’s too slow.” Lois complained. “We’d better not lose them!”

Finally, the doors opened and they watched from the concierge desk as the two crime lords led their teams in opposite directions. “They said ‘midnight for the delivery.’” Clark repeated. “We should get there before them to run the sting.” Lois contributed.

Clark heard two limousines leave the underground parking garage and a black SUV followed them at a slight distance. “Ready for a run?” Clark asked. “Not in these heels, Smallville!” Lois smirked as she removed her shoes. “Let’s go!” The two superheroes dashed out into the night.

more to come...
                Last edited by gardy1; 03-11-2009, 12:36 PM. Reason: Chapter update

Comment

I totally love it!!!!

Comment

great update. keep going please!

Comment

Great! keep up!

Comment

Superwoman and the Blue Red Blur

Edge of Darkness

Chapter 20:

Superwoman and the Blue Red Blur

Lois and Clark sped towards Metropolis Harbor. They located the ship ‘The Montague Bay’ and briefly staked it out. Soon the two limos pull up and the creeps enter the ship, walking up the boardwalk, guns drawn. Lois grabs pictures of the ship, it’s name, it’s crew, and the license plates of the limos.

“We need a distraction.” Lois offers. Before Clark could protest, she speeds away. Shaking his head, he silently vaults atop the deck, and skulks around. Clark zips through the large freighter and uses his x-ray vision to locate the correct cargo.

He rips open a box filled with guns, and hauls out a few of the AA13 Assault Weapons. He snaps a picture of them, the delivery address on the crate, and one model number on a specific gun. A crewman catches him, and Clark decks him with a fraction of his power before he could sound an alarm. The crewman falls limply to the floor.

Lois strips to her teddy, and dives into the cold, clear water. She swims alongside the ship and climbs up the ladder, catching the crew by surprise. “Hi boys!” The drenched Lois flirts. “It’s a beautiful night for a swim, isn’t it?” Two of the goons smirk lustily and approach her, aiming their guns downward.

As soon as they’re in range, Lois lashes out with a super powered kick, sweeping low against both goons’ legs, knocking them flat. She gives each one a knee to the chest to keep them gasping for air. Lois kicks their guns off the deck and into the water. Now, the whole ship is alerted. Lois super spins to dry off, and continues on.

One guy fires a round at Lois from the highest deck near the Captain’s Quarters. She quickly avoids the spray of bullets by zipping into hyper speed, and shows up behind the gunman. With a quick karate chop to the back of his neck, the gunman crumples to the creaking, wooden floor.

Clark runs into another crewman, and tosses him into a wall, knocking him out, but the action shakes the ship, alerting the rest of the thugs. Deciding to help Lois, Clark vaults up the stairs to the upper decks just in time to watch Lois physically throw a gunman through a nearby bulkhead.

“Nice!” Clark praises as Lois smiles brightly. “See, Smallville, having a superhero for a girlfriend definitely has its advantages.” She flirts heavily. “Girlfriend, eh?” Clark echoes. “Oops! Did I say that out loud?” She reddens. A new spray of bullets from below and above them interrupted their moment of fun.

The two goon squads fire on them. All this gunplay attracts the Metropolis Coast Guard. Lois and Clark have to subdue all the criminals before they have a chance to attack the police. “I’ll get topside!” Lois says excitedly, on a kryptonite infused adrenaline rush.

Clark dives off the upper level to the lower one, putting a huge dent in the ship’s deck. He races towards the gunmen, deflecting bullets as he goes. One hits him in the shoulder, and he briefly feels it, but it doesn’t pierce his dense alien skin. He doesn’t expect Lois would fare any better.

Clark speeds into the middle of the pack, randomly tossing goons overboard, backwards onto the pier, and into bulkheads. In moments, his level is quiet and secure. Lois is recklessly dashing along the upper deck, and tosses two creeps through cabin doors.

She comes across the final sniper, who has managed to grab a new AA13. He aims it at Clark, and fires before Lois could stop him. The intense blast of the AA13 impacts Clark, searing his clothes, and causes him to lose his footing, falling into the bay with a splash.

“Clark?” Lois yells, terrified that the new weapon had been too much for her intended beau. “You bastard! You killed my boyfriend!” She sidesteps a point blank blast from the AA13, grabs the weapon from the thug, and throws him off the top deck. It’s unlikely that he would survive the fall. Lois had killed the criminal. She finally began to cry, as the adrenaline surge faded.

Clark had been stunned by the blast, recovering quickly. He jumps up out of the water, and saves the creep at the last second, catching the startled man before he hit the swell. “Where is she?” Clark demands, as the thug glances upward. Clark follows his gaze, and spies Lois on the top deck.

Clark climbs out of the water, and smacks the gunman in the forehead with the palm of his hand, knocking him out cold, and tosses him roughly onto the wooden pier. The police boat had been getting closer, though it seemed to be circling nearby waiting for backup.

Lois’s heart beat faster and faster. It felt to her like the organ would explode from her chest. She gasped for air, taking in ragged breaths. Lois slumped over the rail, as the kryptonite wreaked havoc with her internal systems. “Clark?” She called out weakly, as her eyes began to shut.

Lois fell to the metal floor of the uppermost deck, the pounding of her own heart echoing through her mind. Everything went black. Clark pulled himself up onto shore, still dazed, but determined to reach Lois. The energy blast of the AA13 had taken a toll on him, as he stripped some pieces of melted cloth from his body. Once oriented, he gazed up, and didn’t see Lois.

HK Mosuban pounded a meaty fist onto his SUV’s dashboard. “Who could have done such a thing?” He asked loudly. His driver paled. They’d been following the progress of the delivery from a spot near the Metropolis Bay wharf. His rented warehouse, Number 51, was still dark and empty.

“I have no idea, Mosuban!” Rex Rowland said, via a cell phone, from another vehicle in the area. “The crew claims that they only saw two people, a woman and a man. The raiders seemed to come out of nowhere, in their words. The shipment will be confiscated by the Port Authority.”

“I will not pay for undelivered merchandise, Mosuban.” Rowland said angrily. “Neither will Lex, I assure you.” The Middle Eastern business mogul grumbled. “Nor would I expect you to.” Mosuban smiled evilly. He made the gesture of a throat being slit to his driver and another passenger. They gulped, understanding their leader’s instructions. Rex and Lex were to be killed.

Clark doubled over briefly, before righting himself and heading back onboard the ship. In his condition, he probably couldn’t move many of the cases of weapons. In the cargo bay, he decided to take a quick count on his way to the upper deck. “One hundred and fifty?” he muttered aloud.

“Where are the other thirty cases?” He mumbled into the darkened cargo bay. He was certain that Mosuban and Rowland had agreed on one hundred and eighty. Clark stumbled up the stairs at about half his normal speed. He searched deck by deck for Lois to no avail.

Back in the SUV, Mosuban received a phone call. “Yes?” He snarled. “We have a hostage.” A disguised voice said. Mosuban was furious. “What do I want with a hostage? You fool, we’ve lost the entire shipment to the Americans! Kill him!” The voice coughed. “It’s a she, and I don’t work for you. Yet, I have something else you might want. Let’s say thirty cases worth.”

“Really?” Mosuban was skeptical. “Why would I believe you?” The disguised voice was deliberate and controlled. “It’s not a question of you believing me. A fact is a fact. I have what you want, and if you don’t want it, I’m sure I can find someone else who’ll buy them.”

“Do you know who you’re playing with?” Mosuban snapped. “I’m not playing, Mosuban. This is no game. I want some financial consideration. The hostage is merely a bonus.” The voice said calmly. “I’m nearby, but I won’t tell you where until we have an accord.”

“How many do you have?” Mosuban forced a calm into his voice, rechecking the caller’s story. “Thirty cases.” He replied. “And who is the woman?” Mosuban questioned. “I have no idea. She’s cute, and has certain value where I come from.” That told Mosuban a lot.

“I don’t care about the girl.” Mosuban began. “I will offer you one point four million for the remaining merchandise.” The voice laughed. “Do not be insulting. I can get twice that in any gang’s American black market like New York, Chicago, or Los Angeles.”

“Very well. Two point four million dollars, American.” Mosuban offered. “That’s a little better, Mosuban. I will give you half back now, for one million. The balance will be paid when I am safely back in my country.” The voice continued. “Do we have an accord?”

“We have an accord.” Mosuban said as he pulled up a schematic on his GPS of the local area. “Where are you?” He added. “We are near the ship.” The voice chuckled. “No. Not now, not here.” He stated boldly. “I will contact you tomorrow at 10 AM local. Have my money ready.” He clicked off the phone. “How was that, Mr. Luthor?” A dark skinned middle-aged man asked.

“Very good, Captain Ngawa.” Lex replied, as he recounted all of the weapons cases that they’d stolen from the ship. The Port Authority was already boarding The Montague Bay, as Clark searched for Lois. He was almost back to full strength, but she was nowhere in sight.

Clark zipped through the whole ship once more, but hadn’t found her. He hoped that she hadn’t fallen overboard, and somehow became unconscious. She still had her superior abilities to fall back on, but they weren’t always useful, he recalled from personal experience.

Clark gambled on calling her cell phone. He listened for the particular ring. It wasn’t on board the ship, that much was certain. He let it ring, focusing on it’s unique frequency. The phone was across the harbor. He bolted off the ship, zooming past the Port Authority Police.

The Feds would take care of the illicit weapons. His concern was to find Lois. Clark also noted that he hadn’t seen Rowland or Mosuban anywhere. They’d likely escaped, infuriating him even more. Clark sped towards the familiar ring tone. It was coming from a large tugboat.

“Where is this girl?” Lex asked Ngawa. “I am holding her in the engine room of my boat in the bay.” The ship’s Captain replied. “You don’t know who she is?” Lex had his suspicions. “No sir, she was unconscious when we brought her aboard. She’s valuable in my country.” Ngawa repeated.

“She’s probably an American citizen, Ngawa!” Lex growled. “We don’t want any trouble with customs if we decide to ship the weapons out of this country. I can stem the Port Authority’s interest with a certain dollar amount, but kidnapping an American is out of the question.”

“As you wish, Lex Luthor.” Ngawa agreed. “We can simply toss her back into the bay, after dumping some whiskey down her throat. The police will assume that she got drunk and fell overboard.” Lex dismissed him with a wave. “Do whatever you want. I don’t need to know about it.”

Clark followed the ring tone onto the tugboat and zipped down into the engine room. He tore open the steel door, and spied Lois lying on the floor. She’d been tied up and gagged. Obviously she’d lost her powers somehow, he imagined.

“Lois? Honey? Are you okay?” He asked hopefully, ripping the ropes and rags off of her. Clark picked her up and listened. Her heartbeat was very slow, and her breathing was ragged. He stepped back out of the engine room and was met by two angry looking sailors.

“I’m not in the mood.” Clark shouted, in a rare bout of anger. He sped in between them, with Lois in his arms, knocking them off the stairs and onto the deck. Captain Ngawa was just arriving from the warehouse office that he and Lex had been sharing. “By the gods!” He exclaimed.

Clark vaulted high into the air, soared above the dock, and landed on a steel building’s rooftop. He zipped as lightly as he could along the roof’s peak. At the back of the building, Clark leapt over the parking lot, and into the center of a grassy, tree-lined parkway on the street beyond.

He noticed that Lois had stopped breathing. “No!” He yelled. “Lois! Come back to me!” Clark held her nose and breathed into her mouth, pounding lightly on her chest, performing CPR. “One, two, three…” Clark pushed down on Lois’s chest. She gasped and coughed back to life.

He hugged her and kissed her cheek. “Hey now, Smallville…” She croaked. “You sure know how to show a girl a good time.” She joked, coughing some more. Clark smiled with relief. “Did we get the bad guys?” Lois asked, her voice just above a whisper. “Yes, most of them.” He replied.

Back on the dock, Captain Ngawa gawked as he watched Clark’s shadow recede into the distance. “I’ll be damned! Oh well, problem solved.” He spat, and never mentioned what had happened to Lex.

continues:

Comment

OMG! LOIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it!!

Comment

great update...

"You sure know how to show a girl a good time.”
                            Hah... when are these two kids finally gonna hook up? :=)

Comment

Superwoman and the Blue Red Blur cont'd

“Lois, what happened up there?” Clark asked, partially angry, and partially concerned about Lois’s condition. “I’ve no idea, Smallville. I just passed out. The next thing I knew I was waking up in your arms, not that I’m complaining.” She cooed.

“I think you overdosed on the kryptonite power surge.” Clark analyzed. “Lois, you basically had a heart attack. You’d stopped breathing. I had to perform CPR.” She carefully sat up. “Thanks, and here I thought that you were just getting fresh with me.” She quipped.

“Lois, this isn’t funny.” Clark ruined her romantic mood. “I warned you that humans weren’t meant to possess kryptonite super powers. The human heart can’t take it for long.” Lois sighed tiredly, as she considered his words. “I just wanted to help, you know, get the scoop.” She defended.

“You can help.” Clark began. “Think about it. How can you help me if you’re dead?” He asked logically. “Great. Did we at least get the story?” Lois asked in a depressed tone. “Yes, I’ve got the camera hidden near the dock. It’s a good thing, too. That AA13 would’ve fried it.”

“You have looked better.” Lois teased as Clark helped her to her feet. “Said the woman in a soggy, filthy teddy.” He returned the barb. “No problem, I’ll just spin dry.” Lois tried to turn, but succeeded only in making herself dizzy. “It looks like I have an energy shortage.” She joked.

“The power outage could be caused by your body’s rejection of the kryptonite speeders.” Clark reasoned, suddenly remembering that he had their blue k rings in his torn and burned pocket. He was fortunate not to have lost them in all the excitement.

“Did the police ever come? We got all the bad guys?” Lois was all business again. “Will you take it easy, Lo’. You practically, no, you actually died a moment ago.” Clark argued. “Don’t be such a drama queen, Clark. I’m fine. Okay, let’s grab the camera and get some shots of the Port Authority closing down the ship.” He shook his head, but secretly admired Lois’s persistence.

“Fine. I’ll drive.” He joked, scooping Lois up in his arms and zipping back to The Montague Bay. “We didn’t get Mosuban and Rowland?” She asked with disappointment. “No. At least we stopped most of the shipment from getting through.” Clark responded, as he set her down behind an aisle of unopened wooden crates across from the cargo ship, and admired the leggy beauty’s form.

Clark used his super breath to blow Lois dry, and she slipped back into her black dress and trench coat, looking more like a Daily Planet reporter. She pulled the press badge out of one pocket and attached it to a lapel. Clark patched up his clothes the best he could to make himself look presentable. He took over the photo shoot, as Lois dug out her steno pad and pen.

“Darn it all! We’d have had ‘em if I didn’t suddenly go horizontal!” Lois criticized herself. “Don’t worry about it. I don’t think Mosuban and Rowland were anywhere near here when the buy was to go down. They had all of their flunkies take the risk.” Clark informed her.

“You said most of the cargo was found?” Lois picked up on a part of Clark’s story. “Yes. Fifty cases of the guns were already missing when we boarded her.” He replied with disdain. “Really? That sucks! That means two things: Someone double-crossed Mosuban and Rowland, and the AA13’s are still out there.” Lois and Cark exchanged glances. “Lex!” They chorused.

Clark snapped some shots of the Port Authority walking the handcuffed perps down the gangplank. He also caught a few pictures of a fork truck backing a pallet full of weapons cases down the cargo ramp. The MPD showed up just then, and backed them away from the crime scene.

“Excuse me.” Lois flagged a policeman down. “What happened here tonight? Would you care to comment?” The policeman shook his head. “All I can say is that the Feds put a gag order on us.” Clark grabbed a shot of the dock in general as Lois grumbled: “So much for any details.”

Dan Turpin walked up behind them. “Clark? Lois? How’s it going?” She waved at the newly promoted detective. “Hey Dan! Any idea what went down here tonight?” Lois pressed. “We’re not supposed to blab anything about an ongoing investigation.” He replied. Clark pleaded with his eyes. “You’ve got nothing for us, Dan?” The detective glanced around worriedly.

“Word is that two gunrunners were busted. At least their minions were. You didn’t hear anything from me, but the Feds are pissed. They had planned a two-year investigation on the perps. Now, there’s little hope of knowing who’s behind it.” Both Lois and Clark reddened.

“Thanks, Dan.” Lois said pleasantly. “Oops!” She glanced at Clark sheepishly. “Yeah, oops!” He agreed with a scowl. The detective crossed the ubiquitous yellow crime scene tape and headed for the cargo ship. “Look at the bright side, Smallville. We stopped the guns from moving on, and saved a number of policemen’s lives. You saw the hardware these guys were sporting.”

“I can’t argue with that.” Clark gave in. “Good. We’re in this together, partner, right?” Lois asked. “Speaking of which…” He fished around in his pocket for the blue k ring. “Didn’t I hear something about a super powered girlfriend a while ago?” He flirted. “Or was that just the kryptonite buzz talking?” Lois reddened, though she was impressed that Clark faced the issue.

Lois swallowed her pride and answered. “No, that’s what I said…and I meant it.” She looked longingly into his eyes. Clark immediately kissed her passionately, and slipped the blue k ring on her finger. The lip lock lasted for a good long while, until Lois finally gave up, and separated from him.

“Wow! That’s quite a kiss, Smallville. I’m impressed. In fact, maybe I’ll have to stop calling you Smallville, and call you my plus one!” She rambled, taken in by the passion of the moment. “You’ll have to spruce up a bit, if you’re going to be my arm candy. Got that, flannel king?” Lois teased, though she closed in for a second lip lock session.

Clark hadn’t come up with a witty comment, before he was lost in the second kiss. Lois’s memories jumbled together, making her thoughts spin out of control. He smiled brightly as Lois wiped the lipstick off his face. “That’s my lip gloss shade, not yours.” She quipped.

“What’s with the ring, Clark? In Kansas that doesn’t mean we’re married or something, does it?” Lois admired the custom made jewelry. “It’s pretty. That’s not a sapphire, is it?” Clark shook his head. “It’s a sort of commitment ring.” He lied unconvincingly. “If you want to, you know, start a relationship.”

“Really?” Lois hugged him. “You know all the girls will be jealous.” Clark cast her a puzzled glance. “What girls?” He wondered. “Duh, Clark! My cousin Chloe, Tess, Lana Loo, if she ever shows up in Smallville again, not to mention my new…uh…coworker, Catherine Grant.”

“I don’t know if I’m ready to use the ‘R’ word, though.” Lois sighed. “Are you refusing?” Clark asked warily. “No. Not at all, it’s just kind of a shock, you know. Awww! Come here.”
                              Lois kissed him a third time. “I’m not exactly an expert on relationships.” She admitted after another lip lock.

“After my track record, Clark, cupid had to hang up his bow and arrow, and take up golf.” He chuckled, but seemed out of sorts, like the close contact with Lois had messed something up. “How do you feel?” He asked her, worriedly.

Lois smirked. “I don’t know, baby, you’re doing the feeling!” She joshed, making Clark redden. “Tired and worn out, I guess.” Lois continued after a moment. “It’s like the past few days were a blur, and I’ve been on a drunken bender like the old days on the base.” Clark considered that. Could Lois’s kryptonite infection be subsiding?

Perhaps the blue k ring had produced the desired effect of inhibiting Lois’s meteor rock exposure, he mused. There was only one way to be sure, he’d have to get Dr. Hamilton to check Lois out. For now, Clark continued to test her. “Lois, what do you recall about this evening?”

“It’s not over, yet.” She quipped. “It seems a bit hazy. We were on a date at the Ace of Clubs, we saw Mosuban and Rowland cut a deal, and we were here on a stake out of a cargo ship.” Clark rubbed his square jaw. Did the blue k ring affect Lois’s short-term memory? He wondered silently.

“How many drinks did I have before we left the club?” Lois asked. “A few.” Clark answered, being deliberately vague. “Maybe my alcohol tolerance is low.” She guessed. “That’s a good thing, right?” Clark nodded. Lois’s memory was definitely muddled up, he surmised.

Before they could discuss it further, Dan Turpin returned. “Okay you two love birds, while you’ve been making out on the dock beneath the moonlight, I’ve been working. I have a few more paragraphs for you, Lane, Kent.” The pleasant but rough detective informed them.

“The buy was of stolen, illegal weapons.” Turpin began as Lois hurriedly took notes. “We haven’t found any major amounts of drugs, but according to some of the henchmen’s bizarre accounts, I think they’ve been sampling their own merchandise.”

“There were strange reports of flying girls, invisible attackers, a guy being shot and killed, then coming back to life. I think that they smoked or snorted their own dope.” Turpin commented. Clark watched Lois for any signs of recognition, but saw none.

She continued to scribble notes on her reporter’s steno pad. “Do we know for a fact who the big wheels were?” Lois probed, sounding like an experienced journalist. “I’ve got one name I can give you, that’s all the Feds will part with for the media.” Turpin responded.

“Captain Ngawa, out of Nigeria.” Turpin continued. “This guy’s a real sweetheart. He’ll smuggle anything if the price is right, drugs, weapons, slaves, artifacts, and such. We know he was piloting The Montague Bay. Odds are he took it on the lam when we showed up.”

“Okay. Thanks Dan.” Lois said politely, completing her notes. “I guess that’s about it, Clark. I assume you got some good shots for the cover story.” Clark flipped on the digital camera, and ran through the melee photos with her. “Great, we’re all set.” Lois concluded.

Clark was still puzzled by Lois’s lack of discussion about her super abilities. “What is riding up…?” Lois asked as she fidgeted. “Uh…would you excuse me for a minute, Clark?” She turned away from him and glanced down the front of her dress.

“Oh my god!” Lois gasped. Clark held back a snicker. “Is there a problem, Lois?” She cleared her throat. “No, I’m just a bit overdressed for the stake out. Shall we go?” Clark nodded and gazed at the dock scene, holding back any laughter.

more on the way...

Comment

I totally love it buddy!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍