No announcement yet.

Gabe Sullivan and Jimmy Olsen

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gabe Sullivan and Jimmy Olsen

I watched a season 2 episode of Smallville recently and Gabe Sullivan really reminded me of Jimmy Olsen. LOL!

Gabe said he was making dinner in honor of Lana moving into the Sullivan home and Lana said thanks. Gabe replied, "Mi casa es su casserole."

Gabe is quirky. He's fun and funny. He's eternally optimistic despite his crappy job and the hardship of raising an only child. On the other hand there's more to Gabe than meets the eye. He's probably good at his job, he's done a good job raising Chloe before he disappeared into the plot hole, he's given Chloe some great advice over the years.

Jimmy is similar. He comes off as quirky and has way too much energy for people sometimes. He's generally very optimistic and young at heart. But at the same time there's more to him than meets the eye. He was one of five students in Kansas to intern at the DP the summer after his freshman year in High School. He's very ambitious.

Interesting.

very interesting observation...I completely agree w/ you!

~H

Comment

Haha, that is totally true!

Comment

Well... you know what they say... Kids are attracted to people that are like their parents.

Comment

I agree. They are a lot alike in many ways. It's surprising that the characters were never actually introduced (at least not on screen).

Comment

^Oh that would have been delightful.

Comment

Don't mention poor Gabe. That's one plothole that saddens me and drives me crazy! Chloe is such a central character and has so many episodes where they could have used him (the one about her mother atleast or the one when she marries) but instead they drop him into eternal offscreenville. Why not just kill him off??

Sorry. Re:the thread, I do see a similarity. I was a Chimmy fan and think the similarity is part of what makes him so good for her.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎