Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KEakaCK
    Yeah, thats why I stopped going to youtube. Seems like there's alot of people on there posting other peoples work without giving proper credits and trying to pass them off as their own work. Just raises my blood pressure to see people do that crap and have little respect for the hard work and the time that they put into making music videos. I haven't been on youtube in over a year.
    YouTube´s really tried the patience of everyone that enjoys making vids and sharing them. You have to put up not only with the deletion of the sound whenever you upload a fanvid that contains copyrighted music- even if you include a disclaimer- but also with having your whole work or clips stolen by other users.

Several months ago I was invited by a fellow Chlexer to post my work on an alternative place that is open to all ships of the show- Smallville Tube- and so far I´ve had no problems.

Comment

Whats ironic is I usually get more comments on my vids that people have stolen from me and posted on their account!!! WTH?
      Havent been able to figure that out!

I still make em take it down because they try to take credit for it...Although Ive had a friend who made it clear who did the vid so I let him keep it up...
      I had the same vid up on my acct. and on his he got all kinds of comments while I got none...
      Funny as hell...

Comment

Update:

Dainphx messaged me back and said that he put made by KEakaCK in the description. I told him it looks bad that he replies to comments in the video as if he made the vid. Anyway I said though he may have good intentions it still looks bad. He asked me why KEakaCK took his website down.....hmmm I wonder. I didn't tell him I figured that wasn't my place and it was a personal decision.

Note he messagedme instead of replying to me in the comment I left on the vids where others could see. Instead I probably just look like a hater haha. Nice.

I just know how I would feel if it were my vids. Sorry if maybe I crossed a line by saying something to the guy. I did have good intentions

Comment

Originally posted by Lane68
          Funny as hell...
          It really is... (Pathetic too)

Especially when they steal an entire video from one person and then stick it in with another entire video that they stole from someone else. Then on top of that, they still have the nerve to deny they stole anything...

Its one thing to steal individual clips, but to lift an entire video, its like what are you brain dead or something. Its pretty hilarious when the stolen videos are even watermarked by the real editor and they'll still try to deny it.

EDIT: The amount of Wrestling videos I've seen lifted over and over on Youtube is ridiculous...

Comment

Kinda defeats the purpose of a watermark!!!

Comment

I hope this is okay to post, but I wanted to get the word out in case anyone else is a victim of this as well. I just discovered tonight that a few of my SV vids have been the victim of clip/sequence/manip theft by the youtube user buffystake24 and from what I can tell, it seems she may have ripped vids off of other vidders as well since a water mark appears on a few random clips but not throughout and much of the editing varies in style. (Ryan--I am pretty sure she has taken part of your Cluffy vid where you used the song by Pink...)

The vid she posted is a Cluffy vid (yeah, that's Clark and Buffy) and it is entitled "Breathe Me" You can see it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yup1krDky8

The main vid of mine that was ripped off (including entire edited sequences) is of the pairing Chlark and is also set to the song 'Breathe Me.' You can see it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWAk79f7sEo

There are stolen bits throughout, but the most obvious ripped sequences are at 2:28 on her vid and starting at 3:32.

She also used edited bits from my vids 'Stay,' 'Come Undone' and the Bruce/Lois version of 'Breathe Me.' If you view them all it's pretty obvious what has been taken from me.

The sad thing is that the girl left a comment for me complimenting my work which drew me to check out her vids and VOILA! I saw that her latest is made up of a mishmash of my own fan vids.
              Last edited by ferd; 07-30-2009, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Yeah it is, now I'm lazy.. and prolly not good at making a vid like this. But I would never do anything like that P R I C K did, hope they get thier just deserts.

But I have to say Ferd, that it's a great vid. and when i went to check out "his" work the vid was removed by the user. hehe.

Comment

Good god...Here's another one.
                  tnr105 took clips from my alternate smallville intro video and added to his/her video and passed it off as his they made it.
                  Here's the youtube link:
                  This is FAN-MADE I do not own anything, don't sue me.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎