Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~ SV Fan Vids being stolen and posted on Youtube

Hopefully this is okay to post here, if not mods please delete. I just wanted to give a head's up to other Smallville vidders.

I was just informed tonight that some vids of mine were uploaded by someone on Youtube named NewKrypton2.

"Their" Chlark vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-pnCSIT3bM (Added Dec 31, 2008)

And Mine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWAk79f7sEo (Added October 10, 2007)

-------

"Their" 'death of Smallville' vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6AczatJBGg (added November 4, 2008)

and mine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuloc8Kh1Q8 (added July 13, 2008)

The amusing part being that this person commented on my vids 5 and 6 months ago, favorited them and is now claiming them as their own. Plus they didn't even take the time to edit out my dedication to my friend or my name from the end. I have commented to them and messaged them to ask them to remove the vids, but I have to say given the fact that they have commented on my vids they know pretty well what they are doing and that it's wrong.

This person has 17 total Smallville vids uploaded (two of which are mine) so it is very likely some other SV vidders work has been taken and uploaded by this person without credit.

Just thought I would give everyone a head's up in case they have swiped vids from other vidders.

I went ahead and stuck this at the top of the forum because it will be a good place for people to post stolen videos if they find them on YouTube as a warning.

Comment

Thanks Ryan, good idea.

That is awful ferd. It's amazing how people think that someone won't notice their work has been stolen

Comment

Maybe I'm naive and simple minded, but I just don't get posting other people's work and not crediting them (or asking them for permission).

ferd, I love Breathe Me. It's my favorite Chlark vid of all time (and I think I've told you this more than once). I promote it every chance I get. But as much as I love it I would never dream of posting it on my YouTube account. I just hand out the link to yours. That seems like a lot less effort and also it's also the right thing to do.

Comment

Thanks Ryan for making this thread sticky. From my own research, I don't believe one vid this NewKrypton2 has uploaded is their own. They seem to have a think for vid theft.

Thanks Firebunny & WickedJenn I really appreciate the comments. It's very upsetting to me that someone would do this. I mean, we vidders put a lot of time and heart into all of our vids, and the only thing we have to gain is our post counts and feedback. To have someone else getting comments for work they did not do, it's well--sickening to say the least. I don't understand dishonest people at all.

Anyways- Doing a little research around today I did find some messages I received from this little youtube user months back. Now grant you, this is someone who claims to be a diehard Chlarker and Chloe fan and is taking credit for various Chlark vids they did not create. Now, as a Chloe/Chlark fan, don't you think these questions would be self explanatory?

In that one I love that they doesn't even know who Chloe's father is. And um, gee--see how he referred to it as MY Breathe Me vid? Somehow between then and now, they seem to have forgotten who created it...

Comment

Good news ferd, I just check it and the video has been deleted It's great because Breathe me is also one of my favorite Chlark vid!!!!!!! Love it so much!!

Comment

Yeah, thats why I stopped going to youtube. Seems like there's alot of people on there posting other peoples work without giving proper credits and trying to pass them off as their own work. Just raises my blood pressure to see people do that crap and have little respect for the hard work and the time that they put into making music videos. I haven't been on youtube in over a year.

Comment

ugh ppl are so annoying, make your own stuff don't steal other peoples.

Comment

Here is one of Tom's vids that someone is trying to steal on Youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6OMGpT13FE (Lois and Clark : Ache)

The weird thing is that they say it was made by KEakaCK in the description. However, when people leave comments saying what a good job the person did, they accept the comments and act is if they made the video. One person asks what software the person used to make it, and the person says WMM, etc.. Why credit someone in the description and then act like you made it in the comments?

* After further investigation of the person's profile, they have a crap load of Tom's videos uploaded. The person's profile is here : http://www.youtube.com/user/dainphx
                  Last edited by vyperman7; 06-23-2009, 11:02 AM.

Comment

What kind of satisfaction does people get by doing this ?? That's too bad.

Comment

That's soooo messed up that he is doing that. I just went to his profile. What a douchebag. I can see why Tom closed his website. All that hard work just for someone else to take credit for it. Lame.

Comment

Are you for real? People are doing that? That's just wrooooong.

Comment

That is lame that they would take credit for other people's videos.

Comment

Can I just say, Ferd, your Vids are incredible... the amount of work you have obviously put into them is astonishing and i think anyone who would claim that as their own is a disgusting human being. I hope these kind of situations don't happen very often, and I'm glad you've brought it to people's attention... perhaps the more people that notice it, the more we can leave negative comments on stolen youtube vids letting other viewers know they are stolen and hopefully embarrasing the user or getting them banned from Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by vyperman7
                              Here is one of Tom's vids that someone is trying to steal on Youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6OMGpT13FE (Lois and Clark : Ache)

The weird thing is that they say it was made by KEakaCK in the description. However, when people leave comments saying what a good job the person did, they accept the comments and act is if they made the video. One person asks what software the person used to make it, and the person says WMM, etc.. Why credit someone in the description and then act like you made it in the comments?

* After further investigation of the person's profile, they have a crap load of Tom's videos uploaded. The person's profile is here : http://www.youtube.com/user/dainphx

I posted on three of Tom's vids that Dainphx put up that he should put in the description that he didn't make the vids. Maybe if this bothers anyone else they could comment on them as well so others can see it. Even if he just deletes the comments. If no one does that's ok it just makes my blood boil and I had to say something to him.
                              Last edited by Cat_Atak; 06-24-2009, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎