View Poll Results: Lois Lane's best friend is......

Voters
278. You may not vote on this poll
  • Clark

186 66.91%
  • Chloe

92 33.09%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    I think I would have to say Clark. But either way, I don't think anyone has truly been her friend in SV for a while... But I should say the closer to a best friend is Clark.

In the TARDIS - travelling through time and space.
    I chose Clark. Hmmm. She's best friends with Chloe too because of the family bond between them, but and I'm thinking about this now - remember the scene where she dunked Clark in the tub and ran over to pet him or something? And he was totally cool with it? Or am I remembering it wrong? But anyways. This poll should have had a both option.

Tough call, but I also wonder why Oliver isn't on this list. I chose Chloe because she seems to understand Lois more than Clark, but what's interesting...is that on the show, they give you the impression that Lois and Oliver are close "offscreen". I think Lois and Oliver have the least amount of secrets between them, and they can talk to one another about...well, anything. So I'd have chosen Oliver if he were a choice.

One disappointment I've had in Smallville, is that they never make female characters "close". I really wish that Lois and Chloe had a better relationship. I mean, I guess in Lois' eyes, they ARE close...but a lot of Chloe's issues, Lois cannot help with, because she doesn't even know about them...and she's a meddler, so you know she would help.

Imagine if Lois knew everything. It'd probably solve so many issues. Not only between Lois and Clark, but Chloe and Clark as well. Lois wouldn't stand for the strain in the Chlark friendship in season 8 and beginning of 9 if she knew what it was all about.

I guess that's been a staple of Smallville though: secrets.

Clark. Don't get me wrong, she's close to Chloe, but she sees Clark almost every day at work.

Clark of course

Clark, definitely, then comes Oliver.

Forum Whiz
    I say Oliver!

Oliver should be an option He is so supportive of her! And was their for her after the Bride fiasco.

But I would say, over-all her best friends have been Oliver and Clark.

Jimmy when he was alive

Oliver, everyone else seems to irritate her lol. No seriously I just feel they share this bond and understand and care for one another, their friendship just comes naturally.

Clark and lois were great friends in the early years, but are more lovers now than friends, lovers can still be friends I know but their friendship sort of fizzled a long the way IMO.
    Last edited by BlueRanger; 08-20-2011 at 05:21 PM.

Natalie ~ Hope-Zion (Farewell, SV universe)
    In seasons 4 and 5, it was Chloe, though Lois and Clark had been getting close.

In s6, Oliver even said that Clark is one of Lois' best friends, so the change had started IMO, with a 50-50 for Chloe and Clark.

From s7 to first half of s8, it was Clark, and although their friendship remained strong, but with romance blossoming, Clark and Lois became more like lovers, especially s9 onwards, while Oliver took the place of best friend.

Jimmy was a good friend too, but he ended up being dead, while Chlo-Lo went down the drain.

So, after s10, I'd say Oliver. In fact, considering what had happened to Clex from s5 onwards and Chlark in s8 and s9, Lollie was the best friendship portrayed in SV IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ebatcl View Post
    In seasons 4 and 5, it was Chloe, though Lois and Clark had been getting close.

In s6, Oliver even said that Clark is one of Lois' best friends, so the change had started IMO, with a 50-50 for Chloe and Clark.

From s7 to first half of s8, it was Clark, and although their friendship remained strong, but with romance blossoming, Clark and Lois became more like lovers, especially s9 onwards, while Oliver took the place of best friend.

Jimmy was a good friend too, but he ended up being dead, while Chlo-Lo went down the drain.

So, after s10, I'd say Oliver. In fact, considering what had happened to Clex from s5 onwards and Chlark in s8 and s9, Lollie was the best friendship portrayed in SV IMO.
    I sort of agree with this analysis.

Also Jimmy/lois never really had a chance to get there, but were close .

I'd say Clark was her best friend. Being lovers doesn't mean you are not friends anymore, actually quite opposite you become possibly even better friends. If not, then it won't last. I didn't like Oliver's friendship with Lois after he pulled the 180 from Bride where he claimed to be her friend but then started pining after her at the start of S9.

Edit: She even says it in her wedding vows "You're my best friend".
    Last edited by Superboogie; 09-06-2011 at 03:06 PM.

Well Best Friend as a term is ambiguous.

It can mean: The person you are closest with in friend terms or the person you are closest with who is only a friend. Both are perfectly fine definitions.

Quote Originally Posted by borednow View Post
    Well Best Friend as a term is ambiguous.

It can mean: The person you are closest with in friend terms or the person you are closest with who is only a friend. Both are perfectly fine definitions.
    Hmm, aren't those the same thing? If we are really strict there can only be one (1) who is the best; the best friend.

New In Town
    Quote Originally Posted by ebatcl View Post
    I totally agree with you!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast