Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, a government initiative to round them up?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, a government initiative to round them up?

I was defending Heroes to some, saying that this season was a lost cause, but the shark had not been jumped yet, there is still a chance for Volume 4, and then they go and pull this nonsense. I wonder if Nathan will commission the design and construction of big ability finding robots, that would be totally original.

With the amount of criticism that Heroes gets for its similarities to X-Men how the *heck* could they think this was a good direction to go?

I dont understand it too I thought that this volume was called Fugitives because everyone will try to hide because of Sylar but I didnt expect this option of running Goverment?????? who cares they never get them all

Comment

The only thing I hate about TV shows / movies, is eventually people are going to run out of ideas. If you want to do a show about people with powers, you're immediately copying X-Men. If you want to do a show about a guy who has a monster inside of him that comes out when he's angry, it's immediately Hulk.

I mean, there's ripping off a show, then there's doing something similar but in a completely different way. Now, I'm not saying it's not a rip off of X-Men, because it is extremely similar, but if there were good guys with powers and bad guys with powers, eventually someone in the government is going to decide "good or bad, lock them all up, they're too powerful". I mean, if we someday evolve into having powers, we'll all be ripping off X-Men.

Comment

Originally posted by Harrison_Bergeron
        I was defending Heroes to some, saying that this season was a lost cause, but the shark had not been jumped yet, there is still a chance for Volume 4, and then they go and pull this nonsense. I wonder if Nathan will commission the design and construction of big ability finding robots, that would be totally original.

With the amount of criticism that Heroes gets for its similarities to X-Men how the *heck* could they think this was a good direction to go?
        i think we will just have to se because heroes i think is going the correct direction they can not hide there powers forever!

Comment

How dare they rip off the haulocast. I mean. Really. People being persecuted for who they are!

People, this isn't a new X-Man rip off. This is a time honored tradition in the human history that when you are met by something 'different' than yourself you want to subdue/conqure and then enslave that thing for an amount of time and if you can't enslave it the next idea is to eradicate it. When people eventually come to their senses they send out apologies and then that race/religion or in this case, people with abilities spend the next however many years with a hatred and resentment, rightfully so, towards their oppressors.

This is dangerous grounds for Nathan to go. Considering the consequences if just Peter is free to roam.

Previously when seen in the future it was Sylar rounding up people with abilities. This time it truly will be Nathan.

The government really doesn't know what they will be firing up when this starts. You can't nuke your home land, and when the so called terrorists cant be spotted by looking at them the only other option is to do dna testing and that only works for people who submit. those who run will fall off the grid.

It is an awesome story line with huge potentials. Why WOULDN'T they do it?

Comment

^ Has lots of potential yes ... but what the hell was Nathan thinking really i mean he's going to try round these people up , whats he going to do .... Ask Nicely , He know how powerful some of these people are an no amount of swat or what ever he plans to send after them will be able to stop them i.e people like Peter .. Sylar Maury etc unless offcourse he does go for the whole giant robot plot ... but that wouldn't be very suttle now

Comment

Remember, just like in Batman Begins, the ending.

Gordon says

'We use assault rifles, they get armor piercing bullets' 'we get super heroes, they get super villiains'

This plot line will bring out anyone with a decent ability that has a bone to pick with the government and start a major war.

Also similar to the 4400 script that when Collier made their own city in the middle of seattle. Government wanted to take it down, the people with powers fought back.

Gonna make for a ton of good story lines, and hopefully battles.

If all it is is 3 months of heroes trying to hide before we have to wait for any real action and backlash I will be disapointed. But if they start into the action? Great.

Comment

True it will be interesting to see how it all comes about and maybe finally we'll get to see and actually super-powered fight .. last time i had any hope of that was season 1 finale ... and we all now how much of a let down that peter sylar confrontation was , it'd be also cool to find out what there going to offer these people to work for them .. ya know he catch these people in then we lock you up to ain't going to work for them and also i do believe that they still have a copy of the formula plus Suresh will probably be making more

Comment

I dunno if I'm going to like Fugitives since it seems like it's going back in the direction of the future featured in season 1. D=

Comment

They'll never catch my baby Daphne! She's to fast for them!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slyph
                      I dunno if I'm going to like Fugitives since it seems like it's going back in the direction of the future featured in season 1. D=
                      uhm are you nuts thats what made the show bad ass!! I think I speak on the behalf of everyone that we all miss season 1 and that we're glad its shaping into it again

Comment

I also couldn't help but think "Genosha" when we saw Nathan ratting on the Heroes at the end. But let's face it, this was totally inevitable if they were going to be realistic in handling the show's whole premise. I was just thinking before this last episode that it was surprising and unrealistic that the gov't hadn't gotten involved yet. I mean, they *do* track reports of strange stuff from around the country in real life, if initiatives like Project Blue Book are any indication. So I was surprised that the incidents in the show weren't getting investigated by the feds already.

But, sooner or later, either they were going to catch on to the fact that there were people with special abilities, or one of the Heroes was going to turn stool pigeon. So, they can't dodge the bullet any longer (cue President looking at Matt Parkman's papers... "Telepathy"... hmm, that's could be useful). But please, don't accuse them of plagiarizing X-Men, not until they get rounded up and have de-powering collars put on their necks.

Also, it's not impractical to suggest rounding up the Heroes when a privately run company was already doing it. The gov't has plenty of resources for this kind of thing, and they might also go the Primatech route and employ Heroes as agents in their operation, which would mean they would *definitely* succeed, more than Primatech ever could.

Comment

All people with abilities will fight back and I thought that people with guns might last long with people who can lift cars, time travel, telekinesis. But who knows?

Comment

if u have followed this show since season 1 u could tell that they would eventually do this...i mean everytime they go to the future the heroes are fugitives...and the x-men similarities of course there will b some but i highly dought we will c sentinels coming after them

Comment

Does no one else remember a "a few years in the future.." episode from season 1 where the government was rounding up "supers" with Gestapo-like zeal?

Sure, it was after the nuking of New York, but still... It's obviously a story line that Kring wanted to play with again.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎