No announcement yet.

Peters Power

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JW_102792
    Well, technically Arthur completely took his powers. All of them. He didn't copy them, he took them. And there's no reason to believe they would go back to the original owners when he died, because that wouldn't make much sense. Peter's DNA was still set up to use his absorbing power, he just had it taken away, so his body could still absorb powers, he just didn't have the actual power.

I think what the formula does, is force-manifests a power. So, Peter's DNA was still set to have a power, like I said, so the formula re-manifested it. And then what the Catalyst does (more speculating) is changes the DNA to allow a power. As we saw with Peter, he didn't pass out (because his DNA was already configured to allow powers) but Ando passed out while his body reconfigured his DNA. Mohinder also passed out, because his body was trying to change his DNA to allow powers, but he didn't have the Catalyst, so it mutated him.

Seems like a pretty good theory to me.

Also, I think if Peter could only use his powers for a short time after absorbing him, it would be pretty cool. It would mean he can actually be smart (He's only dumb because he's so powerful) but not unstoppable. Which would you prefer, a Peter who's an idiot and can't die, or a Peter who's so smart with the use of his powers that he doesn't die? (IE, Sylar)
    Actually... I think labeling Peter as "dumb" or an "idiot" is a major exaggeration. Sure, he's had his moments of indecision, but "dumb"???... really?

He struggled early on particularly because he has a good heart... he actually cares for others (imagine that) and has been trying to understand his powers all at the same time.

With that said, I think Peter's now ready to be the decisive and powerful hero we've been waiting for.

Comment

Agreed ^^

I don't think Peter is "dumb." Peter has gotten all these powers over a short amount time. He didn't really know how to handle himself, so I can see his mistakes being plausible. Then he got them taken away. This most likely taught him to be strong without his powers, which before he had his powers, he wasn't because there was no need.

Now that Peter has his powers back, I think he will be able to control them with more sense because he now realizes how powerful he actually is and understands them more. I hope that all makes sense

So overall hes not "dumb" just had powers and didn't know the full capacity of them

Comment

alright think about this if someone took your memory card and deleted all the data and completely cleared it out and gave it back to you how would you get all the data back?? basically arthur took peters powers which made him human that means he has nothing to store all of the powers he absorbed so they were erased when he injected himself it only triggered the code in his dna to reactivate giving him his absorbing ability back being how nathan was right in front of him he took his power and flew off thus being the reason why the writers giving him that cut on his cheek to show us that he didnt heal it at all so his powers are restarted.

Comment

he was reformatted

Comment

Originally posted by dimefan90
            he was reformatted

Yup, we now are on operating system Peter 2.0...

Comment

Originally posted by Lexgirl33
              Agreed ^^

I don't think Peter is "dumb." Peter has gotten all these powers over a short amount time. He didn't really know how to handle himself, so I can see his mistakes being plausible. Then he got them taken away. This most likely taught him to be strong without his powers, which before he had his powers, he wasn't because there was no need.

Now that Peter has his powers back, I think he will be able to control them with more sense because he now realizes how powerful he actually is and understands them more. I hope that all makes sense

So overall hes not "dumb" just had powers and didn't know the full capacity of them
              Oh I definitely agree, he's not dumb, but that's what everyone always complains about. That he has a power he could use in X situation, but doesn't, so apparently that makes him dumb. How many people would really remember every power they have and remember to use that power every time they needed it?

While I think the whole idea of making him do dumb things (IE, helping Adam after people told him he's going to release the virus) is lame, if he were to be as smart as Sylar all the time, there would be no show. Teleport to the villains (Before he lost his powers) and telekinetically cut their head off. Bam, done. Heroes is over. But with Sylar, he's at least a villain, and not as powerful because he has to kill someone to get their power, so anyone with a powerful power like Hiro's could just get away before he kills them.
              Last edited by JW_102792; 12-17-2008, 11:23 AM.

Comment

I think hiro might get a different power, because time control is just too powerful as well as dangerous. He'll probaly get teleportation back, like in jumper. I agree about Peter being more decisive now.

Comment

Thats why i loved the episode Eclipse and then events that followed Peter.

He wanted to show himself that he could be strong without his powers. He was unprepared for the responsibilities prior his abilities being taken away. But now that he's ready, and been given a second chance, he will be able to use the powers more effectively!

He's not naive anymore..at least... not as much as before.

I can relate to Peter, being at the top, then falling to the the bottom, makes you experience the climb to the top differently.

Comment

If he retained his empathy ability he wouldn't have all his old powers that he absorbed back. He absorbs as he goes..his original power is simply copying..so essentially if he really does have empathy (and hopefully not just flight by random selection) then he's a clean slate and has to start all over...which isn't too hard

Comment

lol ^ You don't seem to want Peter to have his old ability back ?

There must always be another to balance the equation ... Peter's the + and Sylar's the - <

Comment

The empathy ability means he has to feel their emotions or he can just use the powers at will?

Comment

Originally posted by Curium
                          lol ^ You don't seem to want Peter to have his old ability back ?

There must always be another to balance the equation ... Peter's the + and Sylar's the - <
                          Wait what? Nothing in my post says that...it simply says if he does have his original ability back he won't have the abilities he picked up pre-arthur.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Superboy2
                          The empathy ability means he has to feel their emotions or he can just use the powers at will?
                          He absorbs the ability automatically, but can only initiate it when he feels the emotions of the person he took it from.
                          Last edited by j-kent; 12-19-2008, 01:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I like the idea of him being able to pick the power if he wants it.

Comment

If Peter gets powers from Ando and Daphne will he be able to time travel by himself?

Comment

Possibly but I'm guessing he will bump into Hiro.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎