X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

i said obama too when i saw that guy

Comment

Bring on Data, or Ezri Dax!

Comment

i think they did use a black actor for the role of the president to imply that this story is very much set in present day, with the present america has now

however i don't think it's fair to say that obama is the new villain. they are making a point of what happens when governments find out about abilities, a point that has been made time and time again. 'the establishment' is always looking to control, to harvest etc. Nathan has always been a part of the establishment and therefore a part of that. the nod to the president was just to show how far to the top Nathan has reached

Comment

Obama is a Klingon. Pass it on.

Comment

Originally posted by Slyph
            If you read Beeman's blog, they filmed this before the elections and decided to go with Dorn for the role of the president. Just a mere coincidence that Obama got elected in the end.

Does NO ONE acknowledge this?

Comment

i would love to be ruled by klingons...but i don't like the live worms....blood wine has to taste great!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by taolbi
                Does NO ONE acknowledge this?
                I was about to post it if Slyph hadn't beaten me to it. (having just finished reading what Beaming Beeman had to say about this episode)

To recap:
                They shot this episode in October.
                The American election which Obama won was held in November.
                Last edited by kent_eh; 12-18-2008, 08:54 PM. Reason: credit where it's due. And I can't spell.

Comment

Originally posted by kent_eh
                  I was about to post it if Slyph hadn't beaten me to it. (having just finished reading what Beaming Beeman had to say about this episode)

To recap:
                  They shot this episode in October.
                  The American election which Obama won was held in November.
                  That and most of this season has taken place in march of 07 why would they jump to 09 just to have president obama running the search for the people with powers?n what they wouldn't and this is just a random actor playing a random president that happens to be black wow amazing.

Comment

[Mod Edit]
                    Last edited by STFanatic; 12-23-2008, 04:20 PM. Reason: Violation of KryptonSite rule #3

Comment

Exactly, it's just Heroes ripping off classic 24 while they also continue to rip off The 4400.
                      Not that I won't be watching - at least for a while longer. I can't quit you Heroes! And who has said that Michael Dorn is playing a villain? We've just met his character and the only villain I saw in that short scene was Nathan.
                      Originally posted by Yoshua
                      Morgan Freeman in the day after tomorrow.

The insurance guy on 24.

The insurance guys TV brother on 24.

Recently and well before Obama we have been seeing presidents on the screen. This is actually the FIRST since Obama was elected to be president.
                      ----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

I second that vote for Data and throw in Captain Janeway!
                      Originally posted by STFanatic
                      Bring on Data, or Ezri Dax!
                      Last edited by FotW; 12-24-2008, 03:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎