No announcement yet.

Obama?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HowardFilms
    I just watched the last part of fugitives again, and it looks pretty damn close to me. And if not, why did they keep him out of focus, and only show like his chin, then his eyes in extreme close ups?

If he was generic US president, no reason to have him at a different shot size than Nathan. These aren't random choices, they are deliberate filmmaking decisions.
    Do you even know who Michael Dorn is?

Go look him up on IMDB

He is muscular and wide. Not fat. Just there.

Obama is Skinny and tall.

Their facial features are nothing alike let alone their ears. Go actualy look at the actor then come back and tell us if you think they look alike.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3018364928/nm0000373

The only thing they have in common is being black.

Comment

I just watched the last part of fugitives again, and it looks pretty damn close to me. And if not, why did they keep him out of focus, and only show like his chin, then his eyes in extreme close ups?

If he was generic US president, no reason to have him at a different shot size than Nathan. These aren't random choices, they are deliberate filmmaking decisions.
      They actually do show his complete face for about 4-6 seconds. He is black, but doesn't look like Obama.

Comment

I never knew who michael dorn is till now and i dont think he looks like obama....but it doesnt change the fact that when nathan said Mr.President to Michael dorn, people are goin to automatically think "obama"...

Comment

Obama is the bad guy for volume 4? hahahaha

Seriously? This makes up for volume 3, it totally does.

i thought the same thing and also i heard that obama loves heroes!!

NO JOKE!!

Comment

That's cool if Obama Likes heroes. I wonder if he's a trekkie too?

Comment

In defense of the thread creator, I don't believe he in any way meant that the Micheal Dorn president looked anything like Obama.

I think he meant that they used an Afro-American as the president because of Obama.

Please correct me HowardFilms if I am wrong.

Comment

I think it was Deep Impact that Morgan Freeman played a black president. One of my favorite movies. Where was it stated that Obama likes Heroes?

Comment

If you read Beeman's blog, they filmed this before the elections and decided to go with Dorn for the role of the president. Just a mere coincidence that Obama got elected in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by STFanatic
                    In defense of the thread creator, I don't believe he in any way meant that the Micheal Dorn president looked anything like Obama.

I think he meant that they used an Afro-American as the president because of Obama.

Please correct me HowardFilms if I am wrong.
                    Ahem...

Oh he wasn't just black, he looked like him! It was clear what they were goin for.

I would assume him saying 'he looked like him' meant he thought...he looked like him.

Comment

Either way, I am happy they went with President Worf

Comment

Oh I love Michael Dorn as well, as the Star Trek actor with the singular distinctions of having appeared in just plain more Trek than any other, and appearing with 3 different 'crews' of trek (He was in Next Gen, the entire series, DS9 for 3 years, he played his own grandfather in ST 6, then also appeared in 7, 8, 9 and 10 thats a decade worth of tv series and 5 movies!) he is a Trek icon. I'm a huge fan of the Worf. I'm very glad hes on here, bad guy or not.

Comment

Oh Mr. President! Do u think we can save the cheerleader save the world?
                          Mr. President: Yes we can!

Comment

Yes, it was a deliberate filmmaking decision, but not for any reason that you think. It's because it's Michael Dorn. Another Start Trek cameo. They used the same type of shots when we first saw George Tekei, and when we first saw Nichelle Nicholls. They did it for the big reveal of the actor.

Comment

Better than obama!!!!!

Lieutenant commander Worf!!!!!!!

Comment

For the record, I don't think the actor himself looks like him. But the extreme close ups made the insinuation pretty clear. THOSE shots were tight enough to look like Obama.

And as for another Trek star being on the show, will it never end? haha.

I for one wouldn't mind some more superhero cameos. Stan Lee in season 1 was great.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎