No announcement yet.

Plot Holes in this Episode?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by znz212
    how the hell did Arthur teleport back in time. Who did he absorb the power from? If he already had it, why did he steal it from Hiro in the past in order to send Claire back to the future?
    He stole the teleportation/time travel power from Peter when he took all of his powers, and I'm guessing he took it from Hiro so he couldn't go back to the future and mess things up even more.

Comment

if i were sylar i would look hard for a person that has eyes in the back of his head. steal that from them so that he will never be snuck up again. c'mon hiro snuck up on sylar, now claire. dang it sylar you need to grow eyes in the back of your head.

does anyone else think sylar has a crush on claire? maybe that's why he was picking on her so much. good thing they're not really related.

Comment

Originally posted by znz212
        None of these are plot holes. No-one is rationalizing. You're just wrong.

1. Young Hiro likely doesn't know what's fully going on. He may not have even seen his mom dead yet. Maybe he's repressing his emotions.

2. This is a different time line. We don't know how or when he got the other scar. Is it a plot hole the Knox is now dead even though he was in the future before? Yah...exactly.

3. Sylar lost all his powers and had to regain them. He had already killed the super-hearing woman, so he couldn't get that power back.

People are being WAY too picky. The only major plot hole/continuity issue I've had was is the last episode, how the hell did Arthur teleport back in time. Who did he absorb the power from? If he already had it, why did he steal it from Hiro in the past in order to send Claire back to the future?
        pete. he took peters abilities remember?

as for sylar - i dont think he lost all his powers, otherwise his telekenisis (sp?) wouldnt have been there after he healed himself.

Comment

Not everything that hasn't been explained is a plot hole. Nothing on your list Newb is a plothole in any way, shape or form. Perhaps you should read up more fully on the definition of that word.

Young Hiro- most kids, hell most adults, do not find out about the death of a loved one and go right into crying and sobbing. Usually, they react just like young Hiro did. Just kinda there. Little numb. Add to that that adult Hiro giving young Hiro a 'mission', something to focus on, and with Hiro's sense of duty bam...makes perfect sense.

Oh dear lord, the scar thing. Following your logic, because he did not get injured in the same place we saw him have a scar many years down the line that means, in your head, you don't think the futures we've seen in various incarnations in this show should be mutable or avoidable. Using your logic then, the entire show would be a plot hole as the future we saw in S1 was changed, then the future we saw in S2 was changed. And now, the futures we've seen in S3 has changed, but in your mind....thats just not possible. If Peter can't either avoid getting said scar or having a scar in a different place, then nothing else about the future visions should be changeable either. Right, Newb? Has the entire show since they avoided the explosion in New York been a plot hole then?

Sylar's hearing power...I do keep seeing lots of indications that SYlar did loose a number of his abilities that he had acquired. I will give you that if this is the case, it has not been explained to my satisfaction either. Perhaps too, Sylar has to actively 'use' certain powers, as if he still had the hearing power just like the original person did, he would suffer like she does and be wearing headphones all the time, clearly he doesnt. I don't thing Claire being able to sneak up on him is a plot hole, simply something that hasnt been fully explained yet. Does he have all his old powers still? Does he need to activate them to use them? We just don't know yet.

Comment

Well, the writers confirmed he lost all his previous powers from the Shanti virus, so it -was- explained, just not openly I guess. It was in an interview, not on the show, but it's from the writers nonetheless. He only kept TK because it was his first power he stole, and IA because it was his original power. Everything after that is gone (Until he cured himself of the virus, that is)

Comment

Originally posted by Newb
              Young Hiro not mourning the death of his mother?

Peter's scar on the wrong side and not healing once he got his abilities back.

Sylar not being able to hear Claire's heartbeat before she stabbed him in the back of the head.
              1- He was mourning. If you know anything about losing someone you know everyone reacts differently.

2-Future is not yet written. Nothing is on the wrong side. The past is set in stone for the current timeline, everything they live through has already happened. The future is changeable. Not to mention we don't know if he has his healing ability back yet. Claire was no where around and the only abillity he has shown thus far is flight. Nathan was right there to give it to him. He would have to come in contact with each person to get their abilities again.

3-Agreed. They always overlook his not hearing things he should be hearing. You COULD chalk it up to him not focussing that ability, but..... the person who had it originally couldn't turn it off. She had to listen to rap music 24/7 to keep it in check so he should have heard her.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by haydenclaireheroes
              the only one i can answer is the claire one because sylar did not have that power ever since the shanti virus.
              Sylar didn't lose any abilities due to Shanti. They were shut down and reactivated. If he lost any abilities he would have lost them all.

He still has them.
              Last edited by Yoshua; 12-16-2008, 09:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

This plotholes are not plotholes but about loosing of Sylar old powers I think he will regain them in future maybe he just to try practice them and than he maybe get them back

Comment

Originally posted by JW_102792
                  Well, the writers confirmed he lost all his previous powers from the Shanti virus, so it -was- explained, just not openly I guess. It was in an interview, not on the show, but it's from the writers nonetheless. He only kept TK because it was his first power he stole, and IA because it was his original power. Everything after that is gone (Until he cured himself of the virus, that is)
                  That interview was before he got his abilities back.

If he lost them he would have lost them all. When he got healed he had telekinesis. That isnt a natural ability for him. He stole it.

So day one they contradicted themselves.

Comment

^oh yeah, huge plothole. There is no doubt that this show is not always consistent (they do all sorts of absurd and convenient things, to fit the story they're telling). I've brought it up before too, Sylar should have all his abilities back. Not just some, so what the heck happened to his super hearing. Basically they just threw it out the window so that they could make him more vulnerable or whatever, to do scenes like the one earlier this year where Sylar was watching HRG talking about killing him from afar but he couldn't hear him. And so people can sneak up behind him. Because how else could someone like Claire ever get the better of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshua
                      That interview was before he got his abilities back.

If he lost them he would have lost them all. When he got healed he had telekinesis. That isnt a natural ability for him. He stole it.

So day one they contradicted themselves.
                      http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=18281 8 days after the Season 3 premiere, confirming he lost all his powers from the virus ("Nope that’s right. Sylar’s starting over. Getting a whole new slate of powers as he goes. You can count Jesse’s voice powers into the mix as well"), except TK, their reasoning being (in the next BTE; "for some reason, he was able to hang on to telekenisis. We’ll learn a little more about the effect of his first murder in chapter #8 of this volume — “Villains”" Although, we never really got a definite explanation of why he kept TK.

So, he lost everything except his original, and TK for whatever reason they were going to give us but didn't. (Or they gave it to us and no one caught it) and started over from there.

Comment

if sylar lost all of his powers y he still had ted and isaac´s powers in the future?
                        writers are saying one thing and doing other

Comment

Well, I'd say it's pretty obvious that he found a way to get them back. It's not really a mistake (I mean, it could be, but it's also easily explainable, so I don't think it's a plot hole)

Comment

How about how Ando and Daphne return from the past with Hiro. I follow how they got back in time (going faster than the speed of light).

Comment

I think thats one of the things you have to chalk up to them wanting to not waste time with an explanation. It might be a plot hole, but I think it's more they just expect you to accept what happened. They would've had to come up with a way for them to get back. I agree, it doesn't make sense running fast = back in time, then how did they get back? But it's not really bad writing, it's just not important. They got back using the same method they did to get there, it just wasn't something that made a lot of sense.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎