Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stolen Heart

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

You dissapoint me. It wasn't a kiss. But it was better: Clark told his secret to Lois. She wasn't so surprised, it was like they were having just another normal conversation and I like that. Bring the next update soon!

Comment

pretty good update, the only problem i had was clark calling himself a "alien" because i think he hates that word, but other than that keep up the good work and ppms
      Last edited by trojan20; 01-02-2009, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Nice updates! LOVE Selina! glad you included her. Maybe this means a 'happy' ending for Bruce? (as happy as the Dark Knight can get, of course)

I look forward to seeing what happens next!

Comment

Great update. Glad he told Lois but who is Selina, I can't remember her character? Hope she lets Bruce down easy, cause I love Bruce just not with Lois.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLois
            Great update. Glad he told Lois but who is Selina, I can't remember her character? Hope she lets Bruce down easy, cause I love Bruce just not with Lois.

Selina is catwoman one of Batman's love interest

Comment

(embarrassed) I knew that!* blushing*

Comment

post next chapter quick

Comment

cant wait for more

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLois
                    (embarrassed) I knew that!* blushing*
                    of course you did! there was a moment when saturn somehow covered the moon causing a second of momentary laps in memory!! right? lol

Comment

great update! I can't wait to read more

Comment

loved the chapter! i really liked the conversation between lois and clark. and hopefully selina's character for bruce instead of lois...
                        ppms

Comment

Please post soon. We're dying to see what happens next.

Comment

Alejandrita439- I’m so glad you liked it! Thank you so much for the awesome comments! And you’ve been very patient for the kiss. Can you forgive me? I can only hope the wait is worth it.

Leanne XX- Thank you so much! I am so happy you are enjoying! And actually you are not too far off the mark. The kiss is just around the bend! Thank you for waiting; I promise you won’t be much longer.

Isabel14- I’m sorry to have disappointed you. But I’m so glad you enjoyed Clark and Lois’ talk! And I can’t keep you in suspense, so I hope you like this new update!

Trojan20- I can’t believe I missed that! You’re right! Haha, oops! Thank you so much for the feedback- I am so glad you are enjoying!!

Dreamsofnever- I’m glad you liked Selina- I love her too! And we’ll have to see what path the Dark Knight takes. I am so glad you are still enjoying! Thank you for the awesome feedback! I hope you like this update!

LuckyLois- There’s no need to stress! I had almost posted that last chapter when I realized I had spelled Selina with two e’s! I think I’m going to take that momentary lapse of Saturn over the moon, if you don’t… And thank you very much! I am very glad you are still liking the story!

Mr. Lane- I’m glad you like Selina as she is one of my favorite characters! And I thought it was Neptune? But if you say so…

Madcloisfan- Thank you! Of course, here it is!

Schrutebucks- Wow, thank you! I hope you like this new update! And I love your username by the way. The Office is awesome!

Svandadamluv- Thank you so much!! I’m so glad you liked Lois and Clark’s conversation. And Selina and Bruce do have more script… we’ll see where it goes! I hope you like this chapter!

Chapter Nine

Bruce’s face changed when he opened the door and saw Lois outside. Lois saw the surprise on his face and then the uncertain smile as he let her in. He was still dressed in his tux slacks, but above the waist he only had his white button-up shirt on. The top three buttons were undone, showing a V of well-sculpted chest, and his sleeves were rolled up to his elbows, showing tanned, muscular forearms. Lois looked away as he led her in and he quirked an eyebrow just slightly.

“I thought you were going home,” he commented.

“I was,” she said, sitting down on one of the comfortable chairs in the room they had walked in. She didn’t recognize it. Bruce nodded and leaned back against the chair opposite.

“Is everything all right?” he said, looking at her, but she could tell that he already knew the answer. She raised her head, meeting his gaze.

“How much do you know about Clark Kent?” she asked, trying to probe the waters. His eyes didn’t give away anything; he shrugged slightly.

“About as much as you probably.” Lois stood up, taking a step toward him.

“That isn’t the truth,” she said softly.

“It might be,” he replied, not looking away. She took another slow step forward uncertainly. They stood, separated by five feet of space. Lois found her voice after a few minutes.

“Are you the Dark Knight?” Bruce held her gaze for a long while, then slowly turned his eyes down silently. Lois felt her breath taken from her quickly. “You are,” she whispered. He glanced back up at her, waiting for her next move. She sat down in the chair he was leaning on.

“You and Clark know about each other?”

“Yes.” Lois glanced at him, surprised at the frankness. His eyes were on the wall closest to him, as if he were reviewing things in his mind.

“For how long?”

“A while.”

“Before I came to Gotham?”

“No.”

“Before he came to Gotham?”

“No.” She exhaled, curiously relieved. “Why do you do it?”

“Maybe for the some reason Clark does.” He shrugged again. She studied him, then slowly shook her head.

“I don’t think so.” He glanced back down at her with a wry smile.

“My parents were killed in Crime Alley. And the Dark Knight was born there.”

“So… it’s a vengeance kick.”

“It started out as one.” He looked away again. He didn’t have to explain; she understood. And she was as proud of him as she was of Clark, but she didn’t think he’d take it like Clark had. Instead she slid her hand over his.

“Did Clark tell you tonight?” he asked, his fingers skimming hers.

“He told me about himself. I kind of figured you out on my own.” He laughed; the sound was a little harsh.

“You came to say goodbye?” Her heart sank. Well this is what it had come to, didn’t it? What choice did she have? She had let her heart grow connected to Bruce’s, and it was going to hurt to pull away.

But it could kill her to stay, to pull away from Clark instead.

“I don’t want to,” she said, keeping her eyes on the floor. Bruce nodded.

“But you have to.”

Ironically, painfully, he was the one who understood that more than anyone else could, more than Ollie or Clark. She whisked at the corner of her eye angrily, and Bruce’s fingers closed very gently around hers. They stayed in that position for a few minutes before Lois already stood. He met her eyes with a sad, ironic smile. She tried to smile back.

“I’m sorry,” she said.

“Don’t be. I’m not.” She shook her head, but he just continued to smile.

“Thank you for all that you’ve done for me,” she said. She bit her lip, then felt the words starting to float up from her heart into her mouth, the last thing she could ever say, the last thing she could ever give, to both of them. “I-” Bruce leaned forward and kissed her, his lips warm and soft this time, careful to be light. She kissed him back just as lightly feeling the liquid warmth just behind her eyes this time.

“I loved you too,” he said. She nodded slowly. As much as they didn’t want to; they both were moving on. They had to. A call interrupted her thoughts and she pulled it open, taking a few steps back and turning.

“Ollie?”

“Lois, Lex has been found.”

“What?” She pushed the cell phone tighter to her ear. “Is he in Metropolis? What’s he-”

“No, he’s in Europe.” Oliver sounded annoyed. “He’s hiding.”

“So… he’s not doing anything.”

“No.”

“Why hasn’t he come back to Smallville?”

“I don’t think he wants to come back.”

“So what? That’s just the end of it?”

“Far from the end of it. It’s just that the people in London will have to run from him instead of the people in Metropolis.” Lois pushed the end button, her mind swirling. Lex had found out Clark’s secret and then disappeared. Did he have a tiny sliver of wisdom in him after all? Well, whatever the case, she wouldn’t have to worry about him if he was in Europe. Tess would undoubtedly be at his side.

It was actually a shame, that Lois wouldn’t be there to uncover all the crimes they liked to commit for entertainment.

Maybe there was a Vicki Vale in London.

Lois turned back to Bruce.

“The person who escaped Arkham was Pamela Isley?” He nodded. “The street name for her is Poison.”

“Not very original,” Bruce agreed. “Considering she always leaves bodies strung up in poison ivy.”

“And there were others not accounted for on the rosters,” Lois said. “Jonathan Crane recently escaped.”

“Scarecrow,” Bruce nodded. “They’re together, but not alone.” Lois frowned. “The crimes. That have been committed. They reek of Joker.”

“Why would he go to all this trouble just to have a little villains party?”

“He does things because he wants to. He has no reason at all.”

“Unquestionably insane.”

“Unquestionably.” Lois looked away.

“I hope you have luck with them.”

“I will.” There wasn’t an ounce of uncertainty in his voice. She smiled.

“Can I ask you something?”

“Shoot.” She gazed at him for a minute. “Selina…?” He smiled, his gaze traveling to the floor. Then he looked back up at her.

“We’ve been very close before. I haven’t seen her for a while.” The knowledge lifted a weight off her chest.

“Does she prowl the rooftops too?” He didn’t say anything and her eyes widened. “Wow. Maybe I should grab some leather.”

“You never needed it,” Bruce said sincerely. That was her cue to go. Thankfully, the farewell wasn’t as hard, because they had already said it. He accompanied her to the front door and kissed her on the cheek.

“I’ll be reading of your exploits in Metropolis,” he said.

“Don’t be afraid to drop in.” She joined Alfred in the car. Bruce had some business to take care of, no doubt. She smiled.

“I’m sorry that you’re leaving so soon, Miss Lane,” Alfred said as they drove back into Gotham.

“Me too,” she said, looking at him.

“Both Mister Wayne and I quite enjoyed your visits.” She nodded.

“I enjoyed them too.”

“If I may?”

“Of course.” She turned her attention to him. He paused, his hands sliding slightly on the steering wheel. “Mister Wayne isn’t one to commit. Oh, he is capable of love, that’s not what I’m saying. But since his parents’ death, he’s always been distanced. Your visit was good for him, Miss Lane. I’m not sure if you would have stayed, you two would have got the happy ending, if you know what I mean-” She nodded. “But he let himself care about you like he hasn’t in years. And it was good for him. For once he got to see someone he cared about become happy instead of getting hurt. And it will give him a little bit of peace.”

“He deserves peace,” Lois said. “He’s one of the best men I’ve known. I cared about him too.” Alfred nodded.

“I know you did.”

“Will he let Selina-” She glanced at Alfred and after a moment, he nodded again.

“I think so, Miss Lane.” She grinned and he turned to look at her, letting himself smile also. “Mister Wayne and Miss Kyle get along very well, though their relationship is a multi-faceted one. It keeps them both on their toes.”

“Just the way it should be.” They drew near to the building and Lois glanced out the window. “Could you drop me off here? The building’s only a couple blocks away and I’d like to walk a little.” Alfred smiled and nodded. They pulled up to the curb and Lois paused to look him in the eye. “Thank you for everything, Alfred.”

He kissed her hand.

“I hope life is good to you, Miss Lane.”

The cold attacked her as soon as she got out. She wound her coat so tight around her that she could have been mummified and started the short walk, glad that the wind was able to blow away the coils of stress that had been taking root in her brain.

And Clark was still waiting for her.

Clark… She finally let herself soak him in; everything that she had been trying to forget, his sweetness, his sarcasm… the way they made a perfect team. She had missed him, even when he was in Gotham. And now it was finally all right to say everything, to move forward, into what they were both waiting for. He had said everything she wanted to hear. And now she was ready to commit. To him. To Metropolis.

She smiled as she drew nearer, her pace picking up.

A slight whistling behind her drew so near it was practically in her ear.

Just as she whirled back, something whipped her across the face and slammed her into the brick building, and then something was snaking up around her, constricting too quickly. She violently snapped her arms out and tore it off her, her hands bloodying quickly.

Wait… was that… a vine?!

Lois backed up quickly, sizing up her attackers.

One was a woman; her skin was slightly green and she was wearing an odd leafy dress, but one thing was unmistakable; she had red, red lips, and red hair, and she was looking at Lois as if she were prey.

The other was a lithe man dressed in a business mood, but his head was covered with sackcloth; something that would have good to store potatoes in. It was altogether eerie.

The green woman- Lois had no doubt that it was Poison- advanced on her with a predatory smile and Lois leapt forward and delivered a high jump kick, snapping her chin up.

The green woman let out an angry screech, her hand going to her face as red blood the color of her lips stained her face. Lois edged away with a glare.

“Back off. You picked the wrong girl.”

“No. I think we picked the right one.”

The man with the sackcloth stepped forward and sprayed something in her face. A shadow flew at her just at that moment and Lois cried out, twisting madly and plummeting to the ground.

The man in the sackcloth caught her, dragging her toward a prison, a black prison on wheels where she could see men with knives, and demons with faces that were somewhat familiar, but too tainted with malice to actually be the people she loved.

“Stop it!” she yelled, twisting, clawing at the door. The dark started to crawl around her, and in it, she heard her mother screaming, screaming for mercy, screaming for life.

The man in the sackcloth shoved her back against the wall of what felt like a van but was really a dank dirty prison wall. And all the while, the knives were glinting, and the demons were grinning at her, and her mother was screaming, screaming…

Lois put her hands over her head, hot trails of tears streaming down her face.

“Help me!” she cried. “Clark! Bruce!”

“Shut up,” said the man, holding up his hand to her again threateningly. She cowered away again, covering her eyes. It didn’t shut out the sounds, the itching on her skin.

“Clark!”

Comment

wow what an action packed chapter!!

i hope lois is going to be alright as i'm sure clark will find her and lex is he going to be back shortly?

ppms as i need to know

Comment

wow.. awesome.. just an awesome cliffhanger
                                i cant wait for next chapter..

ohh i hope clark can save her

so now lex luthor will be back? :O

i love your story

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰