Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who thinks Arthur is dead?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Arthur could resist the Haitian's ability, what made it so hard for Peter when he had the powers?

Comment

Originally posted by jazzylg
      If Arthur could resist the Haitian's ability, what made it so hard for Peter when he had the powers?
      BEcause the writer's didn't feel like giving Peter this resistance. Another plot hole?

Comment

I think it's pretty definite that Arthur is dead. Colour me shocked if he is resurrected somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzylg
          Originally posted by Newb
          BEcause the writer's didn't feel like giving Peter this resistance. Another plot hole?
          Yeah it's all quite silly and convenient. We've never seen the Haitian really have problems before, it seemed to be something that he could just turn on and forget about it, like an invisible field or something, not draining him in any way. Didn't matter who was around or how many freaks, they all became powerless (with the exception of Sylar perhaps, because of his IA? I think I remember NinthDoctor explaining that once.). But now suddenly he's all "Arthur's too strong!" and straining himself like Hiro does when he's on the toilet--no wait that's his face when he teleports. lol This show constantly changes things to fit whatever they want to do next. This season especially has been all over the place and wacky. (I mean don't get me started on how dumb Adam's death was. heh)

Comment

I'd like to think that Arthur was actively trying to use his 'mind' ability (since it controls the brain) to stop the Hatian's ability for a split second or so. But if he was, he should've been at least sweating or tired, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderman
              Yeah it's all quite silly and convenient. We've never seen the Haitian really have problems before, it seemed to be something that he could just turn on and forget about it, like an invisible field or something, not draining him in any way. Didn't matter who was around or how many freaks, they all became powerless (with the exception of Sylar perhaps, because of his IA? I think I remember NinthDoctor explaining that once.). But now suddenly he's all "Arthur's too strong!" and straining himself like Hiro does when he's on the toilet--no wait that's his face when he teleports. lol This show constantly changes things to fit whatever they want to do next. This season especially has been all over the place and wacky. (I mean don't get me started on how dumb Adam's death was. heh)
              The way I see it he can turn it on and people within a certain radius lose their powers. He can also choose who doesn't lose their powers (Matt/PHiro in 5YG) If someone fights hard enough, they can use their powers (Arthur, Matt). So for all we know, the Haitian wasn't tired, he was just fighting really hard to keep the barrier up between Arthur and his powers. (Think of it as Professor X from X-Men, with the psychic barrier's in Jean's mind.) Just as an example, think of it as like, in Arthur's mind, a mini-him is trying to get to his powers, but mini-Haitian is beating him up trying to stop him, but Arthur is eventually getting there. When Sylar came in, the Haitian was busy fighting Arthur, with all his focus on him, so Sylar was able to use his powers.

As far as Peter not breaking through the Haitian's barrier, he had no idea he could, or that the Haitian was doing it. Arthur did. He knew the Haitian's power, and it's limits. He knew if he fought hard enough he could use his powers.

It's not really a plot hole, it's just not something they jumped out and said "Hey, here's how it all works!" They leave the powers limits open so they always have an opportunity to say "Hey, their power evolved." We don't know anyone's limits. They let us try and think of an explanation to how everyone's powers work, which is what I like.

Anyways, as far as Arthur being alive or not, I think he's dead. To kill him like that then bring him back would be silly, especially considering he was so powerful. They brought Sylar back to replace him, imo.
              Last edited by JW_102792; 12-12-2008, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderman
                This season especially has been all over the place and wacky. (I mean don't get me started on how dumb Adam's death was. heh)
                Totally. While I didnt like Adam returning, when he did, his role/character was fun to watch. His death in that way was completely senseless and retarded. This is exactly why Heroes is losing their viewers. However, there will always be a few to rationalize the plot holes or not even fess up that they're plot holes. Its those viewers Kring keeps, no matter how bad the writing gets.
                Last edited by Newb; 12-13-2008, 02:03 PM.

Comment

I think they're trying to give this show some stability, and in order to do that they need to kill some characters, so I'd say he is probably dead.

Comment

Originally posted by JW_102792
                    The way I see it he can turn it on and people within a certain radius lose their powers. He can also choose who doesn't lose their powers (Matt/PHiro in 5YG) If someone fights hard enough, they can use their powers (Arthur, Matt). So for all we know, the Haitian wasn't tired, he was just fighting really hard to keep the barrier up between Arthur and his powers. (Think of it as Professor X from X-Men, with the psychic barrier's in Jean's mind.) Just as an example, think of it as like, in Arthur's mind, a mini-him is trying to get to his powers, but mini-Haitian is beating him up trying to stop him, but Arthur is eventually getting there. When Sylar came in, the Haitian was busy fighting Arthur, with all his focus on him, so Sylar was able to use his powers.

As far as Peter not breaking through the Haitian's barrier, he had no idea he could, or that the Haitian was doing it. Arthur did. He knew the Haitian's power, and it's limits. He knew if he fought hard enough he could use his powers.

It's not really a plot hole, it's just not something they jumped out and said "Hey, here's how it all works!" They leave the powers limits open so they always have an opportunity to say "Hey, their power evolved." We don't know anyone's limits. They let us try and think of an explanation to how everyone's powers work, which is what I like.
                    Nice reasoning JW, I can live with that I guess. But it still seems they constantly change things to fit whatever they want to do next. It would be nice if they stayed a little more consistent, so viewers wouldn't scream "plot hole" every single week. I don't know why they feel the need to constantly change things...it's hard to care about anything the show does when almost everything is so temporary/transient (including characters, which this series has a habit of killing off or changing just when things start getting interesting, or before having used them to their full story potential--Adam being a good example).

Originally posted by Newb
                    Totally. While I didnt like Adam returning, when he did, his role/character was fun to watch. His death in that way was completely senseless and retarded. This is exactly why Heroes is losing their viewers. However, there will always be a few to rationalize the plot holes or not even fess up that they're plot holes. Its those viewers Kring keeps, no matter how bad the writing gets.
                    They completely butchered how they handled Adam. Here's a guy who's been around for centuries, and they did absolutely nothing with that story potential. They apparently only brought him back so Arthur could be healed--even though Arthur could have healed by just taking Peter's powers, which he eventually did anyway. And now they've apparently killed off Arthur too--so Adam died for nothing in every way possible. lol Why did they spend an entire season developing the big Adam=Kensei reveal only to kill him off so quickly? For a while I thought Adam couldn't really be dead because his death was so stupid, but given the amount of time that has passed, that no longer seems likely.
                    Last edited by Xanderman; 12-13-2008, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I totally agree they've been changing things too much. Something is important one second (Adam) then all of a sudden he was only brought back so Arthur could heal. What happened to Adam being "the key", I highly doubt she meant the key to bringing back Arthur, since she was so surprised in her vision, and wouldn't want him back alive.

And Newb, like I've said before, I totally agree the show has a ton of plot holes, I just think people jump to the plot hole excuse too much. Just because they don't explain it doesn't mean it's not a plot hole, they just leave it up to your imagination, or leave it open so they can explain it at a later date.

That's like saying any ability is a plot hole because they haven't explained it's full potential. Give them time, or just use your imagination to think of how it might work. Sure, it'd be nice if there were some rules so they don't use the excuse of "their powers evolved", but sometimes you have to let it go so they can continue the story.
                      Last edited by JW_102792; 12-13-2008, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎