No announcement yet.

Plot Loopholes?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plot Loopholes?

Hiro once AGAIN didn't stop time to escape from Arthur.

The Haitian become weak after a few moments in Arthur's presence

If Arthur of the future knew where to find Hiro, then surely he would've jumped to the future to see how he died

Sylar not taking Arthur's brain that had Peter's powers?

What about Arthur's ring

Any way, I can see there being problems with the show and the new super Army and introducing new characters.

Originally posted by Newb
    Hiro once AGAIN didn't stop time to escape from Arthur.

The Haitian become weak after a few moments in Arthur's presence

If Arthur of the future knew where to find Hiro, then surely he would've jumped to the future to see how he died

Sylar not taking Arthur's brain that had Peter's powers?

What about Arthur's ring

Any way, I can see there being problems with the show and the new super Army and introducing new characters.
    It was an unexpected attack, Hiro needs to focus to stop time.

Arthur was actively fighting the Haitian's powers, unlike the last time.

Sylar was the unexpected part of the equation

Not sure about the ring.

I know, I cringed when I saw season 2 and what would have happened if it had continued.

Comment

Even if Hiro stopped time, Arthur has the same power, it wouldn't effect him. If he teleported, Arthur could teleport then use Molly's power that Peter had (Peter should've had it, I'm assuming that's how he knew where Hiro was; I completely forget if it was explained how else he knew where he was)

Arthur has so many powers, it makes sense the Haitian would get weak trying to block them all, the same way Matt gets a nosebleed trying to read minds around the Haitian.

Arthur seeing how he died was the least of his problems, Hiro could've stopped him. He was probably too "Im so awesome" that he thought he wouldn't die.

Sylar seems to be very "not care" right now. About anything. He only took the lie detector person's powers so he could find out the truth. Maybe he didn't care about Arthur's powers.

What about Arthur's ring?

The super army thing is kind of dumb, because in the 4 years in the future episode, they were JUST creating the army. Hopefully they'll explain that Nathan doesn't go through with it until those 4 years have gone by, or something.

Comment

Hiro was surprised again... I dont think the same excuse can be used twice in a row. It's just bad writing, I think.

Arthur being THAT powerful? I don't buy it.

So, it wouldve been more interesting if Hiro and Arthur played cat and mouse going back and forth in time.

Of course Sylar cares about powers.

The ring has some major significance. Dont know what and that was just left out.

The only thing about that scene that was consistent was Peter's hesitation, like Arthur said, too much thinking, not enough action.

I think people need to stop making excuses or rationalizing the jagged writing and come to the realization that the show has too many plot holes and that will be it's undoing.
        Last edited by Newb; 12-08-2008, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Well I can envision Hiro being surprised because no-one expected Arthur to travel back in time. People were wondering how Arthur even knew that quickly that they were there

Comment

Originally posted by Lawliet
            Well I can envision Hiro being surprised because no-one expected Arthur to travel back in time. People were wondering how Arthur even knew that quickly that they were there
            I think Hiro was surprised because the audience was surprised and since it seems like we're finding out things the same time as Hiro and Peter etc - whereas characters like Arthur and Angela had inside tracks. So yeah, I'd buy Hiro was taken by surprise.

He also let his guard down with Sylar. Wonder why he trusted that he could control him so much? There has to be more to the story!

Comment

Where did Sylar get the lighter fluid?

How did Sylar get from the beach to the office building and, get the uniform so fast?

I can kinda guess that he took the uniform and package from a delivery person, but how so fast?

Comment

My theory is that they got teleported there at night, Sylar was done with Elle by early morning and had a chance to find lighter fluid (still makes no sense where he got a half full canister anyways), by mid morning he got back to the city, he gets a delivery uniform and by mid afternoon he kills her
                sounds right i think

Comment

Originally posted by Lawliet
                  My theory is that they got teleported there at night, Sylar was done with Elle by early morning and had a chance to find lighter fluid (still makes no sense where he got a half full canister anyways), by mid morning he got back to the city, he gets a delivery uniform and by mid afternoon he kills her
                  sounds right i think
                  Um...Cough

Comment

yes maybe I over did it...

Comment

It totally think Sylar not at least trying to get Arther's power is the biggest plot hole of this episode. How can he not care about getting pretty much the most powerful power of them all? And how could he not care about getting the 2nd most powerful power, who is the Haitian? He just leaves them behind for no reason at all. The real reason it would've made Sylar too powerful for the show.... Just another example of the writer's dumbing down the characters to advance the plot.... sigh.

Comment

That is the thing about Sylar, he lives in the moment, he doesn't need to hurry because at least in his mind, he can always get them later.

Plus, he said he has a big shopping list on that phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Newb
                          Hiro was surprised again... I dont think the same excuse can be used twice in a row. It's just bad writing, I think.

Arthur being THAT powerful? I don't buy it.

So, it wouldve been more interesting if Hiro and Arthur played cat and mouse going back and forth in time.

Of course Sylar cares about powers.

The ring has some major significance. Dont know what and that was just left out.

The only thing about that scene that was consistent was Peter's hesitation, like Arthur said, too much thinking, not enough action.

I think people need to stop making excuses or rationalizing the jagged writing and come to the realization that the show has too many plot holes and that will be it's undoing.
                          Oh trust me, I have no problem admitting the show has it's fair share of plot holes, I just don't think these are.

Having it in "the rules of time travel" that two time travelers can't stop each other is how they've explained it, it's not an excuse they used. It's just how it is. Yeah, he was probably surprised to see Arthur, but that changes nothing. His power would do nothing.

Why can't you "buy" Arthur being powerful? He has all of Peter's powers, he's manipulative, he's pretty evil, he's smart. Very Sylar-like, but people don't complain about him.

The Sylar not taking Arthur's power thing I can agree with, that's a fair complaint, however easily explained. The writers said they took away Peter's powers because he was too powerful. If Sylar took all of Arthur's powers, he would've been to powerful and they would've had to kill him or take away his powers. You can't have a completely unstoppable villain like Sylar, who's smart, and a fan favourite, and keep him around for more than a season.

I still don't see what you're saying about the ring. It's just his wedding ring. It wasn't left out, it's just not important. It's a ring.

Again, I completely agree the show has it's problems, it's plot holes, but these aren't some of them, as far as I'm concerned. You say people need to stop ignoring the plot holes, I think people need to stop being so quick to call something a plot hole. Think about it first, it might be easily explained.

Comment

and if he were to take arthur's power wouldn't he just get his basic one?

Comment

Originally posted by STFanatic
                              That is the thing about Sylar, he lives in the moment, he doesn't need to hurry because at least in his mind, he can always get them later.

Plus, he said he has a big shopping list on that phone.
                              Yes. And when Arthur is being embalmed, he'll take that part of the brain that he needs.

----- Added 10 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by JW_102792
                              You say people need to stop ignoring the plot holes, I think people need to stop being so quick to call something a plot hole. Think about it first, it might be easily explained.
                              Well....technically, everything can be explained or justified. It all depends on whether you accept the explanation or not. Does that make them any less of a plot hole? I dont think so.
                              Last edited by Newb; 12-08-2008, 10:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎