No announcement yet.

How could Issac know about the past?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How could Issac know about the past?

I thought he was a precog...how could he paint the 16yr ago rooftop meeting then?

He painted what was going to happen in the future - which was Hiro and Claire going to the past.

Comment

true

Comment

Hmm, that's not how I took it. I thought he was looking at an old issue that corresponded to "Company Man" from back in season one.

Comment

We have seen time and time again that a power tends to expand upon what it originally seemed to be (eg: Mind reading becomes power of suggestion) so maybe the precognition became something more like Clairvoyance, the ability to see the future AND the past. When Hiro got baked in the desert he saw the past, yet Usutu saw the future.

Comment

Originally posted by LOONEY
            I thought he was a precog...how could he paint the 16yr ago rooftop meeting then?
            well everyone power developed like matt controling and claire blood healing people mabe his power developed too.

Comment

Originally posted by rocana
              Hmm, that's not how I took it. I thought he was looking at an old issue that corresponded to "Company Man" from back in season one.
              that's how I took it as well

Comment

It's a plothole for sure. I think.

I mean first of all Sam and Frack say the issue when Kaito gives baby Claire to HRG is issue #1 of "9th Wonders!" The last posthumous issue was issue #31, which was probably just released, since Frack was pretty amazed to see himself and Sam in the comic. And being huge 9th Wonders fans they would've read the comic if it had been out earlier.

That means if Isaac was seeing the future and drawing the comic before the events in 'Company Man'
                1) Issac was drawing writing and publishing his own comics at age 11 (if 17 year old Claire is a baby then 28 year old Isaac is 17 or 16 years younger and is either 11 or 12) Unlikely that he'd be doing so to say the least.
                2) Isaac was a pre-cog at age 11. Possible, but probably unlikely that he'd go 17 years without realizing he could draw the future.
                3) Isaac has taken 17 years to put out 14 comics (issue #14 was Hiro in the Future, which came out after Isaac's death). Also unlikely, that means he's averaging less than 1 a year. And since he's managed to put out 17 more issues (to bring us to issue #31) since he died... well he seems to average a fair bit more than 1 per year anyway.

Now if Isaac is drawing Hiro and Claire's future (them going to the past). Well ignoring the fact that precognition shouldn't work that way, he's reading the future, not following Hiro/Claire as they time jump. I mean, it's still the past regardless of what it feels like to Hiro and Claire. IF Isaac was following Hiro (or Claire's) timeline, then the issue shouldn't have been issue #1 but issue #32, the one after Hiro decides to take Claire to the past. All the other 9th Wonders! were sequential why wouldn't this one be too?

So Isaac is probably drawing the past. Since again it's issue #1 of "9th Wonders!" his ability did not change. If he could draw the past (in addition to the future) for issue #1 he should have been able to draw the past all through season 1.

Yup. Another plothole. Oh well.

Comment

Issue one was hiro's story and it started from when he was a kid with his dad on the rooftop but the future hiro and claire being in the window is how the past always happens. They were there the first time because they went back in time. They changed the timeline. So that is both the begining and end of hiro's story as it was drawn by issac mendez. I was really hoping that while hiro was reading through the old comics that he would have said one of my favorite things "NISSAN VERSA" that and "FLYING MAN" are my two favorite hiro lines although "BAD MAN" might be my new fave

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎