No announcement yet.

The Comic Book Guys

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Comic Book Guys

Ha, Seth Green and Breckin Meyer are awesome.

"I heard it from this guy at a convention who heard it from a dude who heard it from another dude."

And it turns out that the 9th Wonders issues were posthumously released. No wonder..

I like how the writers filled in the 9th wonders plothole

Comment

I don't understand why Hiro or whoever, really, doesn't just flip to the last page of the comic to see how it'll all be resolved.

And I still find it hard to believe that Isaac did comics stuff BEYOND Kirby Plaza and it took this long to find out.

Comment

I'm still trying to wrap my head around Seth Green guest starring in Heroes.
        ...Wierd.

And, finally, the writer's filled the plothole! Thank goodness!

Huh. I'd forgotten all about the messenger delivery dude.
        Nice to see him worked back into the story. Season 3 is shaping up so nicely
        it's like season 2 was just a bad dream.

Comment

Originally posted by KryptonSite
          I don't understand why Hiro or whoever, really, doesn't just flip to the last page of the comic to see how it'll all be resolved.

And I still find it hard to believe that Isaac did comics stuff BEYOND Kirby Plaza and it took this long to find out.
          I know!

I'm still confused and laughing about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit Detective
            I like how the writers filled in the 9th wonders plothole

Plothole about the 9th wonders? care to remind me what the plothole was?

Comment

Yeah, I know. Ugh.

Can you actually buy 9th Wonders comics anywhere? Would be cool. I would so collect.

Originally posted by krpto
              Plothole about the 9th wonders? care to remind me what the plothole was?
              They were wondering who was drawing the latest issues of 9th Wonders since Mendez has been dead for a while now.

Comment

Simple because he's hiro he would only cheat and look at the back of the comic if he read in the comic that he did that he has to do everything exactly like how he reads it and in order the comic says or he fears he could destroy the earth.

And for Mr. Ezack as hiro calls him I'm sure he got a few issues done before sylar killed him and as we know from seeing Mr. African Ezack we know Issac isn't the only one who paints/painted the future so other issues could be made by countless people is heroes.

Comment

one of the things about comic books is how stories are planned out way in advanced. at least at most comic book companies. i remember reading some time back at marvel comics that some writers were taken off of one certain comic book and replaced with new writers but their stuff was still being drawn out for months. the new writers eventually took over. the reverse is the worst. having a writer get ill or if something personal happens in their life it can take them away from even doing a story or drawing a comic. especially in indie comics. imagine reading a comic, getting so into it, and then suddenly having to wait 3 months to read the next one cuz the writer and artist took off to get married. ugh. it happened. although there was one writer who had an entire year of stories already done in advance. but he really wasn't caught up with drawing it. i think he could have taken a break and he would still have at least 4 issues come out right after the other.

which makes me wonder how in the world did isaac manage to get those issues to still come out and who's making the money off of it? they're were indie type comics weren't they? he wrote them and drew them himself didn't he? but he must have had a publisher. and if someone did take his stories and draw them themselves, who was it?

Comment

Originally posted by hellnback
                    but he must have had a publisher. and if someone did take his stories and draw them themselves, who was it?

The company?

Thats pretty much where all his drawings go, don't they?
                    Thanks to Simone.

Comment

I dont think it was company but especialy Linderman group

Comment

absolutely loved every minute of the comic book guys cause i know when a fan boy is being teased ....being a fan boy myself.

Comment

Loved the comic guys myself. Loved Hiros line about how he didn't have to grow up because they(the comic guys) had never grown up. I wish they would make the comic guys regulars. This season could use some "comic" relief.

Comment

if you've been following heroes since the first season we've already met the guy who has isaac mendez's last works, unpublished stuff and all that jazz. in season 1 after isaac realizes he's going to die by the hands of sylar he is sending his final story and art (at least that's what's stated in the commentary on the dvd) to the publisher. the fed ex guy, who is asian, happens to be a huge fanboy of the 9th wonder comics. right before leaving isaac gives him a sketch book or something like that (obviously this is what hiro, ando and matt are going after) and tells him he can have it cuz maybe someday it might be worth something. the fanboy fed ex guy can't believe it but he takes it and leaves. eventually sylar shows up and kills isaac. so we already met the guy.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎