No announcement yet.

Dean warms up to Ruby transition

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dean warms up to Ruby transition

Ok - since we can build out topics now I'm going to build out this topic. I think that Dean is warming up to Ruby because he acknowledges that she was there for Sam when he could not be. He hasn't suddenly fallen in love with demons etc.

That being said, I do think that Dean was altered in the pit. He might have more of a tolerance now for demons without even realizing it.

And it's not like Dean is running up and hugging Ruby or anything - he's just acknowledging that this person/demon has something that they can contribute and that he does owe her one for watching out for Sam.

I'm interested in how this will all play out.

Maybe, mostly i think he shares a connection with her because of his experince i hell.

Comment

I don't see where users get the idea that he lightswitched and started accepting demons. First off, he's only accepted Ruby. The Sam/Ruby thing was the catalyst for Dean to trust Ruby, and stop being so hostile. Not to mention that she's saved both the brothers numerous times.

I kinda feel sorry for Ruby, she can't go back to Hell, and can never go to Heaven. All she's got is Sam - probably why she wants him to use his powers - so he can be the topdog in Hell, giving her safety.

Comment

Well I said Dean was warming up to Ruby and listed similar reasons to you - I don't understand why a lot of people have hostility towards Ruby in general - I personally don't like the character but I don't bash her and don't mind her being in the Winchester storyline.

Comment

I'm not a Ruby fan, but I find myself being less and less annoyed by her. I agree that Dean seems to be warming towards her or at least seems to be more accpeting of her presence...not calling her any number of names he has called her in the past

I think he sees that she can be useful and so far she has done nothing to prove herself untrustworthy...I really do think Ruby is a different brand of demon than we are used to seeing on the show.

Whatever the reason it is a development I am actually glad to see. While I will miss all the snarkiness (though I am sure Dean will find someone else to aim it at) I think it will be important to bringing he and Sam back together. Sam has obviously accepted Ruiby into his life and I think having Dean show some acceptance will help their relationship begin to get back where it was, where they trust each other and tell each other everything.

Oh, and these episode forums are GREAT!! Thanks to whoever is responsible!

Comment

I like Ruby, she shows there are shades of grey when it comes to demons. Has a similar effect that Sharon Agathon had on the Cylons in Battlestar Galactica.

Comment

i like ruby =)

Comment

Ruby, to me, seems like the only demon who is acting logically, according to her own best interests. She (and I believe other demons as well) have stated that nobody, not even demons, likes Hell. In fact, they find it quite unpleasant.

The apparently monolithic demon army is dead set on freeing Lucifer so that he can make a new Hell-on-Earth. Why are they doing this?! Earth is a demon's only escape from Hell. Why would they want to make their favorite (and only, unless we count Heaven, which isn't likely) playground into a place just as unpleasant as their home? The only possible explanation seems to be sheer, unthinking hatred of all life. I guess that could apply to demons, but you'd think that intelligent folks would be eager to get away from all that pain and suffering.

Of course, it's entirely possible that Ruby is helping the brothers for some inscrutable evil purpose of her own. If that's the case, I weep for demons' critical thinking skills

Comment

I don't mind Ruby and think she's interesting as long as we don't know why she helps the boys. However, I would loose interest if it became clear that she's helping the boys because she's a good girl and I would hate if she were to become the redeemed demon because of her love for Sam or something mushy like that...
                  I much prefer grey character than black&white ones.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎