Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Bella have never been in Season 3?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Bella have never been in Season 3?

I don't know about everyone here but I never liked her from the start.I just never saw Bella as to having a purpose on the show,besides ticking off Dean & Sam. Ruby is a different story she actually brought something to the episodes. What is everyone's feedback on Bella,would Season 3 had been better without her?

No way, I liked her a lot!!!

The scenes with her and the brothers were so much fun - I laughed so much in "Red sky at morning" (Bella: "When this is over, we should have angry sex." - Dean:"Don't objectify me!" HILARIOUS! )

She's a good actress and I believe that her story has been cut short due to the writers strike.

I would have liked to seeing more of her background story, why she was doing what she was doing. Obviously something bad has happened to her in her childhood, so she made that deal with the demon.

She was a victim, too and I felt sorry for her, when she cried while she was speaking to Dean at the phone and the hellhounds were coming after her.

I'd love to see her again. I mean, she's in hell and so was Dean. Maybe she finds her way back, too, somehow someday?

Comment

Originally posted by Yasise
      No way, I liked her a lot!!!

The scenes with her and the brothers were so much fun - I laughed so much in "Red sky at morning" (Bella: "When this is over, we should have angry sex." - Dean:"Don't objectify me!" HILARIOUS! )

She's a good actress and I believe that her story has been cut short due to the writers strike.

I would have liked to seeing more of her background story, why she was doing what she was doing. Obviously something bad has happened to her in her childhood, so she made that deal with the demon.

She was a victim, too and I felt sorry for her, when she cried while she was speaking to Dean at the phone and the hellhounds were coming after her.

I'd love to see her again. I mean, she's in hell and so was Dean. Maybe she finds her way back, too, somehow someday?
      Actually it was confirmed by Eric Kripke that he had Bella sent to hell.Because so many fans didn't like her and was having a negative impact on the show. Katie Cassidy was just cut out because of the budget for the show. As far as I know Eric has no plans of bringing Bella back. I don't see Bella as a victim time and again Sam and Dean saved her.And each time she stabbed them in the back in the end she agreed to kill them both. In exchange of being released from her contract,she made the deal because she wanted to be rich.So in the end the only person she cared about was herself,when I heard the hell hounds heading for her. I simply waved bye-bye to the screen,I didn't shed a tear for Bella.

Comment

Well, I can only speak for myself and I liked her. The interaction between the brothers and her was so much fun to watch.

AND...I don't believe, she did that demon deal in order to become rich. She wanted to get rid of her father, who obviously abused her when she was a child. And maybe she hated her mother for not helping her or not believing her etc..

As I said before, I would have liked them to dig into her story more.
        She was a victim of her father and mother (?) and actually I don't find it weird that she acted the way she did - I mean, only caring for herself.

Nobody helped her, when she went through hell in her childhood but that demon, so how was she supposed to trust other people easily?

Having her childhood trauma in mind, she actually acted totally in character for me.

Well, that's only my two cents, of course.

Comment

Didn't she have her parents die because of the deal,so she could inherite their fortune? Dean said it best if she had come to them,then they could work together to stop Lilith.Since both Dean and Bela's contracts were being held by Lilith.The brothers had helped her repeatedly when she deserved to die and still she only thought of helping herself.

Comment

Originally posted by Clois4eva89
            Didn't she have her parents die because of the deal,so she could inherite their fortune? .
            No. The reason for Bella to make that deal was her being abused by her father when she was a teenager. I just watched that episode again - 315 Time is on my side.

Her parents were rich, so when they died in that car accident caused by the demon due to the deal they've made, she inherited all the fortune of course.

But that WAS NOT the reason for Bella to make the deal. She only wanted the torture to stop - who would not understand that?

I mean, that doesn't justify the murder of her parents, but she was desperate and the demon caught her in a weak moment....sooooo.....

Maybe you watch that episode again, then you'll understand what I'm talking about.

Comment

I'll have to buy a copy of Season 3 when I can afford to do so. But going by memory when she stole the Colt,that was the last straw for me. At that point I said: She has got to die obviously your views are different from mine.You have a right to you opinion and I respect that I just can't stand her.

Comment

..... obviously your views are different from mine..
                Actually that has nothing to do with a difference in our views. It's not that I interpret Bellas story different than you do, because there's just no room for another interpretation.
                I just wanted to say, that you're wrong about her motive for killing her parents or better, letting her parents kill.

In one of your posts you said, ".....she made the deal because she wanted to be rich.So in the end the only person she cared about was herself", and that's just wrong.

She didn't make the deal because of the money, only to save herself from her parents. So yes, she cared for herself in that moment, but obviously she had no other choice.

This, I say it again, has nothing to do with you thinking about her different than I do - that's a fact, that's her story and the reason, why she has become who she was.

..... You have a right to you opinion and I respect that I just can't stand her.
                Thank you, I respect your opinion, too. But I believe, when you're thinking about Bellas real reason for her behaviour, you might be able to not hate her so much. Just give her a chance.

Comment

It's been awhile since i've seen Season 3 and her last episode.So maybe I mixed up her deal with her love for money,I do recall Dean asking her: how do you sleep at night. And she retorts with 'naked and with money' most of my p.o.v is from Dean and Sam's perspective. You've gotta admit there were plenty of chances where she could've accepted Dean,Sam,or both of their help. It's not like the brothers tried to screw her over,just got in the way of her business deals.For the sake of others which again Bela gave no thought to.

I still don't get how Lilith was her only choice to resolve her abusive parents.Whatever happened to going to the police or telling a friend in confidence?Maybe Lilith reached her before she really had a chance to do any of that? Course we'll never get a chance to find that out,since Eric stated in the past.That Bela will stay in hell because so many fans complained about her.

If i've got one complaint not aimed at Bela,it would have to be her character development. They only had her show up to steal something from the brothers,which angered fans i'm sure,do that over time.And the character becomes predictable to the point where you think 'ok what's she going to pull this time'. To me it was at the border line when she sicked Agent Hendricks on the Winchesters.

Naturally they waited until the end to cram in her complete backstory.Sure I didn't have much lover for her,but would it have killed them.To give a mini backstory episode on her.Like they did with Ruby in the witch episode?.If I had the opprotunity to see an episode like that,then maybe my views of her could've changed.

Comment

It's been awhile since i've seen Season 3 and her last episode.So maybe I mixed up her deal with her love for money,I do recall Dean asking her: how do you sleep at night. And she retorts with 'naked and with money' most of my p.o.v is from Dean and Sam's perspective. .
                    Yeah well, do you understand everything that's told to you so seriously? That was only kind of a joke, she made, when Dean asked her that. That was meant to be sarcastic!

And if you were in her place, you would have loved the money, too. She obviously was forced to live alone and she had nobody to depend on, so she had to be like that. And money can make your life a lot easier

You've gotta admit there were plenty of chances where she could've accepted Dean,Sam,or both of their help. It's not like the brothers tried to screw her over,just got in the way of her business deals.For the sake of others which again Bela gave no thought to. .
                    Yeah, but do you open up easily to others? She obviously had a dark secret in her life, so it's only normal IMO, that she keeps up her protective wall, she's built up through the years and not letting anybody see behind it.
                    It's not that she just could have gone to the boys and say "Hey you know what, I've let my parents kill by the demon because my father abused me etc. etc."
                    Who would do that?
                    She wasn't sure who she can trust but herself, so actually you can't blame her for that, IMO.
                    And it's not that they had so much time to know each other to establish that kind of a trusting relationship between the brothers and her.

I still don't get how Lilith was her only choice to resolve her abusive parents.Whatever happened to going to the police or telling a friend in confidence?Maybe Lilith reached her before she really had a chance to do any of that? .
                    Yeah, maybe, she hadn't had any other person, she could have been able to talk about that. I mean, it's not that simple for victims like her to go to the police and accuse her father for doing something like that. And it's often a sad truth, that victims like her don't open up to their closest friends either, because they're too ashamed of what has happened - as if it was their fault.
                    Actually those poor kids tend to totally shut out all the people, who would be able to help, only because they're too embarrassed to talk about it.
                    And if such a person is all alone and desperate, because he or she doesn't see a way out of that misery, a demon deal might be the only solution in her/his eyes.
                    And Bella was only a teenager at that time, you should consider that fact, too. In that age, nobody's able to always do the right things!

Course we'll never get a chance to find that out,since Eric stated in the past.That Bela will stay in hell because so many fans complained about her..
                    That's a shame actually, because, as I said in my first post above, I really liked her character and the dynamic she brought into the show. It was so funny to watching her interaction with the brothers. She really kicked ass

Maybe, if that season wasn't cut short due to the writer's strike, they would have shown us a little more about her backstory and people would have been able to understand her motives.

BTW, did Eric Kripke really say that? I mean, that they wrote out Bella because the fans didn't like her? Actually I don't believe that this might have been the reason. I guess it was more of a budget issue again.

If i've got one complaint not aimed at Bela,it would have to be her character development. They only had her show up to steal something from the brothers,which angered fans i'm sure,do that over time.And the character becomes predictable to the point where you think 'ok what's she going to pull this time'. To me it was at the border line when she sicked Agent Hendricks on the Winchesters..
                    Yeah, you're right there, it was predictable. Whenever she showed up, you waited for what she was up to do again. But it didn't annoy me at all. (Dean: "Can I shoot her?" - Sam: "Not in public." - HILARIOUS! )

I mean, the brothers had so many different kind of relationships in the show, why not someone, who annoys them, who teases them and who kicks their asses? I soooo love an angry Dean - Jensen's so funny in that scenes with her!

Naturally they waited until the end to cram in her complete backstory.Sure I didn't have much lover for her,but would it have killed them.To give a mini backstory episode on her.Like they did with Ruby in the witch episode?.If I had the opprotunity to see an episode like that,then maybe my views of her could've changed.
                    Yeah, maybe even you would have liked her You see, you should never judge a person only because of what he does. Sometimes you need to see behind them and ask yourself WHY he did what he did. That doesn't mean, that you might be able to accept what he did, but you might be able to understand the reason for his behaviour and eventually forgive him.
                    Last edited by Yasise; 12-07-2008, 03:53 AM.

Comment

Yes Eric said that it was due to fan complaints,unlike some people *coughs* Al Gough and Miles Millar *coughs* Eric Kripke actually listens to the fans. I'd post a link to the article but it's against the rules,but are we allowed to paste articles? I never found Lauren Cohan attractive,Ruby was more to my liking. Or maybe it's my thing for blondes,Katie Cassidy is quite the looker,but Genevieve Cortese isn't half bad. Now I can't decide which Ruby I perfer Katie or Genevieve...why did Eric have to make it so hard to choose?

Comment

So Mr. Eric Kripke is listening to fans...??? That's an interesting thought. Then I do hope very much, that he'll listen to all the fans, who want another season after this one.

I always thought Eric planed this show to have 5 seasons and now I've heard there'll be only 4! The thought alone really depresses me!

I want this show to have at least 5 seasons, Mr. Kripke! Please don't let us down - THANKS!

And concerning the two Ruby's - well, actually that's another topic but me, too, I liked Katie better. Genevieve's acting is just not so convincing IMO. Katie was definetly the better Ruby.

Comment

Yes Eric said that it was due to fan complaints,unlike some people *coughs* Al Gough and Miles Millar *coughs* Eric Kripke actually listens to the fans. I'd post a link to the article but it's against the rules,but are we allowed to paste articles? I never found Lauren Cohan attractive,Ruby was more to my liking. Or maybe it's my thing for blondes,Katie Cassidy is quite the looker,but Genevieve Cortese isn't half bad. Now I can't decide which Ruby I perfer Katie or Genevieve...why did Eric have to make it so hard to choose?
                          Choose Katie Her acting is better IMO. Not to mention shes cuter.

But yes I love the fact that Eric listens to his fans. I did like Bela though.

Comment

Actually Yasise according to Buddy Tv Supernatural has already been granted a 5th Season. It was reported a few months ago that Season 5 was greenlit dunno if it will be the final season though. Eric says he wants 5 seasons but one of his exect. producers,who I can't remember the name of. Is hoping for more than five seasons.

Comment

I think they screwed up with Bella because in the end they did not have enough time to do what they wanted to do really with her character. (Thank you writers strike!) If you remember there was a lot set up for last year but was never done, the Bella story line was just rushed, which is really sad.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎