No announcement yet.

Adam Monroe + Eclipse

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adam Monroe + Eclipse

do you think that if Adam Monroe was still alive during the "Eclipse Part 1" episode, he would have died because of the effect of the eclipse? I also wonder what would happen if he's nearby the haitian's radar. any thoughts?

Ever since I learned about the Eclipse, I've thought of Adam.
    I think that he would have lived through haitian and eclpise because it's seems to be more of a muting of the powers, whereas Arthur took them away.

OK listen up. The Generation this show focuses on is the second generation of heroes, Peter, nathan, Claire, SYlar, Elle, Flint, Knox, Daphne, Matt, etc. It seems that most if not all of their powers manifested 2 years ago in Hero's time coinciding with the first eclipse. Now with the current eclipse their powers are removed/muted, and it is logical to assume they will return when the eclipse passes.

The first Generation of Heroes,Adam (who got a 400 year head start), Arthur, Maury, Linderman, Angela, Kaito, etc. quite possibly had a similar experience, I mean you would think so, but then again Arthur was all confused by the eclipse so it may be just an act.

SO if it did happen before why wasn't kensei affected? The same applies to the Haitian. Which is why I think the eclipse is more of a mute, along with the Haitian, whereas Arthur's is clearly a complete removal that's as far as we know permanent.

Please forgive the rambling nature of my post. It's late and I am ever so tired.

Comment

it makes sense prairie.. thanks for sharing

Comment

Hmmm, I think you just stumbled on a plot hole. There definitely have been eclipses in the last 400 years.

Comment

Originally posted by thedarknight
          Hmmm, I think you just stumbled on a plot hole. There definitely have been eclipses in the last 400 years.
          I agree, unfortunately to introduce logic and facts into the eclipses would ruin the suspension of disbelief. After all, Hiro in Tokyo and one of our New Yorker heroes could not have seen the same eclipse at the same time, as the eclipse is only visible in a comparitively small part of the planets surface.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star
            do you think that if Adam Monroe was still alive during the "Eclipse Part 1" episode, he would have died because of the effect of the eclipse? I also wonder what would happen if he's nearby the haitian's radar. any thoughts?
            i think adam will come back to life but not because of the eclipse!

Comment

Originally posted by prairiefire
              SO if it did happen before why wasn't kensei affected? The same applies to the Haitian. Which is why I think the eclipse is more of a mute, along with the Haitian, whereas Arthur's is clearly a complete removal that's as far as we know permanent.
              if that's the case, then Peter would not get his power back after the Eclipse.

Comment

Hmm, I think the clips can turn powers on and off. I believe Mohinder (who else?) once metioned something about powers ot the posibility to have powers always excist in an individu. I think the eclipse somehow activates or charges the powers. Hmm, i need metaphor here.

Okay, say you have a car. Give it an engine and some fuel. Now turn the key and you can drive. The car always had the parts necessary to be fitted with an engine (cables and stuff like that). Lets say Arthur takes the engine away. No more driving. Now let's say the eclipse acts as a mechanic. At the beginning of the eclipse the key is turned so the car stops driving and at the end the key is turned again so the car can drive again. In the meantime the mechanic takes a look at the cars to see if everything still functions the way it's supposed to. Than he spots a perfectly good car, without an engine (Peter), but with all the other necessary functions to drive. So what does a good mechanic do when he sees that? Right! He reinstalls an engine into the car! And a the end of the eclipse Peter can drive again!

I so love to create really long-winded and overly complicated metaphores

Comment

The eclipse must pause the powers, or charge them up again. Because how else would Adam still live after all those years and the eclipse's. Arthur as well, Arthur is only living because of Adams power i think.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎