Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lana Lang Fans: Why is Lana still a character worth rooting for?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SacredK
    There is still and aura around her, maybe not as bright as season 1, but I don't mind having her around.
    That glow is no aura, that's Kryptonite radiation.

Comment

• Lana-ok

Long-posts-bad

Comment

• Originally posted by Clana Kent
        Lana Lang has always been my second favorite character on the show. I don't exactly know why, but she always had quite good lines and I loved the Clana-kisses/chemistry.
        I'm looking forward to the Bulletproof-kiss.

I'm gonna be really honest with you. I've seen all the Superman films. I liked them, but I didn't like Clois at all. The love Lana and Clark have shared in Smallville has been way better than the love L&C shared in any of the films IMO. L&C (series) excluded, since I did kinda like Clois there.

What I like about Smallville is that it's not just about Clark, it's about all the characters... The plotlines don't only include Clark's life, we get to see everything about the other characters as well! I liked Lana when she found her real father. I liked Lana when she became a witch. I liked Lana when she tortured Lionel... I LOVED Lana when she stole money from Lex. (Never liked Lex, sorry)
        Lana has made a lot of decisions I didn't like, but hel-lo- this isn't real life, there are always things in shows that people don't always like... Like Lexana, Bizzana, etc...

I hope I kinda made my point why I like Lana! (*Not always very good at expressing my thoughts, especially in English *)

I'm hoping Lana will have another 5-epi-arc in a possible S9
        Great post! I agree with you, although I never really liked the witch storyline, but everything else has been good.

----- Added 40 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by TheANIMAL (marcus)
        Lana-ok

Long-posts-bad
        LOL. Well said, The Animal.
        Last edited by Clana4Life; 12-30-2008, 08:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• I don't believe that Lana is best for Clark. But, that doesn't mean you can't cheer for her. She is doing much better than she did last season and infinitely better than in season 1-6.

She's an orphan. Life has been really bad to her. Give her a break.

You people cheer for Lex, and he's dumber than a brick.

----- Added 43 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by actaeon
          Now that they're working the Clois angle, I don't understand why Lana is being brought back. Except as a distraction, to keep Lois & Clark from heating up too quickly. But I don't think they need her for that. There are plenty of other ways to block Lois & Clark, without having Lana turn up again, like a bad penny.
          The same reason they brought Kara back. To end that part of the story. Lana's been around along time. Whether people here like it or not, she has millions of fans. You can't just drop her from the show.
          Last edited by JFalcon; 01-03-2009, 11:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• For once, I'm rooting for Lana because she realizes that her and Clark were not meant to be and is trying to move on. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for Clark.

Comment

• at this point I really donīt get it why she even has fans!
              Clearly she is not worth rooting for.

Comment

• Lana Lang has done some really effed up things in her past. She took things into her own hands when it came to dealing with the Luthor's, stalked Clark, tricked him to get the truth out of him, constantly caused him pain, tortured Lionel and a whole plethora of other things that include becoming power hungry. She could have simply destroyed the technology and the research so that Lex could not get his hands on that suit in season 8 but she didn't, instead she put the thing on because she, for some reason, felt that she was unable to be Clark's equal without the suit.

Despite ALL of the aforementioned things, I root for her because underneath all of that, she is still that sad little girl who misses her parents and wants to be loved. She's done some really bad things, but who hasn't done bad things in their life? Her moral compass is not exactly... right, but it's not completely wrong either. She's a person who believes firmly in the gray area, she lives in the gray area with her morals and that is what makes her not right for Clark. Not because of WHAT she has done, but because underneath it all neither of them are right for one another and I wish it was something that the writers had shown instead of the... well whatever THAT was that her arc in season 8 turned out to be. The word disaster comes to mind, but I digress.

Lana has done really questionable things to make her not my favorite person, however that's no reason not to root for her to become a better person and it's not why I don't think she belongs with Clark. Her reason for not belonging with Clark and not being the best for him is simple, they don't have the same moral compass, they don't work as a couple because they're constantly keeping something from the other person. Secrets and lies are what defined them for their entire run, you cannot base a relationship on those things and expect them to work. Lana Lang loves Clark and accepts his alien side. However Lois Lane loves Clark Kent and is also in love with his alien side. She fell in love with both Clark and the Blur and felt really bad for being so totally in love with two different people. That folks right there is why Lois Lane is the best option for Clark Kent, she loves him completely, she doesn't 'accept' that side of him, she LOVES that side of him. Not to mention, although being very different people at the core they are the same. Especially in their moral compass.

So, do I still root for Lana Lang? You bet your sweet little a$$ I do, she's not the best character out there and I really had issues with her in the later seasons but she's still someone I like. She's someone I want to see be happy in herself, and find her way without her co-dependency, needing a man in her life issue that she had throughout the show. I want her to be the best that she can be and I want her to come back, sans the Kryptonite super suit to Smallville and her and Clark to form a friendship, because although Lana Lang is not compatible as Clark Kent's lover she is still an amazing friend to him.

Comment

• Originally posted by skizzo
                  Because she's easily the strongest person in Smallville. After going what she went through all her life and still managing to come back stronger than she ever was is to commend. She's a fighter, and a survivor. I absolutely love all the layers in her character, I understand where she's coming from with all her decisions, whether they are correct or incorrect at the time. She's the only one I really connect with from the show and the only thing I look forward to really. I love all the parts to her personality, some more than others, but they all add to the complex person (character) she is. I could post about 5 pages on why I really like her, but I really cant be bothered as I get tired of defending her over here. I like her and I know why I do, that's all that matters for me.
                  ITA,It`s obvious out of all characters in smallville,Lana is the one who went through the most in her life.
                  Like you said,i also love all the layers in her character,she`s not one sided like lois and chloe,Lana is a much complex character .
                  She gave the spice to this show and made it more interesting to watch.
                  Smallville is boring without her and Lex.

Also, why are Lana haters voting in the poll? This question is asking us if we root for her, and its obvious if it was just us voting the poll would be 100% yes.
                  i think we can all agree that Lana was the #1 Most talked about character in Smallville,she with all of her controversy never failed to create heated discussions on online message boards which is part of what made this character very intriguing and became the writers`s favorite to write.

----- Added 9 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by JFalcon

Lana's been around along time. Whether people here like it or not, she has millions of fans. You can't just drop her from the show.
                  A lot of people didn`t know the reason Lana left was because Kristin decided not to renew her contract and not because the writers chose to write her off
                  Last edited by Bingo; 02-10-2011, 08:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• I always root for Lana no matter what.

Comment

• I don't know why, but I am drawn to her character. Sometimes she drives me crazy and I don't like her at all, but other times I think she is so great. I think it is because she is the force that teaches Clark how to handle a romantic relationship whilst having his secret. Because of the mistakes he made with Lana, he is able to have a real relationship with Lois. He also sees just why it never worked with Lana, too. I wish she didn't have such a bad rap around these forums, because she is a great person. She just got so jaded by Clark and Lex...almost like "a product of your raise" so to speak.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎