No announcement yet.

Can our Heroes stop the shark?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can our Heroes stop the shark?

I have read all the articles saying my 3rd fave show (Smallville, Supernatural) had jumped the shark. I never believed it. Sure, I would admit to myself that last season was really bland, and the strike killed them, and I knew the super long layoff between new shows would hurt....

But this episode made me believe all that hype.

It was very bland, very rushed, and no real "wtf" moments that normally is on the show.

They lost their powers, I mean, whoopty doo, we all know they will get them back. So they rush a bunch of plotlines crammed into this episode to make as many cliffhangers as they could while the heros have no powers...

Mohinder needs to die, I could care less about him now. I loved him season 1 and 2, when he was always searching for answers... but now he is just stupid, is only being used to add a scientific element to the biology of the heroes, and has the worst plotline going (mutant bug? come on....) I had high hopes when this Mohinder arc started, but they are dragging it out waaaay too slow....

Hiro losing his memory for more than 1 episode? Again, dumb. He forgot everything, but suddenly he can use his powers at will, when it took him a whole season to master them the first time when he WASNT 10!

Shocking twist with Matt/Daphne right? Nope.... so she was crippled pre-powers, so what..... I am interested in their storyline for the most part, but this was just... dumb really. I guess what Arthur has always held over her head was that he could take her powers and make her a cripple again? Bleh

Syler - Elle, a forced out of nowhere relationship that is supposed to be interesting, a love life for our main baddy/goody, 2 mental problems forced together to be one psycho Bonnie and Clyde ripoff.... come on.... its not even interesting

The whole Claire/HRG crap is old too. Same ole fight for 3 seasons, "Im invincible, I can help" - "No you cant, ur my little girl, Im protecting you... wiat nope Im gonna run off again".... old, old old old old.......

Peter and all his powers, being hte main savior, was by far the most interesting story, so what do they do? Strip all his powers so that now he is just a whiney lil [MOD EDIT] like he used to be....

Sorry to seem so pessimistic, I have never posted a bad thread on one of my fave shows before. But my wife stopped watching this show after 2 episodes this season saying it bored her, I didnt see it, but now I do....

Crusoe, House, Mentalist, Crim Minds, Legend of Seeker, have all surpassed Heroes on my "Must DVR" list....

----- Added 55 Seconds later -----

On a side note, Smallville has turned it around in a HUGE way, is better in its 8th season than it was ever been, and season 9 looks likely...

Hopefully Heroes can do the same
    Last edited by Ginx; 11-25-2008, 10:33 AM. Reason: Violation of Board Rule #2

So long as Heroes doesn't go continue this route and eventually nuke the fridge (another saying like jump the shark), then maybe it can still pull itself back up.

I'm actually not against Hiro doing things this way. Just think about it. He's 10. He knows he's a super Hiro. Kids are quite adept at that age (and younger). That's the coolest thing you can be when you're a kid; a superhero. And how he's going about things, that's totally what a kid would do. I'm fine with that. What I'm NOT fine with is the fact that he lost his memory to begin with. Why not just take his powers, and then kill him? Ripped the other guy's head off pretty easily.

The problem with being crippled is probably a lot more difficult than you could imagine. I've got two friends with a degenerating disease that takes away their ability to walk. They'd give ANYTHING to be able to walk and run normally. It's because of this that I feel for Daphne. No one wants to be a cripple. And as I pointed out in another thread, it's sort of the reverse of what happened to Xavier from X-Men. When he lost his powers, he could walk again. And when he got them back, he couldn't.

I've never been a fan of Claire. She's my least favourite character. She does need to die. HRG needs to become a man, and let his daughter grow up to, but at least he's trying by showing her how to defend themself.

What I find funny about Peter is that without his powers, he actually challenges Nathan. He never did that when he got his abilities.

As for Sylar and Elle...well, meh. Everyone needs to get their rocks off at least once, even villains.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin_video
      The problem with being crippled is probably a lot more difficult than you could imagine.

I've never been a fan of Claire. She's my least favourite character.

What I find funny about Peter is that without his powers, he actually challenges Nathan. He never did that when he got his abilities.
      I agree about Daphne. Being able to run super fast set her free from her crippled condition. I would be afraid of loosing my power too.

I also don't care about Claire. For all the seasons now they have tried to push Claire as being the focus point and one of the most important characters. But I guess the character never grew on me and I get tired of her always trying to be pushed as something important in the show.

I didn't think Peter was whiney this episode - I have seen him much whinier lol. I enjoy this version of Peter - telling Nathan what he thought of him was good for Nathan to hear even if it just kinda irritated him.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by gameface25

Mohinder needs to die, I could care less about him now. I loved him season 1 and 2, when he was always searching for answers... but now he is just stupid

The whole Claire/HRG crap is old too. Same ole fight for 3 seasons
      I enjoyed this episode but it wasn't without it's flaws. I guess I don't feel that it 'jumped the shark' but time will tell I guess.

I agree. Mohinder in S1 and S2 was interesting and enjoyable. S3 he's selfish and just dull.

I also agree about the Claire storyline. Any way they try and spin it. Whether it's Sylar trying to get her abilities in S1 or her being the catalyst in S3, she still has the same lines and the same basic storyline. It's boring.
      Last edited by Ginx; 11-25-2008, 10:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by gameface25
        I have read all the articles saying my 3rd fave show (Smallville, Supernatural) had jumped the shark. I never believed it. Sure, I would admit to myself that last season was really bland, and the strike killed them, and I knew the super long layoff between new shows would hurt....

But this episode made me believe all that hype.

It was very bland, very rushed, and no real "wtf" moments that normally is on the show.

They lost their powers, I mean, whoopty doo, we all know they will get them back. So they rush a bunch of plotlines crammed into this episode to make as many cliffhangers as they could while the heros have no powers...

Mohinder needs to die, I could care less about him now. I loved him season 1 and 2, when he was always searching for answers... but now he is just stupid, is only being used to add a scientific element to the biology of the heroes, and has the worst plotline going (mutant bug? come on....) I had high hopes when this Mohinder arc started, but they are dragging it out waaaay too slow....

Hiro losing his memory for more than 1 episode? Again, dumb. He forgot everything, but suddenly he can use his powers at will, when it took him a whole season to master them the first time when he WASNT 10!

Shocking twist with Matt/Daphne right? Nope.... so she was crippled pre-powers, so what..... I am interested in their storyline for the most part, but this was just... dumb really. I guess what Arthur has always held over her head was that he could take her powers and make her a cripple again? Bleh

Syler - Elle, a forced out of nowhere relationship that is supposed to be interesting, a love life for our main baddy/goody, 2 mental problems forced together to be one psycho Bonnie and Clyde ripoff.... come on.... its not even interesting

The whole Claire/HRG crap is old too. Same ole fight for 3 seasons, "Im invincible, I can help" - "No you cant, ur my little girl, Im protecting you... wiat nope Im gonna run off again".... old, old old old old.......

Peter and all his powers, being hte main savior, was by far the most interesting story, so what do they do? Strip all his powers so that now he is just a whiney lil [MOD EDIT] like he used to be....

Sorry to seem so pessimistic, I have never posted a bad thread on one of my fave shows before. But my wife stopped watching this show after 2 episodes this season saying it bored her, I didnt see it, but now I do....

Crusoe, House, Mentalist, Crim Minds, Legend of Seeker, have all surpassed Heroes on my "Must DVR" list....

----- Added 55 Seconds later -----

On a side note, Smallville has turned it around in a HUGE way, is better in its 8th season than it was ever been, and season 9 looks likely...

Hopefully Heroes can do the same
        you said evrything and more what been on my mind

Comment

I think "Heroes" will be able to turn things around for the better. It seems like they are pushing the reset button. I was less confused these past couple of Episodes. If they keep simplifying the plots abit without taking away the "wtf" moments, it could get better. IMO

Comment

Smallville is doing very well, well enough I think they'll get another season.
            As for Heroes, its going okay enough, but it hasn't jumped the shark, at least not yet...

Comment

Did I understand correctly that Smallville got better because its writer's defected to Heroes?

This episode was definitely the shark jump for me. I'll give it time because a little patience really went a long way with SV, but I am very unhappy.

Comment

NO, SMallville got better because the 2 main guys left, and the 4 big writers that had great ideas finally got creative control. But The 2 that left didn't go to Heroes, I think one of their writers early in Smallville went to Heroes when it started, but he is gone now (Loeb)

Comment

I actually thought episode 10 was an improvement, though sadly not enough of one to make me think the show hasn't jumped the shark.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎