Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where the heck are Pete, Martha and Mr.Gabe Sullivan????

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RedKRules
    Alright seriously, where were they?? Pete is Chloe´s best friend, doesn´t Martha ever visit her state which she is senator of ??? and Gabe??!! Come on he is Chloe´s freaging dad, I think if they could had just used a camera man to call Chloe and pretend he was her father would had worked, at least we would know he still cares about his only daughter .....

It only showed me that they never took this wedding seriously ....... so why should I??? It was doomed to fail since its very beggining!! ....
    They are at Forgotten Island west of FOTW Island. Thats where the dumbest writers in the world aka the smallville writers send them.

Comment

If this was another show, then I would believe .... but not in SV ..
      Wait... what?

You don't believe some off hand nonsense excuse because this is SV?

Comment

I agree with the person who mentioned the budget, although for Gabe it IS still strange, since Robert Wisden is not a well-known actor and prob wouldn't cost much.

The fact that Chloe asked Clark to walk her down the aisle, maybe it means that Gabe told her he's can't make it to the wedding (offscreen)?

As for Martha, being a Senator probably has her really busy.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight74
          Why would he be in witness protection? If this is true, why isn't Chloe in witness protection? She's the one who testified against Lionel not her dad.
          He was last shown on the second episode of the 4th season when he and chloe had gone under witness protection. The official line must be that he is still under that protection.

Comment

Originally posted by 27CDruid
            He was last shown on the second episode of the 4th season when he and chloe had gone under witness protection. The official line must be that he is still under that protection.
            What 'official line'? There hasn't been any references to Gabe since s4's Recruit. Like I said before, it doesn't make any sense that he would still be in witness protection with Chloe out and about for the last 4 years. It ridiculous that the writers didn't explain his wereabouts prior to Bride. Total laziness on their part.

Comment

I totally agree with you ...

Comment

Pete could still be on tour w/ One Republic as a Roadie so they didn't contact him

Martha has a state to run

Gabe... is busy watch Lex's Corner with Lex at the end of Bride...

lol Lex's Corner. Just like at the end of bride and the re-used footage in the trailer with tess, at the end of every episode now it'll be like "today on lex's corner, we're watching tess through the mirror... now we're watching clark through a satellite... well, thats all on lex's corner!

... no i am not insane. just partially

Comment

I don't think Pete would have gone, even if he were invited, didn't he sort of Love Chloe in earlier seasons? That could have been awkward.

It's too bad Martha wasn't there, I would have much rather had her come back for a few episodes instead of Lana. I think all Clark really needs to go full Superhero is a little nudge from Mama. (and the goo-goo eyes that Lois will be making over Superman won't hurt either)

Gabe was just dissapointing- for a long time they played it off like Gabe and Chloe meant so much to each other because they were all each other had, now he is just gone. I love how their are like 50 extras at the wedding that nobody knows and a bunch of main characters missing.

I have to agree it was laziness by the writers, maybe they were hoping DD would be so distracting that nobody would notice? Or maybe it has been so long since they wrote about Gabe that they actually forgot Chloe had a father. I can see them now, " What was that guys name? George? Garth? Oh well, let's just send Doomsday to rip everyone apart and no one will care."

Comment

When was the last time we saw Gabe?

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by gin and kryptonics
                    I have to agree it was laziness by the writers, maybe they were hoping DD would be so distracting that nobody would notice? Or maybe it has been so long since they wrote about Gabe that they actually forgot Chloe had a father. I can see them now, " What was that guys name? George? Garth? Oh well, let's just send Doomsday to rip everyone apart and no one will care."
                    I don't think it's fair to call it laziness, I mean they do have budget restricitons and maybe Annette and Sam's busy with other things.
                    Last edited by Krypto_marcus; 01-04-2009, 06:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

[quote=I don't think it's fair to call it laziness, I mean they do have budget restricitons and maybe Annette and Sam's busy with other things.[/quote]

I totally agree budget restrictions could explain Pete and Martha, and I am not particularly bothered by their absence. It's Gabe I have a problem with. As someone mention earlier- a phone call or 2 second mention would have sufficed. If he had been a non entity before (like Lana's sort of maybe kind of biological father Henry) I could let it go, but Gabe and Chloe were close, and funerals and weddings are the types of events that bring out people you haven't seen in years.

I just feel he needed to be there for the wedding to be real, but as everyone pretty much agrees the wedding was bogus I guess it doesn't matter.

Comment

Pete is Chloe´s best friend,
                        Yep, her best friend... Whom she's spoken to once, in four years.

doesn´t Martha ever visit her state which she is senator of ???
                        She's the mother of a friend of the bride. Martha and Chloe didn't interact much and when they did, it was typically just about Clark. You're pretty much asking: "why isn't this random person at Chloe's wedding?" Martha isn't her mother. She isn't a close personal friend. She's the mother of one of Chloe's friends. Who invites the parents of one's friend to their wedding?

and Gabe??!!
                        He's dead. Unfortunately, they didn't make that entirely clear.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎