View Poll Results: Best Mid-season finale?

Voters
242. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jitters

1 0.41%
  • Skinwalker

2 0.83%
  • Shattered

33 13.64%
  • Scare

0 0%
  • Lexmas

10 4.13%
  • Subterrenean

1 0.41%
  • Gemini

5 2.07%
  • Bride

66 27.27%
  • Pandora

124 51.24%
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Best episode before the famous Smallville break...

We all hate the month break don't we?
    what is the best episode that we've had before the big break?

Ferte in noctem
    i do hate breaks, bu they have lives to

For me this is a toughy, Shattered, Bride and Lexmas are my favs though.
    It's a a tie between Shattered and Bride though for me.

I vote for Bride, but Gemini and Shattered are following close behind. All of the characters seemed to be written perfectly in Bride IMO.

Shattered is my all time fave. Next would probably be either Bride or Scare, can't make up my mind on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto~Luan View Post
    i do hate breaks, bu they have lives to
    They pretty much get May through August off. They have plenty of time to have lives then. People who work regular jobs work 5 days a week all year long. Most work places don't give you 4 whole months off.

shattered is my all time fav

I like all of these episodes except for Subterranean, but Shattered is pretty tough to beat, with Lex seeing Clark stop the car as a mid-season cliffhanger. Bride and Gemini, with it's reveal of Bizarro at the end, were quite good as well. I had to go with Shattered, though; it was just overall a fantastic episode, and one of my all-time favorites.

bride and shattered tied for first. gemeni comes in second.

Bride then scare.
    We have plenty to discuss over the christmas months thanks to bride.

Shattered. I think my 2nd pick would have been Bride. The reason I loved Shattered so much is because of how well the episode was written and the shock factor of seeing Lex witness Clark's powers. And what was so good about it was that it was followed up with a sequel type episode. Bride is being followed up with a good episode, but one that does not seem from the promos to pick up where Bride left off. In Shattered Clark was doing everything he could to protect Lex from Lionel and keep him alive & help him regain his sanity. In Asylum, Clark followed up with that in the Asylum. I don't think Clark will be facing off with Doomsday anytime soon.

Several others on the list were great. I loved Jitters and how it ended. Skinwalker was also great (loved that closing shot of the keyhole in the wall as Lex looked at it---very ominous). Gemini was good but they did a horrible job following up with Persona. Lexmas was a decent episode as was Scare, but they didn't leave me with the excitement the others did. Subterranean was junk except for the ending.
    Last edited by xrayvision; 11-22-2008 at 11:13 AM.

Both Shattered and Bride were compelling episodes that ended in tragedy but i can't vote against Shattered.I am sorry but the kind of acting Rosenbaum and Glover delivered in this episode is very difficult to replicate nowdays.And on top of that,it's very difficult to rap off an episode with a better song that Johnny Cash's Hurt.Jitters was a good effort and it was the first time we got a true heroics from Clark.Skinwalker was mostly a filler.Scare was also a filler while Lexmas was unique and had a great final scene.Subterranean is the worst of the lot while Gemini was good for 39 and half minutes and jaw dropping for the last 30 seconds.

Incurable Postaholic alejandrita439's Avatar
    bride, shattered, gemini

Quote Originally Posted by costas22 View Post
    Both Shattered and Bride were compelling episodes that ended in tragedy but i can't vote against Shattered.I am sorry but the kind of acting Rosenbaum and Glover delivered in this episode is very difficult to replicate nowdays.And on top of that,it's very difficult to rap off an episode with a better song that Johnny Cash's Hurt.Jitters was a good effort and it was the first time we got a true heroics from Clark.Skinwalker was mostly a filler.Scare was also a filler while Lexmas was unique and had a great final scene.Subterranean is the worst of the lot while Gemini was good for 39 and half minutes and jaw dropping for the last 30 seconds.
    I agree with most of what you say except about Skinwalker being a filler. It was anything but a filler. It made the greatest contribution the show ever had---the caves. More was done with the caves than anything else (even the FOS, which Clark was not ready to have until this season). The mythology that came from Skinwalker lasted for years on Smallville.

Quote Originally Posted by xrayvision View Post
    I agree with most of what you say except about Skinwalker being a filler. It was anything but a filler. It made the greatest contribution the show ever had---the caves. More was done with the caves than anything else (even the FOS, which Clark was not ready to have until this season). The mythology that came from Skinwalker lasted for years on Smallville.
    I completely agree! Skinwalker was one of the best episodes of the series.

For me Bride and Shattered share the first place as they both had their characters written perfectly.
    MR's and JG's performance was unforgettable but Bride had it all: mythology,romance,ships,comedy,drama and a GREAT cliffhanger!

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast