Collapse
No announcement yet.

X-Men: First Class

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

that's quick. hopefully the story will be interesting and doesn't feel rushed.

Comment

James McAvoy will be Professor Xavier in X-Men: First Class.

Comment

Interesting choice. Not sure what to say. He's practically a baby compared to Stewart.

Comment

This movie is sinking faster than the Titanic in my opinion. Why can't Marvel just buy the rights back, is that too much to ask?

Comment

Originally posted by Gotham Knight
            This movie is sinking faster than the Titanic in my opinion. Why can't Marvel just buy the rights back, is that too much to ask?
            Do you know how much that would cost?

Comment

I know the general opinion is that Marvel can do no wrong, but I would rather see 20th Century Fox keep the rights and just make X-Men 4. I'm invested in Halle Berry as Storm, James Marsden as Cyclops, Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, and Patrick Stewart as Professor X. I have no interest in seeing this First Class nonsense or seeing Marvel get the rights back and do yet another reboot (if Marvel got the rights back to every single property they own and then made a film out of each one, do you know how many reboots that would be? Essentially, none of the Marvel films released in the 2000s will have counted) with a cast I have no emotional involvement in.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
                Do you know how much that would cost?
                It's not like Disney can't afford it.

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by j03superbat
                I know the general opinion is that Marvel can do no wrong, but I would rather see 20th Century Fox keep the rights and just make X-Men 4. I'm invested in Halle Berry as Storm, James Marsden as Cyclops, Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, and Patrick Stewart as Professor X. I have no interest in seeing this First Class nonsense or seeing Marvel get the rights back and do yet another reboot (if Marvel got the rights back to every single property they own and then made a film out of each one, do you know how many reboots that would be? Essentially, none of the Marvel films released in the 2000s will have counted) with a cast I have no emotional involvement in.
                All the movies from the 2000's are being rebooted anyways so I don't have a problem with that aspect.

----- Added 6 Minutes later -----

It's just after Last Stand and Wolverine I have no vested interest in Fox made Marvel movies because I know how bad they will be.
                Last edited by Gotham Knight; 05-27-2010, 07:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

It's not like Disney can't afford it.
                  True, but if you're Disney, why would you want to pay money to get the X-Men when you can just pick one of Marvel's other million characters? Especially since Fox continues to dismantle the franchise's value, to the point where they might be able to get it on the cheap down the road.

Comment

It's just after Last Stand and Wolverine I have no vested interest in Fox made Marvel movies because I know how bad they will be.
                    But what didn't Last Stand (over-hated) and Wolverine have in common? No Bryan Singer. They made a right step by hiring him for First Class, but unfortunately he had other commitments he must've forgotten about. I understand they have to move forward without him to keep the rights, but the quality of the movie has little to do with who holds the rights - it's about who they hire to write and direct.

Comment

I´d really like them to cast Allison Miller as Jean Grey! IMO, she would be perfect for the role! She has this almost divine and ethereal beauty... I really hope she´ll be cast!

She deserves an amazing role and a breakthrough!

Will Jean Grey be in the movie? I really hope so!
                      Last edited by phoenixforce86; 06-06-2010, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by phoenixforce86
                        I´d really like them to cast Allison Miller as Jean Grey! IMO, she would be perfect for the role! She has this almost divine and ethereal beauty... I really hope she´ll be cast!

I've never heard of Allison Miller, but looked up some images of her online, and I could definitely imagine her in the role of Jean Grey if they dyed her hair red. What all has she been in before? I can't remember watching her on any TV shows or movies I've seen...

I really hope Jean will be in the movie as well. It's mainly supposed to be about the early interactions between Professor X and Magneto and how they came to be at odds with each other, right? I think that logically should include some of the Professor's first interactions with Scott and Jean as well, and hopefully some of his other first students (Bobby, Hank, Warren) and Magneto's first assistants in the Brotherhood (Pietro, Wanda, Toad, and Mastermind). Anybody have a wish list of who they'd like to have play the other original X-Men, should they make an appearance?

I could totally see Kyle Gallner (Impulse/Flash/Bart Allen on Smallville) portraying Bobby.

Comment

Originally posted by SGuthrie27
                          I've never heard of Allison Miller, but looked up some images of her online, and I could definitely imagine her in the role of Jean Grey if they dyed her hair red. What all has she been in before? I can't remember watching her on any TV shows or movies I've seen...
                          She´s still quite new to the business but she is known for playing Michelle in the short lived but amazing NBC show Kings last year. She has also been cast as one of the leads in the CW´s pilot Betwixt but the pilot didn´t get picked up, sadly. She has had guest roles in Cold Case and CSI and she had a small role in the movie 17 Again, playing young Scarlett (the love interest of Zac Efron in the movie)...

She´s a good actress IMO and if they are looking for an unknown actor, she´s the way to go!

You can read all about the pilot Betwixt on K-Site!
                          Last edited by phoenixforce86; 06-07-2010, 09:15 AM.

Comment

I am pretty sure that Jean Grey will not be in this move as based on the description it is suppose to be about Magneto and Professor Xavier before Xavier started his school. According to the descriptions of the movie it is taking place in the 1960's.

Comment

She´s still quite new to the business but she is known for playing Michelle in the short lived but amazing NBC show Kings last year. She has also been cast as one of the leads in the CW´s pilot Betwixt but the pilot didn´t get picked up, sadly. She has had guest roles in Cold Case and CSI and she had a small role in the movie 17 Again, playing young Scarlett (the love interest of Zac Efron in the movie)...

She´s a good actress IMO and if they are looking for an unknown actor, she´s the way to go!

You can read all about the pilot Betwixt on K-Site!
                              Ohhhh, okay. Thanks for the info! I haven't seen any of those shows/movies, but that does give me some background on the actress. I appreciate it.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Degobunny
                              I am pretty sure that Jean Grey will not be in this move as based on the description it is suppose to be about Magneto and Professor Xavier before Xavier started his school. According to the descriptions of the movie it is taking place in the 1960's.
                              Hmmm... That's interesting. I wonder who their main antagonist will be, as I imagine they'll be working with each other for most of the movie... Amahl Farouk, the Shadow King, perhaps? The alien Lucifer? Mr. Sinister (which wouldn't go along with the comics, really, but could be interesting)? Those are just a few ideas...
                              Last edited by SGuthrie27; 06-07-2010, 03:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by SGuthrie27
                                Hmmm... That's interesting. I wonder who their main antagonist will be, as I imagine they'll be working with each other for most of the movie... Amahl Farouk, the Shadow King, perhaps? The alien Lucifer? Mr. Sinister (which wouldn't go along with the comics, really, but could be interesting)? Those are just a few ideas...
                                If it is about Magneto and Xavier becoming the people the are meant to be, then it is possible that they will not really need an antagonist, as they will be changed by the circumstances that they go through. As for other muntants in the movie, I think Banshee is a strong possibilty.

One concern about this movie I already have though is how they will explain Megneto being marked and being involved in the Holocaust. I have feeling that this movie is going to have some serious continuity issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎