Collapse
No announcement yet.

X-Men: First Class

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personnally I'd prefer if they'd do a similar movie to First Class but during the Vietnam war era. Would be quite a natural way to reintroduce Wolverine back. Have Days of the Future Past be the third of a trilogy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mbruno

First Class
      is not supposed to be in continuity with the previous X-Men trilogy or the Wolverine movie.
      Wait, what? When was this true?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mbruno

First Class
        is not supposed to be in continuity with the previous X-Men trilogy or the Wolverine movie. I see it more as a reboot.

My only concern is that, if they ever made a sequel set in the present (i.e. 2012), Magneto would be about 80 years-old and both Professor X and Moira would be in their 70s. I assume then all immediate potential sequels will take place in the late 1960s and early 1970s.
        Since when? First Class is suppose to be in continuity with the first two x-Men films. As far as the sequel, the next film i have heard rumors is suppose to be Days of the future past, so if that happens we will probably be seeing older versions of Magneto and Xavier.

Comment

• IMHO its more like a retcon similar to what Abrams did for Star Trek.

Comment

• Originally posted by darkphoenix21
            IMHO its more like a retcon similar to what Abrams did for Star Trek.
            It may be more like that, and I might even be tempted to agree with you, but I don't think that's what they're treating it as. I'm pretty sure Fox has treated it as an in continuity prequel.

Comment

• Originally posted by darkphoenix21
              IMHO its more like a retcon similar to what Abrams did for Star Trek.
              no in the Abrams film, an alternate universe was created, no such things was done with the X-Men. X-Men first Class was a prequel to X-Men and X-Men United, the writers have stated that numerous times. It is possible, they could move away from this being a prequel since the rumored storyline days of the future past involves alternate timeline and a form of time travel. We might even get to see mutants from the original trilogy if this is indeed the storyline. That could lead to the prequels spinning off into a parallel universe of there own separate from the original trilogy.
              Last edited by Degobunny; 08-16-2012, 08:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Degobunny
                no in the Abrams film, an alternate universe was created, no such things was done with the X-Men.
                Note darkphoenix21 stated "similar to" and not "exactly the same as" what Abrams did for Star Trek.

Aside from that, if they're going to start introducing elements of time travel into their story, I wouldn't be so sure that it's as dissimilar to what Abrams did as we've all assumed to this point.

Comment

• Comparing it to Star Trek was a bad choice of words. I'm just saying that they're taking elements of the original trilogy and creating their take on the events that would eventually lead back to those films. These new films may or may not line up totally with the original but, we'll just have to wait and see.
                  Last edited by darkphoenix21; 08-14-2012, 09:57 PM.

Comment

• Didn't some higher-up say it's in continuity with X-Men and X2, but specifically not Last Stand and Wolverine? I'd have to watch them all again to see if that gets rid of all the continuity problems, but personally, I think that's a lame position to take.

Comment

• Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
                      Didn't some higher-up say it's in continuity with X-Men and X2, but specifically not Last Stand and Wolverine? I'd have to watch them all again to see if that gets rid of all the continuity problems, but personally, I think that's a lame position to take.
                      You mean like when Singer said SR was a quasi-sequel to Superman and Superman 2: The Donner Cut, but not Lester's Superman 2, Superman III, and Superman IV?

Comment

• Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
                        You mean like when Singer said SR was a quasi-sequel to Superman and Superman 2: The Donner Cut, but not Lester's Superman 2, Superman III, and Superman IV?
                        Yes.

Comment

• Mystique: "Mutant and proud."

Which is why you'll be spending the next three movies, morping into a blond, white woman, every chance you get. In X2, Kurt Wagner asks Mystique why she's not in disguise all the time and she responds: "Because we shouldn't have to". That's a woman, who is proud to be a mutant. Jennifer Lawrence, not so much.

A film that doesn't know if it wants to be a reboot or a prequel. It's supposed to be in continuity with the others, but is full on continuity mistakes. Hank McCoy building Cerebro, not Charles and Magneto. Mystique is suddenly Xavier's adoptive sister. Xavier ends up in a wheelchair in 1962, when Origins had him walking in 1979 (I don't care what later films established. That is a later film trying to explain away a mistake made in this movie).

Don't care much for this movie. It wants to be a 1960s spy movie, rather than an X-Men movie. While the first three movies had established "mutants names" as a big deal, that sets the characters apart as individuals... Here they're just goofy spy names, that the kids assume for a laugh.

The plot of the villain is stupid. He wants to nuke the world, so that mutants can rule it... Apparently, mutants are immune to radiation (not to mention the initial blast). A nuclear war would wipe out all life on the planet. Likely kill all the plants (goodbye oxygen) and rob people of food. The living would envy the dead.

Comment

• I saw that movie on cable a while ago. Most of the movie took place in the 1960s. I just wish they use only Professor X and the first 5 X-Men from the 1960s comics. It would be true to the comics of the 1960s if they did.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎